The Geek Forum

• May 16, 2024, 10:50:02 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to the prolific nature of these forums, poster aggression is advised.

Recent Forum Posts

Shout Box

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 129632
  • Total Topics: 7188
  • Online Today: 168
  • Online Ever: 1013
  • (January 12, 2023, 01:18:11 AM)
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Iran  (Read 12177 times)

ewomack

• Annoying Newbie
  • Coolio Points: +0/-1
    • View Profile
    • http://www.getmilked.com
Iran
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2006, 12:29:14 PM »

Yeah... I really miss Khatami at this point. Though his reforms didn't work out, at least he wasn't talking about "wiping Israel off the map". And he doesn't deny the holocaust either (though he does fault Israel for "starting thier own holocaust in Palestine").

And right now the US military is overstretched. They could probably pull off some bombing raids, but an Iraq-style invasion doesn't seem very likely. Invading Iran would be nothing like invading Iraq. Plus, Russia continues to play very cautious. Today they said that UN sanctions should not go into effect until the UN has unquestionable evidence that Iran seeks nuclear weapons. No strong evidence apparently exists right now.

But it remains a scary time. Eeek.
Ed Womack
Get Milked

jeee

• Dork
  • Coolio Points: +189/-4
    • View Profile
Iran
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2006, 03:44:13 PM »

That's why Colin Powell is on reces. He is following a photoshop course so this time his photo's of "WOMD sites" will be more realistic.

dur-ril

• Jail Bait
  • Coolio Points: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Iran
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2006, 05:04:09 PM »

Quote from: ewomack
And right now the US military is overstretched. They could probably pull off some bombing raids, but an Iraq-style invasion doesn't seem very likely. Invading Iran would be nothing like invading Iraq. Plus, Russia continues to play very cautious. Today they said that UN sanctions should not go into effect until the UN has unquestionable evidence that Iran seeks nuclear weapons. No strong evidence apparently exists right now.

But it remains a scary time. Eeek.

I agree is like iran's prime minister (or is it president?, i'm starting to doubt now) said, iran is not iraq

I think that by attacking iran the us would be going too far. Specially since russia and china are not to fond of the idea.
I'm afraid that because bush thinks he won the war in iraq (which he clearly didn't) he may think he can do the same in iran and that's not the way it works.  

Still... i'm not that scared, this country seems to be in a different planet, it's normally not affected by this kind of things, even during the world wars (they didn't use to call us the switzerland of america for nothing). However, i'm not too happy about the idea of someone dropping a nuclear bomb anywhere... that does scare me a little
01101100011000010110110001101100011000010110110001100001001000010010000100100001

xolik

• King of the Geekery
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +541/-25
  • HAY GUYS
    • View Profile
Iran
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2006, 05:23:43 PM »

Quote from: dur-ril

I'm afraid that because bush thinks he won the war in iraq (which he clearly didn't)

He got rid of Saddam, therefore in his mind VICTORY and anybody who thinks otherwise is a damn dirty traitor\terr'ist sympathizer.

:cry:

Iran will take care of itself. We have no business getting involved militarily.

And where the hell is Rico anyways?
Barium: What you do if CPR fails.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
[The Fade^C Compound]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

12AX7

Iran
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2006, 07:02:05 PM »

It's hilarious how it seems the same people that keep saying we "actually" lost in Iraq are the same ones pointing out our continued "occupation". I never heard of the loser in a war being the Occupier. Or the loser helping the victorious set up and provide security for the first real election in decades. Or the loser helping to build up and train the new victorious country's military. I know; I know; I see it alla time online- all that means NOTHING because
 B|_|$h  1$ S700pid OMGLOL!!! And (h3n3`/  i$ teh Suxx0rz!! LOLs!!!!

xolik

• King of the Geekery
  • Hacker
  • HAY GUYS
    • View Profile
Iran
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2006, 07:20:53 PM »

Quote from: 12AX7

blud4oil lolz

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
[The Fade^C Compound]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

12AX7

Iran
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2006, 07:45:15 PM »

:lol:

I actually wish now it was about oil. And I'm guessing you guys out west have it wor$e at the pump than here.

xolik

• King of the Geekery
  • Hacker
  • HAY GUYS
    • View Profile
Iran
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2006, 07:55:08 PM »

It's about $3.15 for the 87 grade by where I live, with it being $3.89 for the 91 stuff by where I work.  :(

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
[The Fade^C Compound]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

12AX7

Iran
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2006, 08:06:26 PM »

:shock:  :shock:
Good grief. It's not three here (yet  :? )
 Well... I'm not sure what it is in downtown ATL. The first time the prices went up, it got to 6 (yup; SIX) dollars and some change. But they do some kind of treatment; it's always been outrageously more expensive than out in the 'burbs.
 I live up in the N. Ga mountains, and it's only $2.80-ish here, tank jeebus.

hackess

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +10/-0
  • DFG
    • View Profile
Iran
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2006, 09:05:33 PM »

Quote from: xolik
And where the hell is Rico anyways?

