The Geek Forum

• April 27, 2024, 04:06:52 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to the prolific nature of these forums, poster aggression is advised.

Recent Forum Posts

Shout Box

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 129551
  • Total Topics: 7148
  • Online Today: 180
  • Online Ever: 1013
  • (January 12, 2023, 01:18:11 AM)
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: IT Agency Work & Job Guarantees  (Read 20804 times)

teresa

• Annoying Newbie
  • Coolio Points: +0/-5
    • View Profile
IT Agency Work & Job Guarantees
« on: May 16, 2008, 05:52:05 AM »

There are many agencies and firms that claim to provide you with 'jobs' and 'training', but there is one particular company who seem to con some people and a few of my friends. Unfortunately, I was also conned by this disgraceful firm. This firm is called 'FDM Group' in Brighton. The FDM Group and their 'Academy' are simply a con. There are a few things you should be aware of. They mostly do NOT guarantee you a job in IT after training with them. Most people I know were forced to take up positions that were not related to their IT training. For example, one of my friends who wanted to be a Java programmer, was never actually given a job in programming. He was doing theitr training and then pushed into a 'call-centre' job doing some IT support - nothing to do with Java or programming. They struggle to put people into their so called 'guaranteed' jobs so they pressure you into doing something a 'bit' different - so they make their money out of you with a 'huge' cut in commission out of your wages. Two of their salesmen, Andy Brown and Jon Taplin, are SO good at doing this - beware, they are con artists who are very good at their skills in convincing people that they are getting a good deal with the 'so-called' IT jobs. In fact, FDM Group employs sales people who have NO knowledge of the IT industry - it is no wonder that they supply jobs that are not even IT-related. Jon Taplin is a racist bastard who has conned a number of vulnerable graduates who were desperately seeking their first pot of gold at the end of that IT rainbow.....until they realise that Jon Taplin will screw your dreams so that he can earn his fortune by selling rubbish to young graduates....The FDM sales team are purely money-minded with no care or thought for IT careers of those poor individuals who are desperately seeking their first pot of gold at the end of that IT rainbow.....

I was simply conned from the start with FDM Group and their dodgy contract. They make you sign a contract before your training which contains some dodgy clauses in it. They employ an old faggot called Scott Black who is used to lure people into this deception and false contract. Scott Black is another guy who has been used to contribute to the scams of this firm. The FDM Group like to scare-monger people into doing the jobs that they want you to do - not what you actually want to do or have trained to do. After starting with the FDM Group, I heard rumours from a few other colleagues about the scare-mongering tactics that are used. Mr Scott Black has been employed to do this scare-mongering activity - he tried to threaten me once and he forced me to take a job with a Bank that was not IT-related and nothing to do with my vast range of IT skills. They might seem nice at first, BUT after you sign their contract you are simply stuck in a rut with their scam. Please note that you are NOT guaranteed 2 years of work after training. Their contract contains a dodgy clause in it - they can 'terminate' your contract at any time and for any reason at all. If you don't comply with their wishes of doing any bullshit job then they can use their dodgy contract to get of rid you at any time. While I did their training, I received hardly any support from their trainers who were pathetic in their attitude towards me. Most of the training itself is copied off the internet - you could probably find much of it already on the net. This is what other trainees told me after I started with FDM. After using and abusing me, they discarded me like a piece of shit. They used me as their scape-goat. FDM Group were going through some turbulent times and struggling – so to cut their costs they got rid of several people and did not even pay any final wages to them. They were discarded like pieces of shit that are flushed down the loo....

I later discovered that this firm was investigated for fraud and deception. In particular, their operations manager, Steve Buxton was investigated and convicted of several counts of fraud by conning many graduates and promising them with careers and training in IT. He obtained 1000s of pounds from vulnerable graduates who were desperately seeking their careers in IT. As well as a convicted fraudster, Stephen Buxton is a racist bastard who is obsessed with money. Their CEO, Rod Flavell and his assistant, Julian Divett, were also investigated for their part in the scam. It is astonishing that this firm is still in business and still trying to con many innocent graduates. What a shame to the IT industry....

