The Geek Forum

• May 20, 2024, 04:08:50 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to the prolific nature of these forums, poster aggression is advised.

Recent Forum Posts

Shout Box

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 129643
  • Total Topics: 7191
  • Online Today: 88
  • Online Ever: 1013
  • (January 12, 2023, 01:18:11 AM)

Author Topic: Very cool toy....  (Read 3828 times)

nickyf

• Annoying Newbie
  • Coolio Points: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Very cool toy....
« on: August 01, 2005, 05:21:30 AM »

Has anyone seen this new mobile location thing - lets you locate people using their mobile phones, bit like GPS...

I came across this one the other day, which seems really good - www.closer-business.com - also seems quite cheap, unless you use it an awful lot.

Signed up for a free trial, and seems like a viable alternative to GPS tracking, although obviously the accuracy is really dependent on where you are. Did locate someone in London the other day, and it got down to about 200 metres though, which I thought was pretty damn good... pretty much street level.

Has anyone had any experience with using things like this in practice?

N

BizB

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +439/-15
  • Keep making circles
    • View Profile
Very cool toy....
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2005, 09:19:30 AM »

Hi!  We love that you felt compelled to join the forum and make a post.  However, tradition has it that you should create a newbie thread wherein you'll post some inane crap about who you are and what you do etc.  We'll pretend we care and welcome you to the fold and then, and ONLY then, will your posts be recognized outside the newbie forum with something other than scorn.

Capisce?
Without me, it's just 'aweso'.

hackess

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +10/-0
  • DFG
    • View Profile
Very cool toy....
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2005, 09:36:23 AM »

Biz, I had to edit your post.
"Capiche" was bothering me.

BizB

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Keep making circles
    • View Profile
Very cool toy....
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2005, 09:37:32 AM »

Thanks cat!  I knew that was wrong, but google didn't come up with a correction/suggeston when I used that speeling.

You're the greatest.

atari

• Annoying Newbie
    • View Profile
Very cool toy....
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2005, 11:24:13 AM »

This would be much cooler if it didnt require approval from the recepient...

Though admittedly, having my manager realise that all my dr appointments were really just trips to the pub would kinda suck...
I beat the Internet...the last boss was really hard.

PoolMasta

• Annoying Newbie
    • View Profile
Very cool toy....
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2005, 01:46:38 AM »

Quote from: BizB
Hi!  We love that you felt compelled to join the forum and make a post.  However, tradition has it that you should create a newbie thread wherein you'll post some inane crap about who you are and what you do etc.  We'll pretend we care and welcome you to the fold and then, and ONLY then, will your posts be recognized outside the newbie forum with something other than scorn.

Capisce?

geez.....ur alot of a fuckin smartazz aint ya?...someone new joins the forums  and tellz us a good thing datz goin and wuld like us to kno and wat doez he/she get?.....a fart in da face by a fuckin jackazz such as urself!

if u dont have an opinionative reply then dont reply at all!

i think if u wanna tell him da newbies go to da newbie forums i think u can say it in a much nicer way!.....

u just wanna get more fuckin posts!

im surprised a motherfucker like u havent been already banned by ur rudeness to otherz

fuckin hell m8.....read 2 of ur replies to otherz and u just reply wif rudeness and fuck u m8!

FUCK U!!!!

Vespertine

• The VSUBjugator
  • Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +371/-38
    • View Profile
Very cool toy....
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2005, 01:56:01 AM »

Quote from: PoolMasta

Capisce?

geez.....ur alot of a fuckin smartazz aint ya?...someone new joins the forums  and tellz us a good thing datz goin and wuld like us to kno and wat doez he/she get?.....a fart in da face by a fuckin jackazz such as urself!

i think if u wanna tell him da newbies go to da newbie forums i think u can say it in a much nicer way!.....

im surprised a motherfucker like u havent been already banned by ur rudeness to otherz

fuckin hell m8.....read 2 of ur replies to otherz and u just reply wif rudeness and fuck u m8!

FUCK U!!!!

Well, now that I've read all of your drivel, let me be the first to say...buh-bye.  It's been nice knowing you, and we sure will miss you around here.

Oh yeah, one last thing.  Only morons and/or 12 year olds type like you.  I've said it before and I'll say it again.  Quit ditching fucking English class!  God damn kids!

GET OFF MY LAWN!

