Forum > Entertainment

Recommend me a movie

(1/3) > >>

Chris:
What 5 movies would you put on a list for someone to watch? I've been finding myself having a hard time finding good movies these days to watch... just seems like Hollywood has been putting out really shallow stories more often than not these days.

My current top 5 for 2017 would be:

Interstellar
Inception
12 Angry Men
Predator
We Were Soldiers

Wunderkind:
Is this all time top fives?

1. Total Recall (1990)
2. Sicario
3. Band of Brothers (mini-series count don't lie)
4. Nosferatu
5. As Above So Below

Dark Shade:
God, where do I start? Call me a cinephile:

- Big Nothing
- Crash
- Death At A Funeral (Original 2007 Version)
- The Jacket
- The Nines

Just the first few that popped into my head - I have a truly massive collection. I tend not to watch movies by me onesie - I enjoy sharing the experience with others; make it social. I also enjoy movies that make you think. If I can predict every scene as it comes around, I'll enjoy it less.

Chris, if you'd like more - I have a list.  :oops:

Chris:

--- Quote from: Wunderkind on November 13, 2016, 09:39:07 PM ---Is this all time top fives?

1. Total Recall (1990)
2. Sicario
3. Band of Brothers (mini-series count don't lie)
4. Nosferatu
5. As Above So Below

--- End quote ---

Band of Brothers... thanks for the suggestion! Completely forgot all about this mini series until you mentioned it. Adding to my watch list!

Chris:

--- Quote from: Dark Shade on November 13, 2016, 10:20:33 PM ---God, where do I start? Call me a cinephile:

- Big Nothing
- Crash
- Death At A Funeral (Original 2007 Version)
- The Jacket
- The Nines

Just the first few that popped into my head - I have a truly massive collection. I tend not to watch movies by me onesie - I enjoy sharing the experience with others; make it social. I also enjoy movies that make you think. If I can predict every scene as it comes around, I'll enjoy it less.

Chris, if you'd like more - I have a list.  :oops:

--- End quote ---

I think that's why I liked Interstellar and Inception so much... I think I've watched each of those movies at least 3 times and each time I always discover new plot twists that I just didn't catch before.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version