The Geek Forum

• May 14, 2024, 12:52:27 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to the prolific nature of these forums, poster aggression is advised.

Recent Forum Posts

Shout Box

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 129630
  • Total Topics: 7188
  • Online Today: 187
  • Online Ever: 1013
  • (January 12, 2023, 01:18:11 AM)

Author Topic: BayStack 350T Action  (Read 2065 times)

Anonymous

BayStack 350T Action
« on: November 03, 2003, 08:16:19 PM »

I was lucky enough to find this here BayStack350T 10/100 managed switch on ebay for 50 dollars about 4 days ago and I have received it already. Quite a nice unit I'll say. The only downside is that it gets really hot, which isn't a good thing as the room it is located in right now already gets up to about 95 degrees. No more AC during the winter time.  :oops:

It's the bottom one in that stack. Behind those there are a Belking 5 port switch, and a 5 port hub from a long time ago.

Anonymous

BayStack 350T Action
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2003, 10:56:20 AM »

It get's to 95? Ouch... That's not good for the CPUs.

Demosthenes

• Evil Ex-HN Moderator
  • Administrator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +567/-72
  • Just try me. See what happens.
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
BayStack 350T Action
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2003, 01:01:11 PM »

50 bucks?  You got a pretty good deal... those are kind of expensive when you buy them new.

Coolio Points: 89,000,998,776,554,211,222
Detta Puzzle Points: 45

Banning forum idiots since 2001

Anonymous

BayStack 350T Action
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2003, 03:03:07 PM »

I'm hoping to be able to move some of my servers downstairs in the basement where it is usually about 65 degrees, so that should cool my room down a lot.

Believe it or not, I never would have thought that you could get a lot of good stuff from Ebay, but recently I have been finding some pretty good stuff for prtty good prices that actually work. The last thing that I tried to buy from an online retailer was a Nikon digital camera and they never sent it, nor did they charge my card. They just told me it was on back order.

Technically speaking, it should still be in the que and be sent out to me whenever they get it stock. This was in August and it's now November.

Chaulis

• Jail Bait
  • Coolio Points: +10/-1
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chaulis.com
BayStack 350T Action
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2003, 07:28:21 PM »

Has anyone seen the new e-bay commercials that shows before the movies now in theatres? I couldn't help but hum that song while reading this thread.

Anonymous

BayStack 350T Action
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2003, 01:37:03 AM »

An update on my experience with the Baystack 350T:

I went to Radio Shack a few weeks ago to find a female to female serial cable. Went there, the guy handed me a box that said a DB9 Female/Female cable. The box was opened. I didn't think much of it at first. I bought the cable, and then went off to another store in the smame shopping center. While on line, I thought it would be a good idea to open the box and examine what I had purchased. It was a good thing I did. It was a DB9 male to male serial cable. I walked back down to Radio Shack and told the guy what happened. Here's the funny part. He told me, "Oh, don't worry about it, just put it back on the shelf and take another one."

Apparently this sort of thing must happen daily as they just keep telling people to put that one back and take another one. Guess I shouldn't take open merchandise from Radio Shack if I'm in a hurry. :roll:

Once I got the cable all hooked up, it worked like a charm. I just use hyperterminal to connect to it and configure and monitor the switch. I must say, it has quite a nifty interface and has a shit-load of features. The only thing that bugs me is why they sold it for 50 dollars. There must be a reason. It's not even 10 base-t. :?:

TerrorDronze

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +22/-10
  • I'm not narcissistic, I'm just awesome.
    • View Profile
BayStack 350T Action
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2003, 01:41:05 AM »

Once I got the cable all hooked up, it worked like a charm. I just use hyperterminal to connect to it and configure and monitor the switch. I must say, it has quite a nifty interface and has a shit-load of features. The only thing that bugs me is why they sold it for 50 dollars. There must be a reason. It's not even 10 base-t.

i know why.... because the average schmuck would pay it.
Wait, so the might-be-a-bot isn't dead?!