As a general question to whatever legal experts are on hand: is it too late for this asshat to be aborted?

Edit: By the way, when you start to wonder why you got banned, it's because you insulted one of the funniest people around here.  Oh, and he happens to be one of the charter members of this board.  Thanks for playing though.

Edit to the Edit: Make that two charter members that you've insulted in the span of less than four minutes.  This comment is in reference to your post in the newb forum.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass.  And, I'm all out of bubble gum.

Dark Shade

• Agent Of The System
  • Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +176/-5
  • "It is inevitable."
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
Very cool toy....
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2005, 05:49:22 AM »

Quote from: Vespertine
Well, now that I've read all of your drivel, let me be the first to say...buh-bye.  It's been nice knowing you, and we sure will miss you around here.

Oh yeah, one last thing.  Only morons and/or 12 year olds type like you.  I've said it before and I'll say it again.  Quit ditching fucking English class!  God damn kids!

GET OFF MY LAWN!

As a general question to whatever legal experts are on hand: is it too late for this asshat to be aborted?

Edit: By the way, when you start to wonder why you got banned, it's because you insulted one of the funniest people around here.  Oh, and he happens to be one of the charter members of this board.  Thanks for playing though.

Edit to the Edit: Make that two charter members that you've insulted in the span of less than four minutes.  This comment is in reference to your post in the newb forum.

I was wondering who the first person to point him out would be. If there wasn't anyone, hell, I was about to say something.

Props to ya Ves. With every new post I read, the more frustrated I became with this guy.

TheJudge

• Administrator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +330/-6
    • View Profile
Very cool toy....
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2005, 07:48:54 AM »

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

LADIES AND GENTLEMENT

I'm happy to report that this HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRICANE will no longer be ravaging your beloved forum.

Now I have some cleaning up to do...

BizB

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Keep making circles
    • View Profile
Very cool toy....
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2005, 10:17:19 AM »

Bless you my moderator.

Demosthenes

• Evil Ex-HN Moderator
  • Administrator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +567/-72
  • Just try me. See what happens.
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
Very cool toy....
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2005, 10:25:51 AM »

Hey Biz... you okay, man?  We heard you had kind of a rough day yesterday.   :shock:

Coolio Points: 89,000,998,776,554,211,222
Detta Puzzle Points: 45

Banning forum idiots since 2001

BizB

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Keep making circles
    • View Profile
Very cool toy....
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2005, 11:37:45 AM »

Yeah... I'm better.

Yesterday I had a bad reaction to the pain killers that they prescribed for me.  I guess I didn't eat enough with them.

The back/abdominal pain that I need the painkillers for is still pretty constant.

aussie_bloke

• Annoying Newbie
    • View Profile
Very cool toy....
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2005, 08:44:32 PM »

Quote from: Vespertine

Capisce?

FUCK U!!!!

GET OFF MY LAWN!

didnt u say buh-bye?....well im still here shithead! :lol:

yeah its nice knowin u2

and btw im no way near ur lawn yanky!

yeah go ahead block  me again.....im just gonna keep cumin bac and u geeks will neva kno how......mayb wen ya turn 2 yearz old u'll kno!  :lol:

hackess

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +10/-0
  • DFG
    • View Profile
Very cool toy....
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2005, 09:14:05 PM »

I can't understand a bloody word you're saying.

Good thing you don't suffer the ravages of intelligence.

MISTER MASSACRE

• Lady Modmalade
  • Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +292/-17
  • inhaling chalk in the old school
    • View Profile
    • twittery
Very cool toy....
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2005, 10:28:07 PM »

Quote from: aussie_bloke

yeah go ahead block  me again.....im just gonna keep cumin bac and u geeks will neva kno how......mayb wen ya turn 2 yearz old u'll kno!  :lol:

We'll know because your spelling and grammar are particularly horrendous. If you attempt to conceal them by posting like a human being, then one of the main problems I have with your shitty posts will be eliminated.

See, either way, we win.

atari

• Annoying Newbie
    • View Profile
Very cool toy....
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2005, 09:52:38 AM »

yeah go ahead block me again.....im just gonna keep cumin bac and u geeks will neva kno how......mayb wen ya turn 2 yearz old u'll kno!

Mate. You are an embarrassment to all Australians, let alone the human race.  Learn how to speak English you over-caffeinated wanker.

- atari
I beat the Internet...the last boss was really hard.