The Geek Forum

• April 29, 2024, 05:12:40 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to the prolific nature of these forums, poster aggression is advised.

Recent Forum Posts

Shout Box

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 129570
  • Total Topics: 7159
  • Online Today: 273
  • Online Ever: 1013
  • (January 12, 2023, 01:18:11 AM)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: THIS *ISN'T, apparently* a few of the reasons, Ves.  (Read 25986 times)

12AX7

Re: THIS is a few of the reasons, Ves.
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2008, 04:05:20 PM »

If you can't take a glance at that and immediately recognize it as a complete fabrication, you are an absolute fucking retard.

Regardless of how you feel about the guy, no American politician would *ever* say something like this, in public, in print, and much less on national TV.

Our Nation's educational system has clearly failed to teach critical thinking skills above a fifth grade level.
I'm sure President Obama's educational policies would remedy this :)

Fuck you and SHHHH!!!  I've got less than a week! I can't be bothered to "check things"...
 HANDFULS OF MUD!!! SOMEONE GET MY SHOVEL!!!!

Joe Sixpack

• Nerd
  • Coolio Points: +176/-19
  • Low brow and brilliant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2008, 04:10:38 PM »

So what's worse?  You don't give it the scrutiny it requires because you're so eager to believe it, or you intentionally pass on misinformation in the hopes that someone else will believe it and pass it on?

Are you evil or just stupid?
"God places cherubim with a flaming sword east of Eden to guard the Tree of Life from the ambitions of man.

Cherubim is plural; Genesis 3:24 specifies one flaming sword. Presumably flaming swords were in short supply."

12AX7

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2008, 04:13:25 PM »

Did you miss the part where I checked Snopes? Or didn't you read the thread?
So which is worse? You don't read the thread and insult me; or you read the thread and totally ignore the part where I said I checked and insult me (for not checking)?

Are you an asshole or just stupid?

Joe Sixpack

• Nerd
  • Low brow and brilliant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2008, 04:18:18 PM »

Did you miss the part where I checked Snopes? Or didn't you read the thread?
So which is worse? You don't read the thread and insult me; or you read the thread and totally ignore the part where I said I checked and insult me (for not checking)?

Are you an asshole or just stupid?

You shouldn't have to check Snopes to realize that, regardless of your political leanings, Obama is a skilled politician.  In addition to that, he's playing it about as safe as anyone has at this point in recent memory.  I'm not saying you should vote for the guy, but at least acknowledge that he's not stupid enough to go on TV, last month, and say something incendiary.  If you're going to spread a bunch of bullshit, be smart and say that he said it back in the 60s or something.

Oh, and I'm an asshole.  But I'm an intellectually honest asshole.
"God places cherubim with a flaming sword east of Eden to guard the Tree of Life from the ambitions of man.

Cherubim is plural; Genesis 3:24 specifies one flaming sword. Presumably flaming swords were in short supply."

MISTER MASSACRE

• Lady Modmalade
  • Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +292/-17
  • inhaling chalk in the old school
    • View Profile
    • twittery
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2008, 04:21:55 PM »

Argh, shut up Joe I'm trying to close the sale on this bridge

12AX7

« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2008, 04:30:24 PM »

Fine. YOU create threads, then. The entire 'live or die' of a political thread is the mudslinging. Believe me; Demo and I had this discussion years ago; nobdoy gives a shit if you post "good" things or things everyone agrees with. The thread dies. So the point then would be?  
 If you had any sense about you , you'd just join the discussion; not come in and start insulting people. You don't think you could shoot the whole story down without attacking me personally? Detta JUST did that. (which, you already knew if you read the thread).
 Or is that just the best you could do?  

