The Geek Forum

• May 08, 2024, 06:07:43 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to the prolific nature of these forums, poster aggression is advised.

Recent Forum Posts

Shout Box

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 129618
  • Total Topics: 7184
  • Online Today: 137
  • Online Ever: 1013
  • (January 12, 2023, 01:18:11 AM)

Author Topic: Dear anonymous readers...  (Read 3839 times)

Anonymous

Dear anonymous readers...
« on: January 09, 2004, 02:57:07 PM »

Hello and thanks for checking out the main page of this marvellous site. This article is a tribute to you, the anonymous user that visits us frequently and comes back just to read our little words of wisdom. May you be guided by our delusions and may the big dipper guide your path at night. Before I go on, I want to give you a little overview of who we are. Most articles from the main page are written by three very unique individuals and I want to take a second to introduce them to you so that you can understand where they are coming from:

Chris
He created this site a few years ago. He lives by the feng shui code and this requires that all aspects of his life be balanced. That explains why Chris, who runs multiple sites, also works at McDonalds. And that’s a good thing. Honest! The guy is like 16 and I must admit that I am very impressed with his creativity and his initiative. He’s always checking out the place to make sure things are in order and he’ll contribute to the forums just like any other valuable member of our community. He’ll tell people to cram it when they annoy the fuck out of everyone.

Lacerda
He’s a long time contributor to the geekery site and he’s generally hilarious despite his confusing looks. Lacerda and I are like “that”. Well… you can’t really see what I’m doing but I’m crossing my fingers and sort of waving my hand in the air at the same time. Lacerda is like a big brother to me. Someone I look up too. That’s right! I’m not on crack; I really think that I can learn a lot from this guy. Especially if I want to confuse others. We are both Canadians and we don’t really think it’s relevant. I’m not even sure why I wrote that tidbit. But I did and I choose to type this long, yet useless and invalid explanation of why I said that, because I refuse to hit the back space key. I suffer from BSphobia. Not Bull Shit phobia, but Back Space phobia. It conveniently explains why I make so many typos. Anyway, Lacerda is without question a great writer. I don’t need to tell you this. You have read his work. I remember asking him “Dude, why are you wasting your life working at IKEA??? You’ve got so much potential!”. I’m happy to report that Lacerda is no longer involved in the retail business and he’s getting closer and closer to getting his dream job: He’s currently in charge of the stapler in some office and he’s on-line most of the time. Congratulations buddy!

TheJudge
Well that’s me. And since I don’t really like to talk about me, I’ll make it short. I choose to write articles for the geekery because I feel I have something to give: a smile. That is my only purpose. In fact, my entire life revolves around making people smile. Let me tell you a little story. I remember this guy who hated his mother in law like the pest. I spent some time with the guy probing for information and offering advice. Now let’s not take things out of context when I say I was probing him for information. After all, he’s not even a Christmas elf. In the end, my friend looked at his mother in law, he winked and smiled. I was very happy with myself. And then, he pulled the trigger and shot the bitch! OK, so the point is that I can’t make everyone smile. In fact, I sometimes annoy some people with my random nonsense. But since I don’t really give a damn about those jerks, I ignore them. I also hate confrontations in general. I’m a dreamer! I think everyone can get along! I’m sure they could if they really wanted to. Well... so much for making this short.  OK back to business.

There have been other people involved with the articles in the past, but they have not been active as of late. You can always check out our article archives if you would like to see their work. But let’s make this article about you, the anonymous reader. You are the person (or robot) that comes here regularly and never says a word. I have a question for you. What is your fucking problem? We have a free discussion forum and we want to get to know you! We want to hear what you have to say about some of the stuff we write and about your view on various things that matter in the world such as twinkies and chocolate coated tacos. Why are you hiding? I can see you!!! Hey... Is that a taco in your hand?? You little trixter! Crawl out from under that rock and come on over! And if you happen to be a complete moron, don’t worry about it. Don’t worry about anything. We’ll take care of it. Your access to the site will be removed and this article will no longer apply to you. It’s a win win situation if you ask me.

The other thing I would like to tell you, anonymous reader, is thank you. Thanks for coming back. Thanks for bookmarking this page and checking back once in a while to look for updates. We really appreciate that. But I have a problem… I have no way to confirm if you are in fact real or just a figment of my imagination. I’d like to think that we all write stuff for real people to view and enjoy. But I could be mistaken. And that’s a scary thought because I’m never wrong about anything. I have like a 3rd eye. An invisible eye that allows me to sense things… It’s all very mystical and stuff. And the really weird part is that my 3rd eye is blue while my other two eyes tend to alternate between brown and green. How fucked up is that???

Anyway, consider this an invitation from all of us at the geekery. Why not drop in and say hello? The forums are just a click away.

hackess

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +10/-0
  • DFG
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2004, 06:19:56 PM »

Addendum to "Dear Anonymous Reader":

We're not all as crazy as the author of said piece.  :P  We may be incoherent, with grandiose ideas about our abilities, sexual or otherwise, but we have fun. Isn't that what's important?

Welcome.

TerrorDronze

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +22/-10
  • I'm not narcissistic, I'm just awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2004, 10:30:57 PM »

i'm not gandoise about my abilities.... i can do everything i claim to do to women and computers... especially women....  :wink:
Wait, so the might-be-a-bot isn't dead?!

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2004, 05:15:20 PM »

Sometimes I think TD is a bot that just says random things. Then again, the same could be said about me.

pseudonymph

• My Space Emo Attention Whore
  • Coolio Points: +84/-0
  • yukaduka
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/sande
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2004, 05:46:07 AM »

I thought your third eye was brown?! or is that something else...
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make.

TerrorDronze

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +22/-10
  • I'm not narcissistic, I'm just awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2004, 04:23:06 PM »

Quote from: TheJudge
Sometimes I think TD is a bot that just says random things. Then again, the same could be said about me.

Close, but not quite, Judge.  I am actually a piece of AI put together, unwittingly, by a so-called L337 ]-[@xXx()2 when he tried to deliver a virus through port 666 on a firewall and failed (the idiot)...  And thus TerrorDronze was created...  but not really.  I'm gust a skinny white geek with ADD and too much time on my hands that happens to work at starbucks...  *shrug*
Wait, so the might-be-a-bot isn't dead?!