The Geek Forum

• March 29, 2024, 05:32:46 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to the prolific nature of these forums, poster aggression is advised.

Recent Forum Posts

Shout Box

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 129471
  • Total Topics: 7102
  • Online Today: 57
  • Online Ever: 1013
  • (January 12, 2023, 01:18:11 AM)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: The Dream Journal  (Read 25833 times)

Demosthenes

• Evil Ex-HN Moderator
  • Administrator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +567/-72
  • Just try me. See what happens.
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
Re: The Dream Journal
« Reply #75 on: September 20, 2014, 06:07:44 PM »

Coolio Points: 89,000,998,776,554,211,222
Detta Puzzle Points: 45

Banning forum idiots since 2001

pbsaurus

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +354/-31
  • Everyone Loves The King Of The Sea
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/flipperpete
« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2014, 01:19:02 PM »

Nice!

hackess

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +10/-0
  • DFG
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 29, 2014, 10:39:49 AM »

The other night I was dreaming that a huge furry spider was about to swing into my face, and I woke up with gasp -- throwing one of the cats off my head in the process.  :roll:

Last night, I dreamt I got to work at my previous job, with many of the same coworkers (though most of them have also left). I walked in and was immediately yelled at for not doing anything about an outage that occurred over the weekend, even though I wasn't on call and was not contacted by the person who was. Finally, I had enough and loudly announced I was quitting. I started packing up my personal things to take home. When I got there, I was living with several others and we all seemed to be witches. Someone came to attack us and I zapped them back and started setting up wards and shields around the house. I didn't realize I knew so much Latin.

pbsaurus

• Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 29, 2014, 02:03:48 PM »

I'd watch that.

zorgon

• Jail Bait
  • Coolio Points: +70/-1
  • His *brain* is gone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 29, 2014, 02:38:17 PM »

My dreams have been similar. No, really. We've been watching, like, three hours of Buffy a night.

Mostly I've been dreaming of Faith's lips.

Maybe I'm not asleep when dreaming that.
Dammit, Jim ...

hackess

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • DFG
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 09, 2014, 11:05:00 AM »

Last three nights have been about organizing/sorting/discarding random junk, most of which isn't mine.

*eyes the legacy code rewrite she's been avoiding*

Novice

• Forum Ninja
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +205/-10
  • Thread Killer 3.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 09, 2014, 11:25:00 AM »

/* Abandon all hope, all ye future people who attempt to optimize */

In last night's dream I was involved in a snowboarding competition. I've never snowboarded, but I was pestering some other snowboarder to give me all the tips and tricks. I figured hell, I've ski'd once and fell on my ass several times on a blue-black - I can handle a snowboarding competition with professionals.

Somehow, snowboarding on a snowy mountain morphed into kayaking down a river and things go fuzzy there. Very anti-climactic.
Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?

Jaepheth

• Computer Whore
  • Coolio Points: +114/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 14, 2014, 09:21:07 PM »

Experienced my first Night Terror (More annoying than terrifying) that I can remember.

Dreamt I was in the bed in which I was actually sleeping and hallucinated ("imagined" doesn't seem to convey the realism) the sound of the front door opening and a person and dog entering. I could feel the bounce in the mattress as the dog jumped on the bed and started sniffing around. I was on my side facing away from the door (the position I was actually sleeping in) and was completely unable to move or look towards the dog or its owner. The dog stayed out of sight and never licked my face; the person never spoke up to identify themselves. This exact same sequences repeated itself 3 or 4 times. On the 3rd time I was able to actually dream-move my hand to touch the dog and got a tactile hallucination of smooth short hair and body warmth; which freaked me out due to its realism, it nearly convinced me I wasn't dreaming.

I'm sorry, but the number you have dialed is imaginary. Please rotate the phone by 90 degrees and try again.

Skananabittles

• Jail Bait
  • Coolio Points: +419/-50
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 06, 2014, 01:13:24 AM »

Experienced my first Night Terror (More annoying than terrifying) that I can remember.

Dreamt I was in the bed in which I was actually sleeping and hallucinated ("imagined" doesn't seem to convey the realism) the sound of the front door opening and a person and dog entering. I could feel the bounce in the mattress as the dog jumped on the bed and started sniffing around. I was on my side facing away from the door (the position I was actually sleeping in) and was completely unable to move or look towards the dog or its owner. The dog stayed out of sight and never licked my face; the person never spoke up to identify themselves. This exact same sequences repeated itself 3 or 4 times. On the 3rd time I was able to actually dream-move my hand to touch the dog and got a tactile hallucination of smooth short hair and body warmth; which freaked me out due to its realism, it nearly convinced me I wasn't dreaming.

Are you sure that you were completely asleep? It's possible that you were just experiencing sleep paralysis, it happens to me regularly (so much so that it doesn't scare me anymore). The feeling that you were awake, the hallucinations, and the inability to move when there is a presence in the room are all indicative of that. The worst part about sleep paralysis, I find, is that if it is extreme enough sometimes you will wake up in the middle of the night (a week before the actual paralysis) and feel like someone is shaking the foot of your bed even though there is no one there. Freaky stuff when you're a bachelorette who lives alone.

