The Geek Forum

• May 12, 2024, 07:57:17 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to the prolific nature of these forums, poster aggression is advised.

Recent Forum Posts

Shout Box

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 129628
  • Total Topics: 7187
  • Online Today: 151
  • Online Ever: 1013
  • (January 12, 2023, 01:18:11 AM)
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Women/Sex..  (Read 16371 times)

Socrates

• Wannabe Professional Blogger
  • Coolio Points: +123/-2
    • View Profile
Re: Women/Sex..
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2006, 07:04:45 AM »

I still want to know why.

It seems obvious to me that sticking your junk into any willing orifice gives you a higher chance of contracting something.  It also seems obvious to me that such practices could lead you to thinking of women as nothing but recepticles for your seed.

I'm not saying meaningless=OMG you'll die!!!

From my college life I'd say that meaningless sex is hardly better than settling down with some lotion and having a good masturbation session.
--this space intentionally left blank--

12AX7

« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2006, 07:51:37 AM »

Doesn't all that depend on what 'meaning' you're looking for?

Socrates

• Coolio Points: +123/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2006, 12:32:18 PM »

Doesn't all that depend on what 'meaning' you're looking for?

Yes.
--this space intentionally left blank--

BizB

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +439/-15
  • Keep making circles
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2006, 12:41:27 PM »

It seems obvious to me that sticking your junk into any willing orifice gives you a higher chance of contracting something. 
This could only be true if you depend upon someone other than yourself for safety.  If you take it upon yourself to have the safest of sex, your chances of contracting something by sleeping with random people is probably less than the chances of contracting something while you believe that you're in a monogamous relationship.

It's the guy that's poking his girlfriend without protection because "she's only sleeping with me" that is going to contract an STD.
Without me, it's just 'aweso'.

12AX7

« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2006, 04:20:32 PM »

I can't wait until STDs are airborne pathogens.

pbsaurus

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +354/-31
  • Everyone Loves The King Of The Sea
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/flipperpete
« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2006, 05:24:37 PM »

Then they wouldn't be STDs they'd be ATDs

12AX7

« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2006, 05:59:56 PM »

Precisely.

Evonus

• Whipping Boy
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +158/-296
  • ZE TROLL KING!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2006, 06:05:06 PM »

This could only be true if you depend upon someone other than yourself for safety.  If you take it upon yourself to have the safest of sex, your chances of contracting something by sleeping with random people is probably less than the chances of contracting something while you believe that you're in a monogamous relationship.

It's the guy that's poking his girlfriend without protection because "she's only sleeping with me" that is going to contract an STD.

I really doubt it. If you sleep with herpie infested hobags every night you'll only go so long without a condom break.
"Did you name your mole Avogadro?" -PBsaurus

12AX7

« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2006, 06:07:35 PM »

Who said anything about a condom?
I use RAID.

Err... actually, it's Raid. Although I DO use RAID for pr0n...
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 06:09:25 PM by 12AX7 »

phyre

• My Space Emo Attention Whore
  • Coolio Points: +14/-1
    • View Profile
    • http://morningphyre.com
« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2006, 06:26:16 PM »

The lines between domination and degradation are sometimes hard to approach. I've had a partner who really enjoyed pain during intercourse, of varying types, and really liked roleplaying dominant/submissive roles- things I had a hard time with in the beginning. I learned better over time, and I learned where the line was between hurtful pain and pleasurable pain. The same sort of thing can be said about the "insults" espoused by the thread creator. I think he's mistaking his "insulting" behavior, and how it's interpreted- some women enjoy being around very assertive/arrogant men, and I can see how certain insults can play into this sort of attraction. It's no mistake to be confident around a woman, if you're sure of yourself, then you help prove to her that she can be sure of you as well. But intentionally insulting a woman can only lead to the eventual degradation of your relationship, and is therefore a waste of time. Be open, be honest, be confident, and be a gentleman.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 06:27:47 PM by phyre »

"Together we are what we can't be alone" -Dropkick Murphys

derry

• Jail Bait
  • Coolio Points: +1/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2006, 07:17:25 PM »

I think he's mistaking his "insulting" behavior, and how it's interpreted- some women enjoy being around very assertive/arrogant men, and I can see how certain insults can play into this sort of attraction. It's no mistake to be confident around a woman, if you're sure of yourself, then you help prove to her that she can be sure of you as well. But intentionally insulting a woman can only lead to the eventual degradation of your relationship, and is therefore a waste of time. Be open, be honest, be confident, and be a gentleman.

