The Geek Forum

• May 26, 2024, 08:38:53 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to the prolific nature of these forums, poster aggression is advised.

Recent Forum Posts

Shout Box

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 129665
  • Total Topics: 7207
  • Online Today: 127
  • Online Ever: 1013
  • (January 12, 2023, 01:18:11 AM)

Author Topic: Saddam hangs  (Read 1465 times)

IFOUNDWALDO176

• Jail Bait
  • Coolio Points: +32/-57
    • View Profile
Saddam hangs
« on: November 09, 2006, 01:41:39 PM »

November 5, 2006
To Die For: Saddam Sentenced to be Hung
"The court has decided to sentence defendant Saddam Hussein al-Majid to death by hanging until he is dead." - Chief Judge Raouf Abdel Rahma

To the surprise of no one, days before the midterm elections in the US, the former Iraqi leader, Saddam "Didn't We Used to be Bros" Hussein was sentanced today to death by hanging for his crimes against humanity.

After a failed assassination attempt in 1982, Saddam masterminded the murders of 148 Shiites in the village of Dujail. A year later he shook hands with Donald Rumsfield.

His defense lawyers (the ones who replaced the three others who were murdered during the trial) argued that Saddam had let all 148 stand trial, before they were killed.

"The court allowed defendants to commission a lawyer and if a defendant was not able to hire a lawyer then the court would appoint one for him. The court also was allowing all defendants to talk freely," a witness who testified behind a curtain said in May.

But Saddam's luck ran out and he and several others were found guilty and will be hanged in a few months if his appeals don't pan out.

As the verdict was being read, Saddam rudely interrupted the judge by yelling, "Long live Iraq! Long live the Iraqi people! Down with the invaders. God is great. God is Great. God is great... To hell with your articles and clauses...Down with the traitors!"

Just thought that I'd ask what you people thought about this little bit of news.
"OB draws his Flaming Sword of Dumbass-Slaying +3 and strikes a heroic pose." -Odd Bloke
"Anyone goes near my wallpaper and I go all Aaron Burr on their asses." -Detta
"Administrator is god.  But not on a Windows box." Demo

hackess

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +10/-0
  • DFG
    • View Profile
Re: Saddam hangs
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 01:47:52 PM »

I think that keeping him alive, rotting in prison, we'd possibly be able to extract more information from him. I also think that murdering a former dictator means his supporters will come out of the woodwork and exact revenge. Deity knows capital punishment is a deterrent, after all.  :roll:

IFOUNDWALDO176

• Jail Bait
  • Coolio Points: +32/-57
    • View Profile
Re: Saddam hangs
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 01:58:00 PM »

I think that keeping him alive, rotting in prison, we'd possibly be able to extract more information from him. I also think that murdering a former dictator means his supporters will come out of the woodwork and exact revenge.

That is very true, and I personally wouldn't have taken this course of action, however if they actually hang him, then the most powerful dictator around will finally be dead, or he might just stick around as electricity and zap George W. Bush, which would start to make up for the trouble he's caused so far.
"OB draws his Flaming Sword of Dumbass-Slaying +3 and strikes a heroic pose." -Odd Bloke
"Anyone goes near my wallpaper and I go all Aaron Burr on their asses." -Detta
"Administrator is god.  But not on a Windows box." Demo