The Geek Forum

• April 28, 2024, 02:24:32 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to the prolific nature of these forums, poster aggression is advised.

Recent Forum Posts

Shout Box

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 129553
  • Total Topics: 7150
  • Online Today: 189
  • Online Ever: 1013
  • (January 12, 2023, 01:18:11 AM)

Author Topic: Look! I'm Kreative!  (Read 2845 times)

Anonymous

Look! I'm Kreative!
« on: January 28, 2004, 03:11:00 PM »

http://www.gotthegeek.com/images/judgeavatar.jpg"> Submitted by TheJudge

We are so creative here at TheGeekery(OMFGLOL!!11). We just came up with this creative idea of creating a creative corner and call it “Kreative Korner” just to be kreative. Ermmm… I mean creative.

OK… Look at that paragraph above. There’s no creativity there! Check it out:
“TheGeekery(OMFGLOL!!11)” – I stole that from Demosthenes.

“We just came up…” – I’m stealing credit. Chris came up with the idea. He stole it from his English teacher who probably stole it from some genius kid who’s been sent to a corner and was excluded for being so different and not fitting in the typical school system mold.

“Kreative Korner” – OK switch the C with a K. That’s real creative. Way to go! Next, they’ll start swithing O’s with 0’s and E with 3 and S with 5. At this rate, you could come up with a whole new language and even have online translators for it!

“creative. Ermmm… I mean creative” – That was all mine! MINE! And it’s really nothing to brag about.

So if there’s absolutely no creativity in this article, then what the hell is creativity? How does one become creative? I’m going to explain it. There’s this huge misconception that creative people make things out of nothing. That is so untrue. Creativity is nothing more than the association of existing idea to form new ideas. We don’t just create or invent things out of thin air. We either make an accidental discovery, or we try to see beyond the confines of this box we live in.

Accidental creativity: It’s pretty simple really. You trip, you knock your head on a rock, you bleed, you hold up your hand to your head to apply pressure and stop the blood from pouring down and ruining your clothes. Then you think “Crap! This hurts! On top of that, I’ve just lost the usage of my hand because I have to hold it to my forehead. There’s gotta be a better way…” Then you scream “EUREKA!” you just invented the headband. Little did you know that it was going to end up as fashion wear instead of a medical tool that was going to make you millions and millions of dollars.

OK, I’m not sure if that’s exactly how the headband was created. But it doesn’t matter. The point is the accident itself has nothing to with creativity. The accident becomes the trigger for a creativity exercise. But the end result, the headband in this case, came from association of ideas and memories. So there is no accidental creativity after all… Why did I bring it up? Becase people think it exists.

Why be creative? Well there really is only one reason: to address a need. And sometimes, the need itself will require the creation of another need which leads to evolution and more creativity. If we were not creative, we could not evolve. We all evolve thus we are all creative. It’s simple isn’t it?

Let me illustrate the creativity by association. Look at a bicycle seat for example. Look at how you get on a bicycle. It’s a little like riding a horse. Why can’t my bicycle seat be like a huge chair instead of some tiny saddle that hurts my ass? I’m going to make an assumption here so don’t quote me on it, but it’s probably because the first bicycles designs were partly based on the most current transportation device of that time. That was the horse.

Creativity has such a huge impact on our every day lives, it is so present in everything we touch and do that we forget it’s there. And then we whine. “I’m not creative”. Bullshit! Everyone is capable of creativity. It’s like learning. Everyone can learn. Some learn at a slower rate than others, but everyone learns. There are various degrees to creativity. That’s all.

Now I’m just throwing in a bunch of ideas here and I need to wrap it up and don’t know how to so how about I just stop this now. And since creativity is about association, if you have a problem with the fact that I’m abruptly concluding this article, how do you feel about associating my foot in your ass?