Anyone thinking of going to FDM Group (Academy) should think again. Just avoid them and go directly to the companies (and avoid the huge commision cut in wages). That's what I did and it's much better. The FDM Group mainly give pathetic training, lack of support, bullshit jobs and a dodgy contract. It's no wonder they were investigated for fraud and deception.

All the best,

Teresa.

MISTER MASSACRE

• Lady Modmalade
  • Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +292/-17
  • inhaling chalk in the old school
    • View Profile
    • twittery
Re: IT Agency Work & Job Guarantees
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 06:38:00 AM »

pssh bitch who cares  :mrgreen:

TheJudge

• Administrator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +330/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 09:17:42 AM »

Nice intro bitch

Novice

• Forum Ninja
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +205/-10
  • Thread Killer 3.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 09:30:15 AM »

Teresa.

. . . pft, sounds like a bitch.
Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?

BizB

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +439/-15
  • Keep making circles
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 10:44:25 AM »

Wait!  Wait just one fucking minute!  I need to make sure that I have this straight.

They put a contract in front of you which details both parties obligations to one another.
You signed this contract without first consulting an attorney.
Your friend was duped because he decided to take this shortcut into the IT world rather than actually getting a CS degree from an accredited institution.
You didn't bother to do your due diligence until AFTER you believed you were scammed.

And you want us to do what, exactly?
Without me, it's just 'aweso'.

dcrog

• Banned on the run
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +253/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 10:57:52 AM »

Did anyone actually read past the first sentence?  Which by the way was quite long.

I know I didn't.

Old enough to know better.
Apparently not wise enough.

And who says with age come's wisdom?

reimero

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +112/-5
    • View Profile
    • http://www.omgjonx.com
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2008, 11:07:29 AM »

My sister's name is Teresa.  But this isn't her.
"This f*cker is in wisconsin, reimero is from awesomeland." - Bobert

BizB

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +439/-15
  • Keep making circles
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2008, 11:16:45 AM »

There are many agencies and firms that claim to provide you with 'jobs' and 'training', but there is one particular company who seem to con some people and a few of my friends.
I want to know why she doesn't consider her friends to be people.
Without me, it's just 'aweso'.

xolik

• King of the Geekery
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +541/-25
  • HAY GUYS
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2008, 12:02:45 PM »

Whelp, that's a lot of words alright.
Barium: What you do if CPR fails.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
[The Fade^C Compound]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Demosthenes

• Evil Ex-HN Moderator
  • Administrator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +567/-72
  • Just try me. See what happens.
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2008, 12:32:53 PM »

There are many agencies and firms that claim to provide you with 'jobs' and 'training', but there is one particular company who seem to con some people and a few of my friends. Unfortunately, I was also conned by this disgraceful firm. This firm is called 'FDM Group' in Brighton. The FDM Group and their 'Academy' are simply a con. There are a few things you should be aware of. They mostly do NOT guarantee you a job in IT after training with them. Most people I know were forced to take up positions that were not related to their IT training. For example, one of my friends who wanted to be a Java programmer, was never actually given a job in programming. He was doing theitr training and then pushed into a 'call-centre' job doing some IT support - nothing to do with Java or programming. They struggle to put people into their so called 'guaranteed' jobs so they pressure you into doing something a 'bit' different - so they make their money out of you with a 'huge' cut in commission out of your wages. Two of their salesmen, Andy Brown and Jon Taplin, are SO good at doing this - beware, they are con artists who are very good at their skills in convincing people that they are getting a good deal with the 'so-called' IT jobs. In fact, FDM Group employs sales people who have NO knowledge of the IT industry - it is no wonder that they supply jobs that are not even IT-related. Jon Taplin is a racist bastard who has conned a number of vulnerable graduates who were desperately seeking their first pot of gold at the end of that IT rainbow.....until they realise that Jon Taplin will screw your dreams so that he can earn his fortune by selling rubbish to young graduates....The FDM sales team are purely money-minded with no care or thought for IT careers of those poor individuals who are desperately seeking their first pot of gold at the end of that IT rainbow.....

