The Geek Forum

• April 28, 2024, 05:31:05 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to the prolific nature of these forums, poster aggression is advised.

Recent Forum Posts

Shout Box

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 129555
  • Total Topics: 7152
  • Online Today: 270
  • Online Ever: 1013
  • (January 12, 2023, 01:18:11 AM)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Merry May Day!  (Read 16311 times)

BizB

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +439/-15
  • Keep making circles
    • View Profile
Re: Merry May Day!
« Reply #75 on: May 09, 2007, 08:04:31 PM »

I feel like this is a good time for me to join this discussion.  I have opinions on the topic that I feel the need to share and so I will do so, now.

Firstly, it is my opinion that ibuprofen alone is worse on your stomach than any combination of aspirin and alcohol.  Once, I took 800mg ibuprofen on an empty stomach and I got really bad heart burn for several days.  I didn't even have a drink, either.  Plus, it hurt.  Since ibuprofen is obviously worse for your stomach than the combination of alcohol and aspirin, I feel that the FDA is wasting their time trying to regulate the use of aspirin and alcohol.  The time would be better spent on regulation of ibuprofen.

Then, I watched The Last King of Scotland and after that scene where that one fat black guy had a really bad stomach ache and he thought he had been poisoned, I thought twice about how bad it really hurt when I took that ibuprofen on an empty stomach.  I guess it didn't hurt bad enough to summon a doctor, so that Uganda d00d clearly was in more pain.  He probably felt that the end was near.  I felt sorry for him.  But then, he was the president of Uganda and I'll never do that, so why should I feel sorry for him?  Uganda d00d wasn't bleeding from the stomach, though.  He just had a really big fart stored in his belly.

Since Uganda d00d drank beer and took aspirin and got really bad gas, I think the FDA should put warnings on those products warning, not the person consuming those two items, but the people around them, that the potential for greenhouse gas release is greatly increased around such people.  If you've ever had a gas pain, you know what Uganda d00d went through and you'll agree that you should NEVER take aspirin and drink beer.
Beer is alcohol.

Therefore, I have to agree with Evonus.  Aspirin and alcohol really aren't good together.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 08:07:30 PM by BizB »
Without me, it's just 'aweso'.

Evonus

• Whipping Boy
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +158/-296
  • ZE TROLL KING!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 09, 2007, 08:14:20 PM »

"Did you name your mole Avogadro?" -PBsaurus

ivan

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +499/-50
  • Not a Mod, nor a Rocker. A Mocker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 09, 2007, 08:44:47 PM »

Ah, that was my problem! I haven't seen that Uganda film, so I didn't have all the facts. Now it makes sense. But Tylenol still scares me worse, because it can cause liver damage. I'd rather bleed from the stomach than have no liver, because having no liver will certainly be worse. And as far as getting a replacement liver, I'm not no fucking David Crosby. As I've mentioned elsewhere. There'd be like ten million Tylenol users ahead of me in line at the liver replacement place.
"I TYPE 120 WORDS PER MINUTE, BUT IT'S IN MY OWN LANGUAGE!"  -Detta

xolik: WHERE IS OBAMA'S GIFT CERTIFICATE?
Demosthenes: Is that from the gifters movement?

Detta: Crappy old shorts and a tank top.  This is how I dress for work. Because my job is to get puked on.
Demosthenes: So is mine.  I work in IT.

bananaskittles: The world is 4chan and God is a troll.

Agent_Tachyon

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +195/-45
  • Beyond 1337
    • View Profile
    • Screaming Brain
« Reply #78 on: May 09, 2007, 10:19:06 PM »

Would a doctor implant a liver if I carried it into the hospital inside a cooler NQA?
Singularity god is EVIL as
Creation reigns as Opposites.
Educators, and You - ought
to be killed for ignoring the
fact that "Earth is Cubed".
(ignored and suppressed by EVIL educators)

Evonus

• Whipping Boy
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +158/-296
  • ZE TROLL KING!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 09, 2007, 10:35:07 PM »

Would a doctor implant a liver if I carried it into the hospital inside a cooler NQA?

I'll do it for you for a small fee, just swing on by.
"Did you name your mole Avogadro?" -PBsaurus
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]