Last the $chatroom heard (several weeks ago), he was finishing up his service and planning on turning civilian.

pbsaurus

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +354/-31
  • Everyone Loves The King Of The Sea
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/flipperpete
Iran
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2006, 03:52:30 PM »

:lol:

I actually wish now it was about oil. And I'm guessing you guys out west have it wor$e at the pump than here.

It was about oil.  But only in so much as we could appoint the oil minister to keep down production so that the "campaign contributors" could profit.

dur-ril

• Jail Bait
  • Coolio Points: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Iran
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2006, 04:41:51 PM »

It's hilarious how it seems the same people that keep saying we "actually" lost in Iraq are the same ones pointing out our continued "occupation". I never heard of the loser in a war being the Occupier. Or the loser helping the victorious set up and provide security for the first real election in decades. Or the loser helping to build up and train the new victorious country's military. I know; I know; I see it alla time online- all that means NOTHING because

bullenschwein!! (blame melian for that, she's standing behind me)

I never heard of a country who lost a war yet kept loosing troops in the country it was occuping (did i write that the right way?)

Anyway i don't care, we're about to start getting oil from Venezuela, that should lower the prices a little bit

Viva Chavez y la república bolivariana de Venezuela!!!!!
Festejen uruguayos festejen!!! q la victoria es nuestra

I never get sick of that last phrase
01101100011000010110110001101100011000010110110001100001001000010010000100100001

Demosthenes

• Evil Ex-HN Moderator
  • Administrator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +567/-72
  • Just try me. See what happens.
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
Iran
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2006, 05:06:01 PM »

Hehe.  Tell the Soviets that during their time occupying Afghanistan and supporting the gov't they set up there during the 80s.   :wink:

Coolio Points: 89,000,998,776,554,211,222
Detta Puzzle Points: 45

Banning forum idiots since 2001

TeraHammer

• Troll
  • Coolio Points: +49/-3
    • View Profile
Iran
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2006, 05:32:39 PM »

Don't you just love freedom of speech?

Let's bomb Iran Song!
Fanatics are the first to betray their beliefs in order to defend it.

12AX7

Iran
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2006, 10:39:26 PM »

Quote from: Demosthenes

Hehe.  Tell the Soviets that during their time occupying Afghanistan and supporting the gov't they set up there during the 80s.   :wink:

Hey, you're absolutely right. I stand corrected. Except for the elections part.

Demosthenes

• Evil Ex-HN Moderator
  • Administrator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +567/-72
  • Just try me. See what happens.
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
Iran
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2006, 04:28:51 PM »

What about erections?

Coolio Points: 89,000,998,776,554,211,222
Detta Puzzle Points: 45

Banning forum idiots since 2001

TheJudge

• Administrator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +330/-6
    • View Profile
Iran
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2006, 05:00:21 PM »

They're not allowed to have them.

TerrorDronze

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +22/-10
  • I'm not narcissistic, I'm just awesome.
    • View Profile
Iran
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2006, 07:39:18 PM »

that's really gotta suck....  or not...  depending on how you look at it.

either way, it's not a good thing.
Wait, so the might-be-a-bot isn't dead?!

derry

• Jail Bait
  • Coolio Points: +1/-3
    • View Profile
iran
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2006, 02:21:18 PM »

America will not allow an the Iranian Oil Bourse. Originally sceduled to open in late March (remember the sudden urgency w/ Iran building last February). Follow the Bourse opening...and you'll know approximately when the bombs are gonna drop. Iran nuke threat (although somewhat real) is another smoke screen.

Mr_J_

• Annoying Newbie
  • Coolio Points: +2/-7
    • View Profile
Iran
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2006, 12:31:38 PM »

This whole thing about americans trying to rule the world is getting pretty damn old!

They should have understood by now their economy is going to die again, and suck it up.

Iran is trying to make an stock market for oil, which means people around the world can start taking their gold from US hands.

Oil exchange is done in American Dollars so countries need to keep their gold in American hands, which makes those countries poor and strengthens the American economy.

Iran is just another country that decided to start selling oil in another currency other than the US dollar. Iraq tried to do the same so they blew the country up to air.

Iran is the same story! No more. No less!

Nukes, or no nukes the real reason is that.
Iraq had nukes... Right...
Iran has nukes... Right...

They are the big bad wolf! They huff and puff and it's just air.

Even if they do have nukes. They have not atacked the USA yet. So you can't do anything about it.

This is not the time for a crusade, nor is it well seen among other countries.
If American politicians weren't half brain dead they would incentivate the stock exchange and put some way in there so that their money is in there still. Of course that might have to come from Bush... Or someone he hand picked...

He's no diplomat. He ordered more people into death row as a senator than any other state.

If the war doesn't shoot their economy down, the end of it sure will.

ivan

Iran
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2006, 12:37:16 PM »

"Incentivate"?

Mr_J_

• Annoying Newbie
  • Coolio Points: +2/-7
    • View Profile
Iran
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2006, 11:30:30 AM »

Sorry if I commit any mistakes as english is a second language.
Damned humour talk shows making fun of the english language.

ivan

Iran
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2006, 12:03:03 PM »

Why don't you post in your native tongue? You'll make fewer mistakes, and probably type a lot faster, too. Plus, you'll be able to read what you posted!
Pages: 1 [2]