I was simply conned from the start with FDM Group and their dodgy contract. They make you sign a contract before your training which contains some dodgy clauses in it. They employ an old faggot called Scott Black who is used to lure people into this deception and false contract. Scott Black is another guy who has been used to contribute to the scams of this firm. The FDM Group like to scare-monger people into doing the jobs that they want you to do - not what you actually want to do or have trained to do. After starting with the FDM Group, I heard rumours from a few other colleagues about the scare-mongering tactics that are used. Mr Scott Black has been employed to do this scare-mongering activity - he tried to threaten me once and he forced me to take a job with a Bank that was not IT-related and nothing to do with my vast range of IT skills. They might seem nice at first, BUT after you sign their contract you are simply stuck in a rut with their scam. Please note that you are NOT guaranteed 2 years of work after training. Their contract contains a dodgy clause in it - they can 'terminate' your contract at any time and for any reason at all. If you don't comply with their wishes of doing any bullshit job then they can use their dodgy contract to get of rid you at any time. While I did their training, I received hardly any support from their trainers who were pathetic in their attitude towards me. Most of the training itself is copied off the internet - you could probably find much of it already on the net. This is what other trainees told me after I started with FDM. After using and abusing me, they discarded me like a piece of shit. They used me as their scape-goat. FDM Group were going through some turbulent times and struggling – so to cut their costs they got rid of several people and did not even pay any final wages to them. They were discarded like pieces of shit that are flushed down the loo....

I later discovered that this firm was investigated for fraud and deception. In particular, their operations manager, Steve Buxton was investigated and convicted of several counts of fraud by conning many graduates and promising them with careers and training in IT. He obtained 1000s of pounds from vulnerable graduates who were desperately seeking their careers in IT. As well as a convicted fraudster, Stephen Buxton is a racist bastard who is obsessed with money. Their CEO, Rod Flavell and his assistant, Julian Divett, were also investigated for their part in the scam. It is astonishing that this firm is still in business and still trying to con many innocent graduates. What a shame to the IT industry....

Anyone thinking of going to FDM Group (Academy) should think again. Just avoid them and go directly to the companies (and avoid the huge commision cut in wages). That's what I did and it's much better. The FDM Group mainly give pathetic training, lack of support, bullshit jobs and a dodgy contract. It's no wonder they were investigated for fraud and deception.

All the best,

Teresa.

lol wut?

Coolio Points: 89,000,998,776,554,211,222
Detta Puzzle Points: 45

Banning forum idiots since 2001

Wunderkind

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +419/-36
  • drunk and practicing witchcraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2008, 01:17:42 PM »

Clearly this someone who just doesn't read. She didn't read the contract, she didn't read the forum rules, she didn't read other posts in the forum. I think we should cut her some slack, she must be illiterate.

Besides, forgive my harshness, but anyone who finds a contract "dodgy" but signs it anyways gets what they deserve.
Because you either live life - bruises, skinned knees and all - or you turn your back on it and start dying. -- Captain Pike
I clicked 12AX7's banner.

Demosthenes

• Evil Ex-HN Moderator
  • Administrator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +567/-72
  • Just try me. See what happens.
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2008, 05:18:46 PM »

Clearly this someone who just doesn't read. She didn't read the contract, she didn't read the forum rules, she didn't read other posts in the forum. I think we should cut her some slack, she must be illiterate.

Besides, forgive my harshness, but anyone who finds a contract "dodgy" but signs it anyways gets what they deserve.

lol wut?

Coolio Points: 89,000,998,776,554,211,222
Detta Puzzle Points: 45

Banning forum idiots since 2001

Wunderkind

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +419/-36
  • drunk and practicing witchcraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2008, 06:45:50 PM »

:| I dunno. Now that I'm awake can't even understand myself.

Bunny Pancakes anyone?
Because you either live life - bruises, skinned knees and all - or you turn your back on it and start dying. -- Captain Pike
I clicked 12AX7's banner.

sociald1077

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +129/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2008, 08:28:37 PM »

Did anyone actually read past the first sentence?  Which by the way was quite long.

