The Geek Forum

• April 27, 2024, 08:22:58 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to the prolific nature of these forums, poster aggression is advised.

Recent Forum Posts

Shout Box

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 129551
  • Total Topics: 7148
  • Online Today: 156
  • Online Ever: 1013
  • (January 12, 2023, 01:18:11 AM)
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 2010 Concert Thread  (Read 10472 times)

pbsaurus

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +354/-31
  • Everyone Loves The King Of The Sea
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/flipperpete
Re: 2010 Concert Thread
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2010, 06:11:25 PM »

1. 1/7/10 at Cafe Du Nord in San Francisco--Stripmall Architecture performing The Music of This Mortal Coil, Foxtail Somersault who did a mean cover of Cannonball, and Vir
2.  1/9/10 at Bottom of the Hill in San Francisco--Fleshies and Trainwreck Riders I missed the first two bands.
3.  1/16/10 at The San Francisco Museum Of Modern Art--Zoe Keating, Loop!Station, and Matmos
4.  2/3/10 at Bottom of the Hill in San Francisco--The Downer Party, The Hot Toddies, Tempo No Tempo, and Fighting The Villian
5.  2/19/10 at the Retox Lounge in San Francisco--Stripmall Architecture, Bella Lune, and The Razor Skyline
6.  3/3/10 at the Bottom of the Hill San Francisco--Jello Biafra and the Guantanamo School of Medicine, Fracas, and ABU GHRAIB (the band)
7.  3/7/10 at the Catalyst in Santa Cruz--Igor and the Red Elvises and Tornado Rider
8.  3/9/10 at the Bottom of the Hill in San Francisco--Mike Watt and his Missing Men, Lite (from Tokyo Japan), and
9.  3/18/10 at the Bottom of the Hill in San Francisco--Victims Family, The Bar Feeders, and Polar Bears
10.  3/25/10 at the Rickshaw Stop in San Francisco--Garotas Suecas, Lumerians, and Greg Ashley
11.  4/4/10 at the Bottom of the Hill in San Francisco record release show for Triclops! new LP Helpers on the Other Side--Triclops!, Comedian Alex Koll (hilarious), Comedian Brent Weinbach, and I missed the three opening bands do to the show's early start (5pm all ages show but I had familial obligations).  Anyhow having comedians at a concert is a brilliant idea.  Triclops! were fantastic as always and I've been listening to the new album all day.  These guys are kind of in their own genre, think Tool with experimental vocals and noises, with a kick ass rhythm section with some acid jazz thrown in and you might come close.
12.  4/23/10 at Cafe Du Nord in San Francisco, record release show for Stripmall Architecture's new CD Feather Songs for Factory Girls--Stripmall Architecture, Geographer, and Delle Vellum
13.  6/5/10 at The Uptown in Oakland--The Downer Party, The Definite Articles, Sentinel, and some other band that I didn't catch the name.
14.  6/16/10 WomenROCK's 4th Anniversary Celebration @ THE INDEPENDENT--Stripmall Architecture, Bernadette, Ziva, Conspiracy of Venus, Cheese Puffs, Piano Fight, and Scorpio Blues
15.  6/19/10 at Homestead Lanes in Cupertino--The Hot Toddies, The Albert Square, Please Do Not Fight, and The Like Me's
16.  7/18/10 at the Milk Bar in SF--Stripmall Architecture, Silver Swans, and Foreign Cinema
17.  7/19/10 at Moe's Alley in Santa Cruz--Red Elvises just them.  They played two sets about 2.5 hours total.  Their best lineup to date with Milka, Elena, Igor, Oleg and Kyle.  Do yourself a favour and catch them when they come near you.
18.  7/24/10 at Center for Performing Arts in Walnut Creek--The Sippy Cups

19.  7/30/10 at The Blank Club in San Jose--The Hot Toddies and part of The Woodhands set but had to leave to pick up Ian from Kidspark.

Rizzy

• Troll
  • Coolio Points: +82/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2010, 09:16:23 AM »

8/6/10 - Lollapalooza (day 1): Matt & Kim, Hot Chip, Chromeo, The Strokes
8/7/10 - Lolla (day 2): Dan Black, Gogol Bordello, AFI, Cut Copy, Phoenix
8/8/10 - Lolla (day 3): Minus the Bear, X Japan, Mutemath, The Temper Trap.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 08:14:24 AM by Rizzy »

pbsaurus

• Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2010, 05:55:53 PM »

