The Geek Forum

• May 08, 2024, 03:08:04 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to the prolific nature of these forums, poster aggression is advised.

Recent Forum Posts

Shout Box

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 129618
  • Total Topics: 7184
  • Online Today: 135
  • Online Ever: 1013
  • (January 12, 2023, 01:18:11 AM)

Author Topic: Horrible, Horrible Trends That Must Go  (Read 5159 times)

Anonymous

Horrible, Horrible Trends That Must Go
« on: July 10, 2003, 12:32:45 PM »

Trends, as we all know them, are short-lived fads that turn out to be something really stupid that are just there to waste all of our money and make the rich even richer, have been around since the times of Jesus Christ, or maybe even before his time like when man and the dinosaurs walked the planet together.

http://www.gotthegeek.com/images/christfeet.jpg" alt="Apparently it was cool to not wear rides back in the day" border="0">
Apparently it was cool to not wear rides back in the day
Back during the time of "The Man" (AKA: Jesus Christ) almost everyone wore some sort of sandals, which were made out of some material that was certainly not plastic, water or C4 explosives. Today we have a bunch of black people, or white people that try to act black, that like to wear "200 dolla Air Force Ones" because they look "cool" and might give them "more ups" since people like Nelly promote them.

Just so I don't sound like raciest or bigot, white people, or black people that try to act white (Is there such a thing?),  have their share of trends as well. Ever since about 1776 or so we've had a cult of white people here in America who we like to call "Presidents", what the big deal about that position is I have no idea, but it seems like a novel idea for Al Sharpton to go out for that position.

Thanks to this thing call the intarweb, trends are even easier to start and spread around the entire world. This means that we have a lot more hatred to go around thanks to all those conforming-to-anti-conform pansies running around posting how everyone should be original and stop downloading music.

We've all got out trends that we dislike, and almost every where we go we see the same trends over and over again. I'm sure some of you can relate to the following. Either you're one of the people described and will write me a "rly long email" telling me how bad I should die, or you're one of the people that dislikes the described trends. I know, I have no life, so don't bother emailing me to tell me that.
http://www.gotthegeek.com/images/bobmarley.jpg" alt="Oh. Dear. God. No." border="0">
Oh. Dear. God. No.
1. Bob Marley Wanna Bes
For some reason, people either smoked too much weed and started thinking it was cool to want to be like this man, or their parents dropped them on their heads while smoking weed when their children were growing up. Thanks to that, we now have a bunch of morons going around wearing "Peace, Not War!" shirts or tie-dyed shirts because they think it looks cool. Not to mention hacky-sacks are once again coming into the picture. Hey, if Bob Marley did it, it must be the cool thing to do, right? Die.

2. EMO
I honestly don't know what it is to be "emo", but it pisses me off none the less knowing that it's almost related to punk. Thanks to this, we now have a bunch of people who want to be like Bob Marley and smoke till their eyes get cataracts while playing an acoustic guitar signing about how their girlfriend or boyfriend dumped them for the fifth time in three days, all while wearing thick-framed glasses that are supposed to make them look more "intelligent" and make them look like "deep thinkers", when in reality they have an IQ level the same as my room temperature, and never have a chance of getting married within the next 35 years.

3. Anti-Conformers
Nothing annoys me more than getting an email telling me about how much Britney Spears sucks, or how rap is evil and all rappers must die since they wear a lot of "ice" and talk about drugs. It doesn't annoy me because they want them to die, it annoys me because they think they're on a higher level of thinking, when in reality there is an entire sub-culture of these idiots walking around all conforming to anti-conform and complaining how they have such a hard life. Either way, you lose. There's always going to be someone else out there that is thinking about the same thing as you, there's always someone out there that has the same problems as you. I'm going to go buy a bullet proof vest now so I don't get shot.

http://www.gotthegeek.com/images/linuxpenguin.jpg" alt="Problem Solved!" border="0">
Problem Solved!
4. Install Linux: Problem Solved!
No. I'm sorry if you find Windows to be too hard to use. I still haven't had any problems using Windows as a workstation to this day. You might have to configure a few things to get it to not look like a child's toy if you're using Windows XP, but after that, as long as you're not a lazy son of a bitch who likes to drink nothing but Mountain Dew and install updates and have a firewall that actually works, you won't have any major problems using it as a workstation solution. Just because you use Linux does not mean that you are some l33t h4x0r that will take over the entire internet, or will prevent your hardware from failing like it sometimes tends to do regardless of your operating system, sorry. Oh, I know, I'm going to hear from you morons after you read this. Here's my email address to make it easier for you: chris@gotthegeek.com

5. People Like Me!
People that complain too much and actually think others care annoy me, as I am getting myself pretty annoyed at this point, therefor I must stop.
I don't understand the need for these trends. Maybe the next trend that will be deemd cool will be to send me all your money and give me the keys to your homes, or to elect a president that doesn't make up words when put under pressure, hell, maybe the next big trend will be sue everyone for the fun of it. Oh wait, people already do that.

Anonymous

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2003, 12:35:28 PM »

Oh boy, I have problems!

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2003, 12:38:19 PM »

Whiner!

Good article. Very good article. Let's see if Fade is going to e-mail you. lol

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2003, 12:39:19 PM »

Who is Fade? Should I fear Fade? :oops:

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2003, 12:41:38 PM »

Fade^c. I just call him fade cause I'm too lazy to swtich to my french keyboard to get that accent thingy.

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2003, 12:44:44 PM »

Oh, you mean that thing that's on the "6" key above "T"... :roll:

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2003, 01:02:14 PM »

Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

Fuck!

Min

• Nice Ex-Hackernetwork Moderator
  • Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +468/-13
  • Slacker Wiseass
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2003, 01:38:28 PM »

Haha!  I never knew that was there either.

:oops:  :P
Flammable : Inflammable :: Duh : No Duh
"I TYPE 120 WORDS PER MINUTE, BUT IT'S IN MY OWN LANGUAGE!"  -ivan
1,180,463,441,680 Coolio Points

KeithPars2

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2003, 09:33:32 AM »

That is a pretty good article Chris.

Demosthenes

• Evil Ex-HN Moderator
  • Administrator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +567/-72
  • Just try me. See what happens.
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2003, 09:23:52 AM »

I had something really great I was going to post in response to this article the other day, Chris, but now that you've fixed the errors I can't remember what it was.

:(

Coolio Points: 89,000,998,776,554,211,222
Detta Puzzle Points: 45

Banning forum idiots since 2001

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2003, 09:39:17 AM »

We'll take your word for it and assume it would have been the greatest post ever!

Demosthenes

• Evil Ex-HN Moderator
  • Administrator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +567/-72
  • Just try me. See what happens.
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2003, 09:41:36 AM »

Yeah.  This post is just a tribute to that post.

Coolio Points: 89,000,998,776,554,211,222
Detta Puzzle Points: 45

Banning forum idiots since 2001

Anonymous

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2003, 09:42:33 PM »

Great article Chris, I couldn't have put it any better myself. - Gabi [/i]

The God Of Pirates

• Annoying Newbie
  • Coolio Points: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2003, 03:29:11 PM »

-cough-

emo..isn't...that bad..

if it's real emo, of course..

-cough-

-coughiamawussdontbeatmeupcough-

love lauren
arrgh. avaste, ye scurvy sea-geeks.

Binoboy

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +5/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2003, 06:20:54 PM »

Emoboys are fun to beat up. Too bad they're prettier than most of the emogirls on average....
To die, to sleep; To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub... Ha ha! ...'Rub'!