12AX7

« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2008, 04:31:29 PM »

Lacerda, we'll have to argue over game mods from now on. Sorry.  :|

Joe Sixpack

• Nerd
  • Low brow and brilliant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2008, 04:44:14 PM »

I'll happily discuss things I disagree with all day, in a fully civilized manner.  I'll even take the Devil's Advocate position just for the mind exercise and the sheer sport of it.  The problem is, those discussions have to have some common foundation.  I prefer logic and reason, but that's me.  If you would have posted that schpeel and said, "Hey guys, what  do you think of this?  Do you think he really said that crap?  Even if he didn't, what do you think about the issues it brings up?", that probably would have led to such a discussion (well, not really, but let's just say).  We'll never know, because that's not what you did.

So I'm sorry if you misunderstood and thought I was slinging mud.  When I said "If... then you are a fucking retard", I wasn't exaggerating or calling names for humorous effect.  I literally meant that you have a medical condition.  Possibly Downs Syndrome, or maybe just massive head trauma.  Sorry about the F-bomb, I didn't mean you were literally having intercourse.

Also, when I asked if you were evil, I actually meant evil, and not just being a jerk, a d-bag, etc...  If you take that as an insult, that's your business.  To me, passing on known lies as if they are truth is evil.  And if you already knew your original post was fakery, that's what you did.  And if you believed it and then posted it because you thought it was truth, then you are stupid.  That's just the word for it and I can't help that.

Hope this clears things up.

12AX7

« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2008, 04:46:43 PM »

Best you could do. I see.

MISTER MASSACRE

• Lady Modmalade
  • Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +292/-17
  • inhaling chalk in the old school
    • View Profile
    • twittery
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2008, 04:47:30 PM »

Lacerda, we'll have to argue over game mods from now on. Sorry.  :|

I heard that if you blow really hard into a PS1 it can play PS2 games and burn DVDs

ARRRR get in there
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 04:51:16 PM by Lacerda »

12AX7

« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2008, 04:50:16 PM »

I head that if you blow really hard into a PS1 it can play PS2 games and burn DVDs

Nope.
http://www.snopes.com/blow/PS1.asp

PS1's suck anyway. They should be blown UP.

ivan

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +499/-50
  • Not a Mod, nor a Rocker. A Mocker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2008, 04:53:15 PM »

This has been around for around a year. Over 14K hits on the exact string "As I've said about the flag pin, I don't want to be perceived as taking".

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=%22As+I%27ve+said+about+the+flag+pin%2C+I+don%27t+want+to+be+perceived+as+taking%22

Here is the John Semmens satire piece that the hoax took its words from: http://azconservative.org/Semmens118.htm
"I TYPE 120 WORDS PER MINUTE, BUT IT'S IN MY OWN LANGUAGE!"  -Detta

xolik: WHERE IS OBAMA'S GIFT CERTIFICATE?
Demosthenes: Is that from the gifters movement?

Detta: Crappy old shorts and a tank top.  This is how I dress for work. Because my job is to get puked on.
Demosthenes: So is mine.  I work in IT.

bananaskittles: The world is 4chan and God is a troll.

12AX7

Re: THIS *ISN'T, apparently* a few of the reasons, Ves.
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2008, 05:12:40 PM »

This has been around for around a year. Over 14K hits on the exact string "As I've said about the flag pin, I don't want to be perceived as taking".

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=%22As+I%27ve+said+about+the+flag+pin%2C+I+don%27t+want+to+be+perceived+as+taking%22

Here is the John Semmens satire piece that the hoax took its words from: http://azconservative.org/Semmens118.htm

Nice finds. I found the same on the Snope's page Detta linked.
Did you look at the page I linked? It was a snope's page as well, with nothing about
the story.
 I doN'T know that he
 a: won't wear the pin (yeh, no big deal, (right), but *context*)
 b: won't face the notes or flag (whichever is appropriate)
 c: won't render the 'common' courtesy of the appropriate gesture (the "hand on the heart thing")
after checking more, different Snope's pages. wt[/i]f, ya know. You type "Obama" in their search
and check the page...
 So I stand corrected on a few things here. Thank you Detta and ivan; for the other links.