1. 1/7/10 at Cafe Du Nord in San Francisco--Stripmall Architecture performing The Music of This Mortal Coil, Foxtail Somersault who did a mean cover of Cannonball, and Vir
2.  1/9/10 at Bottom of the Hill in San Francisco--Fleshies and Trainwreck Riders I missed the first two bands.
3.  1/16/10 at The San Francisco Museum Of Modern Art--Zoe Keating, Loop!Station, and Matmos
4.  2/3/10 at Bottom of the Hill in San Francisco--The Downer Party, The Hot Toddies, Tempo No Tempo, and Fighting The Villian
5.  2/19/10 at the Retox Lounge in San Francisco--Stripmall Architecture, Bella Lune, and The Razor Skyline
6.  3/3/10 at the Bottom of the Hill San Francisco--Jello Biafra and the Guantanamo School of Medicine, Fracas, and ABU GHRAIB (the band)
7.  3/7/10 at the Catalyst in Santa Cruz--Igor and the Red Elvises and Tornado Rider
8.  3/9/10 at the Bottom of the Hill in San Francisco--Mike Watt and his Missing Men, Lite (from Tokyo Japan), and
9.  3/18/10 at the Bottom of the Hill in San Francisco--Victims Family, The Bar Feeders, and Polar Bears
10.  3/25/10 at the Rickshaw Stop in San Francisco--Garotas Suecas, Lumerians, and Greg Ashley
11.  4/4/10 at the Bottom of the Hill in San Francisco record release show for Triclops! new LP Helpers on the Other Side--Triclops!, Comedian Alex Koll (hilarious), Comedian Brent Weinbach, and I missed the three opening bands do to the show's early start (5pm all ages show but I had familial obligations).  Anyhow having comedians at a concert is a brilliant idea.  Triclops! were fantastic as always and I've been listening to the new album all day.  These guys are kind of in their own genre, think Tool with experimental vocals and noises, with a kick ass rhythm section with some acid jazz thrown in and you might come close.
12.  4/23/10 at Cafe Du Nord in San Francisco, record release show for Stripmall Architecture's new CD Feather Songs for Factory Girls--Stripmall Architecture, Geographer, and Delle Vellum
13.  6/5/10 at The Uptown in Oakland--The Downer Party, The Definite Articles, Sentinel, and some other band that I didn't catch the name.
14.  6/16/10 WomenROCK's 4th Anniversary Celebration @ THE INDEPENDENT--Stripmall Architecture, Bernadette, Ziva, Conspiracy of Venus, Cheese Puffs, Piano Fight, and Scorpio Blues
15.  6/19/10 at Homestead Lanes in Cupertino--The Hot Toddies, The Albert Square, Please Do Not Fight, and The Like Me's
16.  7/18/10 at the Milk Bar in SF--Stripmall Architecture, Silver Swans, and Foreign Cinema
17.  7/19/10 at Moe's Alley in Santa Cruz--Red Elvises just them.  They played two sets about 2.5 hours total.  Their best lineup to date with Milka, Elena, Igor, Oleg and Kyle.  Do yourself a favour and catch them when they come near you.
18.  7/24/10 at Center for Performing Arts in Walnut Creek--The Sippy Cups
19.  7/30/10 at The Blank Club in San Jose--The Hot Toddies and part of The Woodhands set but had to leave to pick up Ian from Kidspark.

20.  8/6/10 at The Uptown in Oakland--Stripmall Architecture, Ted Nesseth, some opening band that I missed, and The Frail which I couldn't stick around for.

12AX7

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2010, 08:54:28 PM »

Fucking  EX-boyfriend went to fucking see Paul fucking McCartney and didn't invite me that FAGGOTTTT

FTFY

Scheherazade

• The Lorax Of Nose Pickers
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +177/-54
  • What is cheese but a corpse of milk?
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2010, 02:07:29 PM »

I'm stoked, going to see Night Ranger tonight.  :w:

pbsaurus

• Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2010, 06:53:38 PM »

19.  7/30/10 at The Blank Club in San Jose--The Hot Toddies and part of The Woodhands set but had to leave to pick up Ian from Kidspark.
20.  8/6/10 at The Uptown in Oakland--Stripmall Architecture, Ted Nesseth, some opening band that I missed, and The Frail which I couldn't stick around for.

21.  8/14/10 at The Great American Music Hall in SF--Jello Biafra and the Guantanamo School of Medicine, La Plebe, and ZolarX

12AX7

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2010, 06:56:20 PM »

Jesus, I envy you and your concert experience, pb.

pbsaurus

• Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2010, 07:31:43 PM »

I had a dryspell for many years where I only saw a few shows a year.  I've been making up for lost time ever since.  If I were single, rich, and unencumbered by responsibility I'd be seeing shows every day and travelling to catch good ones.  I truly am an addict.

