The Geek Forum

• April 25, 2024, 02:17:51 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to the prolific nature of these forums, poster aggression is advised.

Recent Forum Posts

Shout Box

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 129543
  • Total Topics: 7142
  • Online Today: 52
  • Online Ever: 1013
  • (January 12, 2023, 01:18:11 AM)

Author Topic: Salutations!  (Read 1471 times)

Kino

• Annoying Newbie
  • Coolio Points: +2/-1
  • Kinosaurus STOMP
    • View Profile
Salutations!
« on: May 03, 2011, 08:28:48 AM »

Greetings, geeks, from near and far!  I'm Kino, a friendly, neighborhood....geek...chick...man, er...wo-man. >.>;;  Anyway, I've been lurking for days (Me? Lurking? Never!) and have finally decided to bite the bullet (they're softer than one may think) and create an account (as is made evident by this post). That's right, folks. I have systematically removed myself from that super-secretive black abyss of the anonymous user list and SLAMMED myself into the limited KNOWN. Dun-dun-duuuun!!

And I might as well be known to that known, less my brave action of joining be made, well, not so brave, eh? :D So, without further ado, a little about myself:

I like everything a lot; seriously, I'm almost never bored.  FACT: I am one of those people that would be interested in reading and reproducing scientific data for mold growth on coffee.  That being said, I thought I'd rack my head for things I like a little less, like spicy food, and I'm not talking about your average spicy barbecue chicken wing. I'm talking about food so hot that all you taste are the epithelial cells sweating down the insides of your cheeks.  If you can't live without the roof of your mouth feeling like the skin on a newborn baby's bum, you've got about 23 ups on me. :D Also, I'm not a fan of candy bars or energy drinks. In fact, orange juice alone will keep me up for hours. :D  And guns. =))  Not a fan of guns, even though making ammunition is pretty cool.

So there you have it. A little bit about me. :D  I'm looking forward to being an active part of the community.  Thanks in advance for all the hello-s and welcome-s.  Many hugs! <(^.^)>

~ Kino ~
Khoopn daj een heel gelukkig leevn gaat en, daj een prachtige toekomst tegemoet gaat.  Gie ziet mien erte, mien olles, mien wereld. Mijn wereld. Meine Welt. My world, through which all things will scream your name in pleasure....

Min

• Nice Ex-Hackernetwork Moderator
  • Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +468/-13
  • Slacker Wiseass
    • View Profile
Re: Salutations!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 08:34:21 AM »

You've been lurking here for days and you posted anyway?  Wow.  Oh right, you said you're almost never bored. 

GREAT!  You're just what we need!  Welcome.
Flammable : Inflammable :: Duh : No Duh
"I TYPE 120 WORDS PER MINUTE, BUT IT'S IN MY OWN LANGUAGE!"  -ivan
1,180,463,441,680 Coolio Points

Banshee

• Geek
  • Coolio Points: +106/-3
  • Baby-Eater
    • View Profile
    • A Shadow Priest
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 10:07:32 AM »

Welcome! I am a coffee fiend! It appears we are destined to be mortal enemies... :)
"Dear pete, lol. U r dum." - Bobert

pbsaurus

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +354/-31
  • Everyone Loves The King Of The Sea
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/flipperpete
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 11:32:59 AM »

Hello s and welcome s

Kino

• Annoying Newbie
  • Kinosaurus STOMP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 04:44:27 PM »

You've been lurking here for days and you posted anyway?  Wow.  Oh right, you said you're almost never bored. 

I haven't joined a forum in a long while.  I checked out several before I joined this one.  Everyone seems pretty nice here. Thank you all. ^.^
Khoopn daj een heel gelukkig leevn gaat en, daj een prachtige toekomst tegemoet gaat.  Gie ziet mien erte, mien olles, mien wereld. Mijn wereld. Meine Welt. My world, through which all things will scream your name in pleasure....

ivan

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +499/-50
  • Not a Mod, nor a Rocker. A Mocker.
    • View Profile
"I TYPE 120 WORDS PER MINUTE, BUT IT'S IN MY OWN LANGUAGE!"  -Detta

xolik: WHERE IS OBAMA'S GIFT CERTIFICATE?
Demosthenes: Is that from the gifters movement?

Detta: Crappy old shorts and a tank top.  This is how I dress for work. Because my job is to get puked on.
Demosthenes: So is mine.  I work in IT.

bananaskittles: The world is 4chan and God is a troll.

Kino

• Annoying Newbie
  • Kinosaurus STOMP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 06:17:01 PM »

Hey, hey! Too cool! Thank you!! <(^.^<) (>^.^)> /dance

This name is more of a tribute to my grandmother, but over time more things come to have a place in the meaning. I tried learning Russian in high school, but gave it up in college.  Doesn't keep me from appreciating or enjoying it, though. b(^.^)b  Thanks! How awesome! :)

pb_got_banned

• Annoying Newbie
  • Coolio Points: +2/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 06:21:50 PM »

I like this one so far too.