My latest dream involved me losing two teeth and going to a dentist that was set up more like an X Factor karaoke bar than a dental clinic. They told me to sing and that if I performed well enough they would fix my teeth. After I sang my little heart out, the artist formerly known as Prince (or is he just known as Prince now?) told me I was terrible and made fun of me. I was outraged and tried to blame my inability to sing on the fact that I was missing teeth AND going through a cold, but he didn't care and I didn't get the dental services I desperately needed. I think it would've been cool to have a dream about Prince operating on my mouth. The last dream I can remember before that one involved having sex with a pregnant male seahorse.

hackess

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • DFG
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 06, 2014, 01:36:03 PM »

I ran into an acquaintance I know from a niche forum. She needed somewhere to live, so we started taking her stuff to my place -- or maybe my parents, since they were there too. Mom asked, with not a little chastising, that J and I not sleep on the floor any more. I don't know what that was about.

Two nights ago, an almost lover and his girlfriend had moved into my grandparents' old house. It'd been remodeled and expanded a bit, but it was definitely the same house. I could see the swingset where my brother and I used to play across the county road. The guy and his girlfriend seemed to have about a dozen pets, and when she went into the bathroom, he kissed me. Morpheus is an asshole.

zorgon

• Jail Bait
  • Coolio Points: +70/-1
  • His *brain* is gone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 06, 2014, 11:19:58 PM »

I went through a period of having very vivid, very plausible dreams that leaked away when I woke up, leaving only the memory of having dreamed vivid and plausible dreams. Lately I've had none. Lately I've been knocking myself down with Benadryl, which miiiiiiight have something to do with it.
Dammit, Jim ...

pbsaurus

• Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 07, 2014, 01:36:42 PM »

Lately I've been having vivid dreams where I'm a restaurant manager again.  The really weird thing is for some reason, at the end of the night, I'm not having to do a cash deposit or any of the closing accounting and admin work.  I might still be doing this if that were the case, oh and if it paid enough to be able to survive, oh and if the hours were reasonable...

Jaepheth

• Computer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 08, 2014, 11:52:43 PM »

Another dream where I'm in a poorly lit airport trying to catch a flight that leaves soon. Amazingly I never miss the flight, no matter how late I am.

Quote from: Skananabittles
Are you sure that you were completely asleep? It's possible that you were just experiencing sleep paralysis...
Was probably that. Sounds like a better match. Annoying, eh?

I'm sorry, but the number you have dialed is imaginary. Please rotate the phone by 90 degrees and try again.

Jaepheth

• Computer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 20, 2014, 01:01:23 PM »

Zombie dream.

Group ended up in a fenced yard with heavy tree cover and deep "ponds" about 2 - 3 feet in diameter with emerald and turquoise colored mosses. Quite pretty.

hackess

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • DFG
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 26, 2014, 10:37:33 AM »

Two BBQ trucks pull up in front of our house, and several other food trucks are down the street. I'm furious, as this usually means people leave food accoutrement on our front porch. I threaten the already growing line of patrons that if they leave anything on my property I'll throw it at them. The food truck proprietor just walks in to my house to borrow a screwdriver, and that starts what amounts to a hostile takeover of my house inside and out with people eating and drinking. I'm are trying to find our cats, since all the doors are open. I walk in from the back yard and three larger men ask if I happen to have three cases of Bud Light. I say, no, of course not, and the ringleader says they'll get some and be back, then threatens to "lay pipe" on me for cockblocking him with someone else. I say no, that won't happen. They leave to get their "beer." No one is paying any attention to me as I scream at the crowds to leave, even as I threaten to call the police. The 911 operator picks up and greets me by name. I tell her what's happening and she says they'll send over cars right away. I wake up before that happens, unfortunately.

pbsaurus

• Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 26, 2014, 02:58:23 PM »

mmm food trucks mmmm

Jaepheth

• Computer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 12, 2014, 09:21:40 PM »

Was driving a car by remote control... brakes barely worked.

Then I was being chased by cops on a canyon road, but the roads were floating in air like a Mario Kart track, so in order to lose the cops I drove off the edge to land on a separate road that crossed under the one I was on.

... driving in my dreams is orders of magnitude more dangerous than in real life.

Demosthenes

• Evil Ex-HN Moderator
  • Administrator
  • Hacker
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
« Reply #92 on: December 13, 2014, 12:08:01 PM »

Was driving a car by remote control... brakes barely worked.

Then I was being chased by cops on a canyon road, but the roads were floating in air like a Mario Kart track, so in order to lose the cops I drove off the edge to land on a separate road that crossed under the one I was on.

... driving in my dreams is orders of magnitude more dangerous than in real life.