Timberwolf

• Jail Bait
  • Coolio Points: +43/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2010, 09:30:06 PM »

I'm excited-scored Mumford & Sons tickets at First Avenue (Minneapolis)

pbsaurus

• Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2010, 04:58:46 PM »

19.  7/30/10 at The Blank Club in San Jose--The Hot Toddies and part of The Woodhands set but had to leave to pick up Ian from Kidspark.
20.  8/6/10 at The Uptown in Oakland--Stripmall Architecture, Ted Nesseth, some opening band that I missed, and The Frail which I couldn't stick around for.
21.  8/14/10 at The Great American Music Hall in SF--Jello Biafra and the Guantanamo School of Medicine, La Plebe, and ZolarX

22.  8/29/10 at 924 Gilman in Berkeley--Fleshies, Bobby Joe Ebola and the Children MacNuggits, Imperial Can, Street Eaters, The Pillowfights,

Rizzy

• Troll
  • Coolio Points: +82/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2010, 09:51:04 PM »

8/6/10 - Lollapalooza (day 1): Matt & Kim, Hot Chip, Chromeo, The Strokes
8/7/10 - Lolla (day 2): Dan Black, Gogol Bordello, AFI, Cut Copy, Phoenix
8/8/10 - Lolla (day 3): Minus the Bear, X Japan, Mutemath, The Temper Trap.

*8/15 - Unplugged in the Park (Piedmont Park) - The Kicks, Civil War and Peace by Dostoyevsky
8/37 - Emory University (Yay for keeping my old I.D. and being able to get in)- Sister Hazel
*8/29 - Unplugged in the Park (Piedmont Park) - Lauren St. James, Life 'n Limb, The Delta Saints, Hightide Blues

*So, this park is 1 mile from my apartment, and has free concerts every Sunday night hosting a lot of smaller bands. It goes until October, and I've gone twice already. Needless to say, I think this will be a weekly thing for a while.

sociald1077

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +129/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2010, 05:43:55 PM »

9/3/2010 - Slayer, Megadeth, Testament at WaMu Theater, Seattle WA. Here's my thoughts http://bit.ly/cBlXln
"Guns don't kill people! PHYSICS kill people!" - Dick Soloman

Demosthenes

• Evil Ex-HN Moderator
  • Administrator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +567/-72
  • Just try me. See what happens.
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2010, 09:00:12 PM »

Excellent writeup!  Wish I could have been there, sounded like an excellent show!

Coolio Points: 89,000,998,776,554,211,222
Detta Puzzle Points: 45

Banning forum idiots since 2001

pbsaurus

• Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2010, 12:52:04 PM »

20.  8/6/10 at The Uptown in Oakland--Stripmall Architecture, Ted Nesseth, some opening band that I missed, and The Frail which I couldn't stick around for.
21.  8/14/10 at The Great American Music Hall in SF--Jello Biafra and the Guantanamo School of Medicine, La Plebe, and ZolarX
22.  8/29/10 at 924 Gilman in Berkeley--Fleshies, Bobby Joe Ebola and the Children MacNuggits, Imperial Can, Street Eaters, The Pillowfights,

23.  9/11/10 Jammin' for Jan Benefit at El Rio in SF--Dolorata (reunited for this gig!), Sistas In The Pit, and The PatsyChords (unfortunately I don't have a url because they only got together to play for this benefit.  Patsy Cline tribute band.  Fantastic and Margaret the singer was fantastic!)

sociald1077

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +129/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2010, 05:05:51 PM »

Excellent writeup!  Wish I could have been there, sounded like an excellent show!

Thanks, I'm trying to figure out how to write better as to start my website off. Its good to hear its not totally fubar'd.
"Guns don't kill people! PHYSICS kill people!" - Dick Soloman

pbsaurus

• Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2010, 05:36:58 PM »

21.  8/14/10 at The Great American Music Hall in SF--Jello Biafra and the Guantanamo School of Medicine, La Plebe, and ZolarX
22.  8/29/10 at 924 Gilman in Berkeley--Fleshies, Bobby Joe Ebola and the Children MacNuggits, Imperial Can, Street Eaters, The Pillowfights,
23.  9/11/10 Jammin' for Jan Benefit at El Rio in SF--Dolorata (reunited for this gig!), Sistas In The Pit, and The PatsyChords (unfortunately I don't have a url because they only got together to play for this benefit.  Patsy Cline tribute band.  Fantastic and Margaret the singer was fantastic!)

24.  9/24/10 at The Uptown in Oakland--Bobby Joe Ebola and the Children MacNuggits (Record release), Fleshies, Mystic Knights of the Cobra, and Sweet Nothing.  The evening was EmCeed by Alex Koll.  One of the greatest shows ever!

pbsaurus

• Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2010, 04:12:58 PM »

22.  8/29/10 at 924 Gilman in Berkeley--Fleshies, Bobby Joe Ebola and the Children MacNuggits, Imperial Can, Street Eaters, The Pillowfights,
23.  9/11/10 Jammin' for Jan Benefit at El Rio in SF--Dolorata (reunited for this gig!), Sistas In The Pit, and The PatsyChords (unfortunately I don't have a url because they only got together to play for this benefit.  Patsy Cline tribute band.  Fantastic and Margaret the singer was fantastic!)
24.  9/24/10 at The Uptown in Oakland--Bobby Joe Ebola and the Children MacNuggits (Record release), Fleshies, Mystic Knights of the Cobra, and Sweet Nothing.  The evening was EmCeed by Alex Koll.  One of the greatest shows ever!

