The Geek Forum

• April 27, 2024, 01:25:16 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to the prolific nature of these forums, poster aggression is advised.

Recent Forum Posts

Shout Box

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 129551
  • Total Topics: 7148
  • Online Today: 179
  • Online Ever: 1013
  • (January 12, 2023, 01:18:11 AM)

Author Topic: Important! Must read!  (Read 1973 times)

jeee

• Dork
  • Coolio Points: +189/-4
    • View Profile
Important! Must read!
« on: February 19, 2010, 06:36:33 PM »

NO JOKE...

READ AND PASS ON TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW Someone is sending out a very cute screensaver of the Budweiser Frogs.

If you download it, you will lose everything! Your hard drive will crash and someone from the Internet will get your screen name and password! DO NOT DOWNLOAD IT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!

It just went into circulation yesterday. Please distribute this message.This is a new, very malicious virus and not many people know about it. This information was announced yesterday morning from Microsoft. Please share it with everyone that might access the Internet.

Press the forward button on your email program and send this notice to EVERYONE you know.

Let's keep our email safe for everyone

ivan

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +499/-50
  • Not a Mod, nor a Rocker. A Mocker.
    • View Profile
Re: Important! Must read!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 07:28:35 PM »

<original content deleted>

Ugh. I obviously missed the spirit of this thread. Chalk it up to extreme fatigue last night.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 12:21:36 PM by ivan »
"I TYPE 120 WORDS PER MINUTE, BUT IT'S IN MY OWN LANGUAGE!"  -Detta

xolik: WHERE IS OBAMA'S GIFT CERTIFICATE?
Demosthenes: Is that from the gifters movement?

Detta: Crappy old shorts and a tank top.  This is how I dress for work. Because my job is to get puked on.
Demosthenes: So is mine.  I work in IT.

bananaskittles: The world is 4chan and God is a troll.

rogue_77

• Jail Bait
  • Coolio Points: +15/-11
  • Realities a mere illusion, albeit a persistent one
    • View Profile
    • Mindblogling!
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 08:04:29 PM »

Subject: A Warning

****** STATE POLICE WARNING TO NIGHT DRIVERS
THE FOLLOWING BULLETIN WAS PUBLISHED BY THE BETHLEHEM,PA. STATE POLICE

Please be advised if you are driving after dark and you see a car without headlights on DO NOT FLASH YOUR LIGHTS.... BLOW YOUR HORN... DO NOT SIGNAL THE CAR IN ANY WAY!!!

This is a new GANG MEMBER initiation called "GAME" going on in the street and it works like this: The new member being initiated drives along with their headlights off until someone notices and flashes their at him. The car that signals to the gang member is now the "TARGET" of the game. The gang member is required to chase the car that signaled and SHOOT at, or into the car in order to complete initiation requirements.

Police ask you to share this information with your family, friends and anyone else you come into contact with. This bulletin originally came from the 3rd district of Cleveland, Ohio Police Department. We understand it is beginning to happen in the Pittsburgh, PA area also and the warning is because this could escalate into any other geographic areas.

THIS IS NOTA JOKE IT REALLY IS HAPPENING JUST CHECK WITH LOCAL STATE POLICE!!!!!

PLEASE SHARE THIS WITH YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS

My parents gave me that print out in like 1998, I remember it well.

xolik

• King of the Geekery
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +541/-25
  • HAY GUYS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 08:34:00 PM »

I'm forwarding a forwarded message...read on, it it works you may get $$ from Microsoft. Certainly Bill has enough to share-maybe today we'll be blessed financially!

I am forwarding this because the person who sent it to me is a good friend and does not send me junk. Microsoft and AOL are now the largest Internet company and in an effort make sure that Internet explorer remains the most widely used program, Microsoft and AOL are running an e-mail beta test. When you forward this e-mail to friends, Microsoft can and will track it (if you are a Microsoft Windows user) for a two week time period. For every person that you forward this e-mail to, Microsoft will pay you $5.00, for every person that you sent it to that forwards it on, Microsoft will pay you $3.00 and for every third person that receives it, you will be paid $1.00. Within two weeks, Microsoft will contact you for your address and then send you a check. I thought this was a scam myself, but two weeks after receiving this e-mail and forwarding it on, Microsoft contacted me for my e-mail and within days, I received a check for $800.00.
Barium: What you do if CPR fails.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
[The Fade^C Compound]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Demosthenes

• Evil Ex-HN Moderator
  • Administrator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +567/-72
  • Just try me. See what happens.
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 10:33:40 PM »

A new site has popped up on the Internet called FreeiPods.com that surprisingly has seen little business until recently. It does exactly what it says on the tin and offers surfers a brand-new free iPod. The catch you ask? Well, it's pretty minimal actually; all you have to do is sign up to one of a number of free trials to services such as AOL or RealNetworks and also get 5 friends to do the same. After the free trial has ended you can easily cancel and receive your free iPod in the post.

Many people have been sceptical of such a scheme due to the many matrix or pyramid schemes seen on eBay and around the web also offering free iPods. This one is legitimate however and is run by Gratis Internet, a well-known Washington based customer acquisition company. Their goal is to link up with advertisers and publishers and then try to steer as many customers as possible in their direction. They have several other sites including FreeCDs.com, FreeDVDs.com and even FreeCondoms.com.

Gratis make their money from the actual companies they send customers to receiving a lump sum for everyone that signs up. Many testimonials have surfaced from people who have received iPods from the offer and encouraging others to sign-up. Some people have even started affiliate websites called “conga lines” to show people this isn't a con.

People signing up to the offer has recently spiked unsurprisngly due to increased publicity and purely due to the fact it is a real offer.

Coolio Points: 89,000,998,776,554,211,222
Detta Puzzle Points: 45

Banning forum idiots since 2001

Chris

• Administrator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +286/-8
  • IT'S A TARP
    • View Profile
    • The Geekery
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 11:51:07 PM »

Dearest,
I am Mr. Paul Mark, writing to inform you of our desire to invest in your country on behalf of Princess Haya Sheikh of Saudi Arabia.
Considering her very strategic and influential position, she hopes that the transaction is strictly confidential as possible. Also, want to disclose her identity at least
for now, until the completion of the transaction.
Hence our desire to have you as our agent abroad to protect and invest her funds in a profitable
business.
I have therefore been directed to investigate whether you would agree to act as a foreign agent in order to update this transaction.
If you can handle this, then you can come back to me via email.

Regards.

Mr. Paul Mark.