**************THIS POST HAS BEEN EDITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*************

« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 05:37:13 PM by 12AX7 »

12AX7

« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2008, 05:39:14 PM »

I heard if you snap off the cover on an Xbox360, there's actually several strips of GOLD inside.

ivan

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2008, 05:42:25 PM »

d: Is/was/might be tomorrow  friends with known (probably dormant) "terrorists" - to be distinguished from "activists".  Terrorists blow peoples' houses up; even with their children inside; while they slept. Sleep.
 e: Is the "rather" for the President of the US for several nefarious entities abroad

I guess we'll have to see how d and e will play out over the apparently inevitably imminent Obama presidency. With luck, something interesting might happen. But probably not. Being elected tends to turn politicians into centrists. Which is boring, but safe for America.

For the record, I think McCain would be even MORE boring as president. At least Obama blows up babies with dynamite. Can't beat that!

Detta: Crappy old shorts and a tank top.  This is how I dress for work. Because my job is to get puked on.

12AX7

« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2008, 05:46:27 PM »

I heard Obama was using acorns to bribe kid's votes for PS3's.

12AX7

« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2008, 08:13:55 PM »

At least Obama blows up babies with dynamite.
YEH? WELL JOHN MCIAN SHOT BABIES FACE-TO-FACE!! HE WAS IN VIETNAM!!
EXPERIENCE FTW!!

Vespertine

• The VSUBjugator
  • Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +371/-38
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2008, 09:25:32 PM »

Okay, 12, I'm very confused.  I came in just now and read all this, and with the various thread edits I have no idea what's happening.  Please fill me in.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass.  And, I'm all out of bubble gum.

12AX7

« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2008, 10:29:06 PM »

I posted the originating post (content hasn't been edited). I went to Snope's to check. My link is posted above, see for yourself, there's nothing on the page about this story.
 Detta subsequently posted her link; showing the whole thing to be untrue.
 Then ivan posted his; which I read even more thoroughly, learning a few MORE things I was wrong on. So thanks (again) to Detta and ivan. Just wish they would get involved in discussions moar. See how people learn?

Anyway, Joe had the same opportunity but blew his credibility (to me) by not even trying to be involved in the actual discussion, and just posting what amounts to a long-winded personal attack. He claims he can discuss anything seriously civilly, etc, yet does NONE of that; not even a link.

The only edit (I think) was my last post, during which I was reading ivan's links and realized I was wrong in what I had up there. I would've just deleted it; but I figured ivan had already read it, so I edited instead.

Clear as slung mud now? :-)

Joe Sixpack

• Nerd
  • Low brow and brilliant
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2008, 08:29:10 AM »

If by that you mean:

12AX7 posts demonstrably false BS for the 2nd time this week.
Joe calls him out as being either stupid or evil (to use my words), depending on whether he knew is was BS and posted it anyway, or was just too dumb to realize it.  I don't consider it a personal attack, but I'm fine if you feel that way.  Don't do stupid or evil things and I won't tell you that you're stupid or evil.

12AX7

« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2008, 11:31:21 AM »

Joe, shut the fuck up. You had your opourtunity to participate in the actual discussion and prove/disprove whatever you felt like. You didn't do that; you chose instead to take the opportunity of me being wrong to flame me, while claiming you actually can discuss something. So far, I haven't seen you 'discuss' ANYthing; except being a total freaked out pussy about a little snake. So -back to my earlier assessment of you/your mentality: Insults/flames are the best you could do. That's fine. I know a lot of parents start to emulate their brats after a while, so you at least have a viable excuse.
 So take you holier-than-thou attitude, whittle it into a dildo shape, and stick it up your shiny metal ass.     

xolik

• King of the Geekery
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +541/-25
  • HAY GUYS
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2008, 11:36:27 AM »

These are the best kind of threads.
Barium: What you do if CPR fails.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
[The Fade^C Compound]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

ivan

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2008, 11:38:17 AM »

You just like it because of the dildo and ass thing.

12AX7

« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2008, 01:20:32 PM »

I heard if you stick a suction-cupped dildo on a PS2 you can make pr0n with it.

ivan

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2008, 01:23:49 PM »

And with 2 you can scale a skyscraper like Spiderman.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5