Common dream theme for people (driving a vehicle that is problematic).  Most of the time, in a general sense, it's a subconscious expression of control issues.  Your difficulty in driving the car is a reflection of some frustration over control of some aspect of your real life.

Jaepheth

• Computer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 14, 2014, 01:35:47 PM »

Last night's was a weird one.
I was back in school... maybe 8th grade. We were getting ready to play against the school I actually went to in... volleyball?

Anyway, the conspiracies were everywhere. First, there was free food outside meant to distract us from getting ready and to make us sluggish during the game.
Then once we got inside there were police everywhere and they were obviously being manipulated. A bunch of school guards being promised promotion straight to detective? Yeah, right. I asked one how many detective spots were available and he gave a non-answer.

I forget how, but I discover that there's a specific door they seem to be guarding; so with the help of a friend we position an oil drum so that view of the door is blocked and we pick the lock. Inside there's a metal crate. I begin to open it when in my mind flashes the eye of chaos. I quickly reseal the crate, but it's too late. My vision changes; the crowds disappear, everything changes to shades of black, purple, yellow, and red. Strange beings and demons roam where there were once people. I realize that not being able to see what other humans see is problematic (In a "They Live" sort of way) and I'm going to draw attention to myself. I reach out for my friend to help me although I can't see him anymore. I try to just not react at all, but eventually a tall bright red demon grabs me and hoists me up two stories.

When I come to I can see normally again. I get the distinct impression that the police are watching me much more closely than anyone else. I decide to go on the offensive. I get a few friends and we steal a police corvette. Apparently I know a driving prodigy who drives the car expertly; swerving and drifting to get police attention, and then causing a number of non-fatal car accidents. We all hide behind our ages to avoid prosecution, but I got what I was after; a copy of the police record on me. (Not sure how that was actually helpful)

The dream then becomes less about me and more about what's been going on in the police command center. It's filled with mythical creatures (I specifically remember a centaur) they're trying to discover who broke into their servers. They manage to trace it to a policeman who recently quit. Apparently he's some super computer genius. The narrative then switches over to him as he's dismantling a power tool to continue building... something. This is where I woke up.

pbsaurus

• Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 15, 2014, 01:29:56 AM »

I don't recall ever having a car dream.  I often have dreams where I'm swimming through the air though.

Jaepheth

• Computer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 13, 2015, 05:16:23 PM »

So me and a group of people are in this old ranch house.

We're there due to some sort of issue. We've narrowed down the cause of the problem: There's multiple unlisted phone lines connected to the place, and one of them has been left off the hook.

There's no list of these numbers anywhere though; so in order to find the numbers we turn out the lights and using a single lamp we examine the walls and look for shadows of objects that aren't present (kind of spooky). When you examine the shadow you'll find a luminescent phone number written nearby...

We then start arguing over how to read an 11 digit (####-###-####) number we find.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 05:17:58 PM by Jaepheth »

pbsaurus

• Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 14, 2015, 01:55:03 AM »

I was introducing my college roommate to a radio show host and they got into a fist fight. 

Novice

• Forum Ninja
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +205/-10
  • Thread Killer 3.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 14, 2015, 11:17:44 AM »

I had one of my classics:
I'm in a building with at least 100+ stories and need to get to the top. The only means of transport to the top is an elevator on the outside of the building. As I ascend, the wind picks up to an obscene level and starts blowing the elevator around. Apparently, the elevator is only attached via cables, no rails or anything. The elevator also sometimes doesn't have doors so I hang on for dear life trying to avoid getting dumped out.

Usually when I get to the top floor, there's nothing really to do so I have to take the same elevator back down - that's when I fall out.
Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?

Demosthenes

• Evil Ex-HN Moderator
  • Administrator
  • Hacker
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
« Reply #98 on: January 25, 2015, 10:51:20 AM »

I was in a special forces unit in WW2 in Europe, working to destroy, sabotage, and otherwise interfere with Nazi supply lines behind the front. 

This dream was incredibly detailed, but it involved occasionally wearing enemy uniforms, planting explosives, and sniping out key unit leadership, only to get away into the darkness, behind hedgerows, to attack again at an unexpected time.

Jaepheth

• Computer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 04, 2015, 10:11:50 PM »

Dreamt I started a war between the US, Canada, and Germany...

When I left this dream sequence there was a weird new political map of North America... the US stretched from Alaska to Mexico; now possessing the western half of Canada. Canada annexed most of the northeast, and Germany somehow took the Midwest and deep South.

How did I start the war?

Well, I thought a perfectly reasonable place to store an explosive device loaded with sarin would be on the shoulder of a busy highway. I mean, no one would randomly activate it, right?

I thought better of it and went back to retrieve it... only to have it detonate when I was just barely far enough away to escape the explosive damage. (It leveled a very tall stack interchange)

I ran in the opposite direction as fast as I could, holding my breath, and trying to find a lobby to duck into to escape the gas.

They never pinned it on me, but rather the US somehow blamed someone else for terrorism.... etc, etc.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5