25.  10/3/10 Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival at Speedway Meadow in Golden Gate Park (San Francisco):  Emmylou Harris, Yonder Mountain String Band, Roseanne Cash, Doc Watson, Elvis Costello and the Sugarcanes, Randy Newman, Earl Scruggs

pbsaurus

• Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2010, 01:33:36 PM »

23.  9/11/10 Jammin' for Jan Benefit at El Rio in SF--Dolorata (reunited for this gig!), Sistas In The Pit, and The PatsyChords (unfortunately I don't have a url because they only got together to play for this benefit.  Patsy Cline tribute band.  Fantastic and Margaret the singer was fantastic!)
24.  9/24/10 at The Uptown in Oakland--Bobby Joe Ebola and the Children MacNuggits (Record release), Fleshies, Mystic Knights of the Cobra, and Sweet Nothing.  The evening was EmCeed by Alex Koll.  One of the greatest shows ever!
25.  10/3/10 Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival at Speedway Meadow in Golden Gate Park (San Francisco):  Emmylou Harris, Yonder Mountain String Band, Roseanne Cash, Doc Watson, Elvis Costello and the Sugarcanes, Randy Newman, Earl Scruggs
26.  10/12/10 at Yoshi's in SF--Zoe Keating

pbsaurus

• Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2010, 01:26:19 PM »

24.  9/24/10 at The Uptown in Oakland--Bobby Joe Ebola and the Children MacNuggits (Record release), Fleshies, Mystic Knights of the Cobra, and Sweet Nothing.  The evening was EmCeed by Alex Koll.  One of the greatest shows ever!
25.  10/3/10 Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival at Speedway Meadow in Golden Gate Park (San Francisco):  Emmylou Harris, Yonder Mountain String Band, Roseanne Cash, Doc Watson, Elvis Costello and the Sugarcanes, Randy Newman, Earl Scruggs
26.  10/12/10 at Yoshi's in SF--Zoe Keating

27.  10/21/10 at The Crepe Place in Santa Cruz--Motorcycle Snakebite, Zdrastvootie, The Trees

Novice

• Forum Ninja
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +205/-10
  • Thread Killer 3.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2010, 08:24:18 PM »

Who played Big Red?
Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?

pbsaurus

• Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2010, 12:56:10 PM »

25.  10/3/10 Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival at Speedway Meadow in Golden Gate Park (San Francisco):  Emmylou Harris, Yonder Mountain String Band, Roseanne Cash, Doc Watson, Elvis Costello and the Sugarcanes, Randy Newman, Earl Scruggs
26.  10/12/10 at Yoshi's in SF--Zoe Keating
27.  10/21/10 at The Crepe Place in Santa Cruz--Motorcycle Snakebite, Zdrastvootie, The Trees

28.  11/6/10 at Greek Theater in Berkeley--Massive Attack and Thievery Corporation

pbsaurus

• Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2010, 02:35:35 PM »

Lucky guy!

pbsaurus

• Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2010, 04:10:04 PM »

27.  10/21/10 at The Crepe Place in Santa Cruz--Motorcycle Snakebite, Zdrastvootie, The Trees
28.  11/6/10 at Greek Theater in Berkeley--Massive Attack and Thievery Corporation

29.  12/3/10 at The Future in SF--Bobby Joe Ebola and the Children MacNuggits, Street Eaters, Tartar Control, and The Reaction
30.  12/5/10 at The Uptown in Oakland--Dick Dale and his son Jimmy Dale (acoustic set) and The Bitter Honeys

pbsaurus

• Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2011, 03:43:22 PM »

27.  10/21/10 at The Crepe Place in Santa Cruz--Motorcycle Snakebite, Zdrastvootie, The Trees
28.  11/6/10 at Greek Theater in Berkeley--Massive Attack and Thievery Corporation
29.  12/3/10 at The Future in SF--Bobby Joe Ebola and the Children MacNuggits, Street Eaters, Tartar Control, and The Reaction
30.  12/5/10 at The Uptown in Oakland--Dick Dale and his son Jimmy Dale (acoustic set) and The Bitter Honeys

31.  12/12/10 at Pier 23 in SF--Jinx Jones
32.  12/29/10 at The Elbo Room in SF--Victims Family, Schlong, and The Crosstops
Pages: 1 [2]