Forum > Sticky Stuff (no pun intended)

Geekery Biggest Loser Tracking Thread

(1/61) > >>

Vespertine:
First, can I get a mod to sticky this please?

Second, here are the rules.
1. Post a reply in this thread stating your goal.  This can be a certain amount of weight in a certain amount of time, inches/centimeters lost in a certain amount of time, or some other specific (measureable) goal.
     a. If you want to list your starting weight you're welcome to, but there's no pressure to do that (I'm not).

2. Once per week, edit your starting thread to show progress towards your goal, adding weeks to the list as we go along.  Example:

Lose 100 pounds in three weeks.
Week 1: -15 pounds
Week 2: +5 pounds
Week 3: -40 pounds

3. Those of us participating appreciate encouragement, but ask that you keep the snark (in this thread specifically) to a minimum.

4. The "contest" will end in 12 weeks (8/5/2010).  At that time (or before if you hit your goal before then), updated pictures of the participants should be posted to the picture thread.

Vespertine:
My goal is 15lbs in 8 weeks, OR 2 inches off of each body measurement in 8 weeks.  I'll be happy with either of those.  FYI, I started last week, so I will post my first week's progress tomorrow.

12AX7:
Done.

So, are these to be pics of all your body measurements?  8-)

:-D

xolik:
I'll make a somewhat reasonable goal and go for 15 pounds in the 12 weeks allotted.

I'm 187 right now.  :|

183. /sigh slow going.

Think this is week 3. I'm back up to 185. DAMMIT, I've been eating poorly again and stress is killing my motivation.  :-(

12AX7:
  I can't lose weight; I'm underweight as it is. However; I am in physical therapy for my lower back, hips, pelvis, legs, feet. I was paralyzed for several weeks (from the waist

down), and have had some pretty significant muscle atrophy; especially in the left buttock, leg and foot. The rest of my lowers are all almost back to normal as far as

nerve functioning and muscle use. The left side still isn't quite there; the entire left leg is still weak, and there's still a nerve bundle that is numb and won't

control my leg and foot muscles - a strip from my left buttock just beside the tailbone down the back of my thigh to my knee, then around the side of my calf

and down to my toes.

Currently I am working on getting my sacral "twist' corrected, while re-building my core and hip/pelvic area to maintain proper alignment; as well as general

and specific stretches and exercises to try to 'revive' that nerve bundle and strengthen the musculature in my leg, ankle, and foot. I can walk and move my

left foot in certain directions, but not stand on my toes (like if you needed to look out the front door and it's just a little bit too high...lol, or reach on the top

of the refrigerator).

So I can't join in on the weight or 'body measurement' aspect; but I'm with ya in spirit. This stuff is tuff.  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version