I'm not mistaking it...I'm using it. I get a lot more "mileage" out of an insult than being polite. The Judge mentioned that we speak different languages, and this is true. I don't fully understand it. I recently approached a girl with a compliment immediately followed w/ a harmless insult. She spent the next 1.5 hours trying to justify herself from that one remark...for whatever reason?? I'm not saying I have any grand answers...I'm saying you have better odds if you don't approach with the same old tired introductions. After the initial remark, I barely had to talk for the entire 1.5 hours. I don't understand, but it's been working. I kinda posted this in response to the Judge's "soulmate" post...if one isn't looking for a soulmate, then they're looking for something else...perhaps one of the various categories previously mentioned. As a single guy, I'm open to friends, sex...or if something more meaningful develops, all the better. Confidence does factor in...all women like confidence (even if I'm not confident on an approach, I pretend to be). However, for me, it isn't about being assertive or arrogant....not at all. It's more about confusion. Even a confident attractive guy will blow an initial encounter if he's an arrogant ass...or approaches w/ the same tired lines. An initial approach has nothing to do with a "relationship"...there is no relationship at that point. I've always treated women very respectfully (minus the psycho on my porch...but I even treated her well). My point is, I can get into a relationship or even the sex stage without dialogue. Approaching a girl cold...out of the blue...and getting somewhere is no easy task. Again, this has nothing to do with the "act" of sex, degradation, etc. My intent of this post is only about getting to that point...dialogue...interest....and eventual sex/relationship. It's not about domination, etc. within a relationship.

LuciferSam

• Coolio Points: +122/-122
  • ástellaþ: ("hálette eormengrund!")
    • View Profile
    • ZomboCom
« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2006, 09:10:38 PM »

It works with sheep as well.

• Q: What is green and homeomorphic to the open unit interval? A: The real lime!

Demosthenes

• Evil Ex-HN Moderator
  • Administrator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +567/-72
  • Just try me. See what happens.
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2006, 12:01:41 PM »

It works with sheep as well.

:-o

That sounds like experience talking.

Coolio Points: 89,000,998,776,554,211,222
Detta Puzzle Points: 45

Banning forum idiots since 2001

pbsaurus

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +354/-31
  • Everyone Loves The King Of The Sea
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/flipperpete
« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2006, 12:09:28 PM »

Remember he's Irish...

Demosthenes

• Evil Ex-HN Moderator
  • Administrator
  • Hacker
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2006, 01:22:18 PM »

True.

12AX7

« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2006, 11:22:47 PM »

LuciferSam

• View Profile
    • ZomboCom
« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2006, 12:12:59 AM »

When you approach a fine ewe, you have to use a lot of tact and guile. You don't insult the sweet little thing, at least not maliciously, but you do have to get her more interested in you than anything else around you. I usually use a shovel, but duplicity and cajoling also works, so I think this fellow's thesis has merit.

• Q: What is green and homeomorphic to the open unit interval? A: The real lime!

12AX7

« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2006, 12:49:31 AM »

:-D Ewe da man, Luci!!   ::detta

brandon85

• Annoying Newbie
  • Coolio Points: +3/-0
  • wEird in mY own way
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 22, 2006, 02:11:29 PM »

o_O

Okay...I feel kind of bad, so I'm not going to smite you and insult you and call you a doucenozzle like I want very badly to. Instead, I'll offer you some advice, from the viewpoint of a woman.

Some women like to be insulted, berated, and dominated. Some don't. There isn't an in-between. And the majority of women don't like being insulted, and will listen to you insult them and throw their drink in your face. While this is an effective way of getting free alcohol, it isn't a constructive way to "get laid."

So make sure you assess the woman's mindset before openly degrading her...it'll save you some embarassment.

I'd have to agree. Women like to feel that no matter what other women walk across the room, your attention will be on her only. If your insulting her she's not going to feel very superior to the other women around. Instead, be a gentleman. Provide positive feedback about how she looks, laugh or at least give a smile at her jokes, and treat her like a person instead of the thing that will "relieve the pressure" at the end of the night. This my friend will ensure a happy ending.  :evil:
"You don't love a woman because she is beautiful, but she is beautiful because you love her."  ~ Anon

LuciferSam

• View Profile
    • ZomboCom
« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2006, 12:49:33 PM »

I think we're all missing a vital point here, one that has been a guiding principle throughout my life. Getting drinks thrown in your face is a great way to get a lot of free booze fast.

Amaranthe

• Annoying Newbie
  • Coolio Points: +16/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2006, 09:05:00 AM »

I didn't read all the replies, but to the OP I just have to say.. your method actually isn't bad if your goal is just to get laid. But even then, you are just playing games with the insecurities many women have.

If you are interested in being ethical or actually at some point having a relationship with a strong, wise, nurturing, and self-secure woman, you are shooting yourself in the foot proverbial foot.

But then, you may just care about getting laid and not actually care about the women you are fucking with (both literally and figuratively). If you do, well meh. I would only propose that you keep in mind that you might actually feel differently someday. And when and if you do, most such women really aren't interested in man-whores.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 09:09:12 AM by Amaranthe »

Demosthenes

• Evil Ex-HN Moderator
  • Administrator
  • Hacker
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2006, 11:03:58 AM »

Well-said.

xolik

• King of the Geekery
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +541/-25
  • HAY GUYS
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2006, 12:17:18 PM »

I didn't read all the replies, but to the OP I just have to say.. your method actually isn't bad if your goal is just to get laid. But even then, you are just playing games with the insecurities many women have.

Leykis 101.
Barium: What you do if CPR fails.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
[The Fade^C Compound]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

BizB

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +439/-15
  • Keep making circles
    • View Profile