I know I didn't.

Right there with ya. Wanna one of these beers I got?
"Guns don't kill people! PHYSICS kill people!" - Dick Soloman

Dark Shade

• Agent Of The System
  • Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +176/-5
  • "It is inevitable."
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2008, 12:01:31 PM »

The_FOO

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +61/-3
  • irc.hyperion.org:6667 #hn
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hyperion.org
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2008, 10:30:09 PM »

TL;DR
http://www.errorfm.com/efm.pls
More FOOlish than you'll ever be.

big_boy_benny

• Annoying Newbie
  • Coolio Points: +0/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2008, 10:53:22 AM »

Mmmm, well I used to work for FDM and they did give some bullshit contracts to people.  Some of the staff were bit rude too.  One of their guys, Jon taplin, called me a useless nigga.  But I know how to handle a crappy firm like FDM Group.  If I want I can send some guys to burn the place down... :lol:

Ben.

xolik

• King of the Geekery
  • Hacker
  • HAY GUYS
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2008, 11:05:42 AM »

Mmmm, well I used to work for FDM and they did give some bullshit contracts to people.  Some of the staff were bit rude too.  One of their guys, Jon taplin, called me a useless nigga.  But I know how to handle a crappy firm like FDM Group.  If I want I can send some guys to burn the place down... :lol:

Ben.

You've made quite a number of errors here. Let's go over them.

1) Please post in the introduction forum and tell us about yourself. We like to know who people are before they start randomly posting in threads.
2) You bumped a thread that is almost a month old. This thread was pretty much dead and we'd prefer that they stay like that unless you have something absolutely fascinating to add.
3) You don't need to sign your posts. It's silly.

Please lurk around a bit and get a feel for the place. Thanks!

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
[The Fade^C Compound]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Stitch

• Troll
  • Coolio Points: +19/-38
  • What that smell like?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2008, 11:10:40 AM »

What kind of drugs are you on, xol? You're being uncharacteristically nice today.

xolik

• King of the Geekery
  • Hacker
  • HAY GUYS
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2008, 01:08:28 PM »

What kind of drugs are you on, xol? You're being uncharacteristically nice today.

When I'm under a lot of stress IRL, I tend to be overly polite and helpful.

Once I get this project done, I'll go back to being a raging jerk.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
[The Fade^C Compound]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Stitch

• Troll
  • Coolio Points: +19/-38
  • What that smell like?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2008, 11:15:00 AM »

Well, that puts my mind at ease. I thought you were ubducted by the fig snatchers or something.

Chris

• Administrator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +286/-8
  • IT'S A TARP
    • View Profile
    • The Geekery
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2008, 11:55:32 AM »

What if the project never comes to an end?

Chris

• Administrator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +286/-8
  • IT'S A TARP
    • View Profile
    • The Geekery
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2008, 11:17:32 AM »

Hello,

http://www.geekforum.org/index.php?topic=5817.15

You're user big_boy_benny is an ex-employee of our company who was dismissed in 2002 for gross misconduct. He has used the web for many years to slander and abuse FDM Group - sadly it's a fire that we're struggling to put out.

He worked for us for a couple of months in 2002, sexually harrassed a young lady, was sacked and subsequently set up a sex-line to her desk phone. She has since left the country as a result of his victimisation.

We have been unable to stop his actions and despite police, family and the courts he continues.  You only have to search fdm, crap, scumbags and you'll find him.

I would be very glad if you could remove him as a user and delete this posting in its entirety.  The posting has already been printed and is in the hands of the police and our lawyers.

Thank you for your help.

xolik

• King of the Geekery
  • Hacker
  • HAY GUYS
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2008, 11:20:24 AM »

set up a sex-line to her desk phone

I know what I'm doing when I quit.

oh shit guys the INTERNET POLICE are involved we're screwed

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
[The Fade^C Compound]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

12AX7

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2008, 11:31:33 AM »

Damn. How slow is business that you follow someone around internet forums.
Pages: [1] 2