The Geek Forum

• May 10, 2024, 12:51:49 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to the prolific nature of these forums, poster aggression is advised.

Recent Forum Posts

Shout Box

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 129627
  • Total Topics: 7187
  • Online Today: 159
  • Online Ever: 1013
  • (January 12, 2023, 01:18:11 AM)
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: The Bill of Non-Rights  (Read 12824 times)

xolik

• King of the Geekery
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +541/-25
  • HAY GUYS
    • View Profile
The Bill of Non-Rights
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2004, 07:00:49 PM »

The terrible irony of all this is that I'm hard-pressed to find any other issue in human history which has exacted a greater cost in animosity, human life, war, destruction and terror than the issue of faith.  And the vast majority of faiths any more tend to view their god(s) as benevolent.

You're going to accept Christ as the Prince of Peace even if it means my lovingly beating you bloody with my Flail of Divine Caring+2.
 :lol:
Barium: What you do if CPR fails.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
[The Fade^C Compound]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Dark Shade

• Agent Of The System
  • Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +176/-5
  • "It is inevitable."
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
The Bill of Non-Rights
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2004, 11:15:20 PM »

Quote from: xolik
The terrible irony of all this is that I'm hard-pressed to find any other issue in human history which has exacted a greater cost in animosity, human life, war, destruction and terror than the issue of faith.  And the vast majority of faiths any more tend to view their god(s) as benevolent.

You're going to accept Christ as the Prince of Peace even if it means my lovingly beating you bloody with my Flail of Divine Caring+2.

You'll need to put a rubber tip on that, and make sure you're not wearing any pants when commiting said beating. New A&D Core Edition 1.456772838 rules, y'know. I don't make 'em up, just spew 'em up to oogling gamers, lusty for women.

reimero

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +112/-5
    • View Profile
    • http://www.omgjonx.com
The Bill of Non-Rights
« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2004, 08:50:18 AM »

Quote from: xolik

So funny!

And sadly, all too true.  If you all will indulge me, I'd like to make a quote from the Bible:
"if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing." (1 Cor 13)
Kinda flies in the face of the fire and brimstone and the "vengeance is mine, sayeth the Lord" and the "tell me who to smite and they shall be smoten"

It slays me that many of the firebrand Muslim extremist clerics begin everything with "In the name of Allah the merciful" and then proceed to explain, in gory detail, why mercy should not be shown.

*sigh*
"This f*cker is in wisconsin, reimero is from awesomeland." - Bobert

Demosthenes

• Evil Ex-HN Moderator
  • Administrator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +567/-72
  • Just try me. See what happens.
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
The Bill of Non-Rights
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2004, 08:59:59 AM »

Quote from: Law
Quote from: Demosthenes
That IS a double standard... and I'm certainly in agreement with you on that.  The Federal government should not be commandeering private school facilities for public elections.

I don't understand how they are able to get away with that, if that's what's going on.   :?:

Not really a problem. Most municipalities ask for large landholders or building residents to donate space to hold elections in. Most towns and cities don't have the public space to set up enough polling places, so they ask the community for help.

All sorts of organizations volunteer, parochial schools, private arenas, etc. I hardly think anyone would consider voting in the gym of a Catholic school an unlawful establishment clause violation.

</former legislative intern>

The way he posted that it sounded like the Feds were forcing the private school to let them use their gym... that's what I took issue with.

Coolio Points: 89,000,998,776,554,211,222
Detta Puzzle Points: 45

Banning forum idiots since 2001

reimero

• Hacker
    • View Profile
The Bill of Non-Rights
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2004, 09:25:44 AM »

Hey, seperation is seperation.

Binoboy

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +5/-1
    • View Profile
The Bill of Non-Rights
« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2004, 11:07:56 AM »

Yes, latent separation and forced separation are the same, So were the Feds forcing or not?
To die, to sleep; To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub... Ha ha! ...'Rub'!

reimero

• Hacker
    • View Profile
The Bill of Non-Rights
« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2004, 12:40:12 PM »

No clue, to tell you the truth.

Law

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +6/-5
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mideastinfo.com
The Bill of Non-Rights
« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2004, 05:07:10 PM »

If they were forcing it, someone would have sued. Without question, the ACLU alone is always watching things like that.
"I shall send down on you a rain of frogs that are impervious to fire but of little use otherwise." -- catwritr
Pages: 1 2 [3]