The Geek Forum

• May 09, 2024, 03:35:28 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to the prolific nature of these forums, poster aggression is advised.

Recent Forum Posts

Shout Box

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 129619
  • Total Topics: 7184
  • Online Today: 140
  • Online Ever: 1013
  • (January 12, 2023, 01:18:11 AM)
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Artists For Bush  (Read 8430 times)

ArtistsForBush

• Annoying Newbie
  • Coolio Points: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Artists For Bush
« on: October 27, 2004, 06:22:41 AM »

This week, the Danish Republican Party (Republikanerne) starts the organisation ARTISTS FOR BUSH! We're going to serve danish to everyone! Yes, that includes you! You're fat, but we'll force feed you with these delightful danishes until you barf them all!

Between now and Nov. 2, I will be posting this bullcrap on as many sites as I possibly can. Also, thousands of musicians, writers, painters, directors, and actors from all over the world will support the President at:

Spamity spam spam! Begone DEVIL SPAM!

And that's great because everyone know if you have a good band on your side, that's what makes you a good president. It doesn't matter if you're a fucking imoral clueless jackass. Well... that's just the opinion of the mod who edited this post. Well.... and the majority of the world population. But that's irrelevant. Just think of the arts and the starving actresses! Please visit us every day to see the list of new supporters. Then you'll see just how many idiots we have in the music industry.

Best regards,
ARTISTS FOR BUSH

GW approves this message.

Leonidas

• Jail Bait
  • Coolio Points: +25/-6
  • Bad penny
    • View Profile
Artists For Bush
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2004, 07:19:26 AM »

Mmmmm...

Nate

• Troll
  • Coolio Points: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Artists For Bush
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2004, 07:50:26 AM »

Delicious, but this is the first spam that actually interests me!

Law

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +6/-5
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mideastinfo.com
Artists For Bush
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2004, 08:12:45 AM »

How about the Danes worry about Danish politics and we'll handle our own, mkay?

"I shall send down on you a rain of frogs that are impervious to fire but of little use otherwise." -- catwritr

Demosthenes

• Evil Ex-HN Moderator
  • Administrator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +567/-72
  • Just try me. See what happens.
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
Artists For Bush
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2004, 08:58:33 AM »

Coolio Points: 89,000,998,776,554,211,222
Detta Puzzle Points: 45

Banning forum idiots since 2001

avalanche

• Jail Bait
  • Coolio Points: +15/-1
    • View Profile
    • http://www.woodcontour.com/
Artists For Bush
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2004, 09:02:47 AM »

I want this dipshit's loot.  He doesn't deserve even the 5 he got.

xolik

• King of the Geekery
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +541/-25
  • HAY GUYS
    • View Profile
Artists For Bush
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2004, 09:03:35 AM »

We have enough people making crappy websites over the election in this country already. We don't need to be importing shitty websites from overseas, thank you very much.
Barium: What you do if CPR fails.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
[The Fade^C Compound]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Dark Shade

• Agent Of The System
  • Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +176/-5
  • "It is inevitable."
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
Artists For Bush
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2004, 04:33:55 PM »

Go away.

Rico

• Computer Whore
  • Coolio Points: +24/-7
    • View Profile
Artists For Bush
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2004, 05:36:55 AM »

Love that pic, Demo.

Why in the hell would we care what a bunch of high school dropouts have to say?  That's like getting excited because some idiot actor is supporting Kerry.  Does the opinion of some one who double-majored in Film and Theater really matter to me?  Not in the least.

Now, show me some one who has a degree in economics or global politics... now THAT's some one who's opinion I'll listen to.

I'm starting a new group as of now...  ~Engineers for Some One Else!~
Magnus frater spectat te - Big Brother is watching you

Law

• Hacker
    • View Profile
Artists For Bush
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2004, 08:42:57 AM »

I'll listen to people's opinions no matter what they studied in school.

I'm just sayin'.
"I shall send down on you a rain of frogs that are impervious to fire but of little use otherwise." -- catwritr

hackess

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +10/-0
  • DFG
    • View Profile
Artists For Bush
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2004, 08:47:30 AM »

Quote from: Law
I'll listen to people's opinions no matter what they studied in school.

I'm just sayin'.

Yup. My Liberal Arts majors scowl in your general direction.

pbsaurus

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +354/-31
  • Everyone Loves The King Of The Sea
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/flipperpete
Artists For Bush
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2004, 12:51:16 PM »

I'll listen to what any hot chick has to say.

Nate

• Troll
  • Coolio Points: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Artists For Bush
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2004, 01:41:57 PM »

Quote from: pbsaurus
I'll listen to what any hot chick has to say.

Rico

• Computer Whore
    • View Profile
Artists For Bush
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2004, 05:14:39 AM »

Why would you care about some one's opinion if they don't have the education needed to form an intelligent one?

People I know, sure, but not some one I just see on TV.  Most of the time they just chant rhetoric anyway.  They don't offer proof or valid reasoning, just spout crap.

The whole stem cell research question in CA is a prime example.  All these movie stars have rolled out on one side of the fence or another.  Of course, as some of them religious reasons for being against it, I can understand some of it.

Law

• Hacker
    • View Profile
Artists For Bush
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2004, 08:42:22 AM »

So, if I don't have a degree in biology or genetics I have no opinion on stem cell research, but if I twist a few biblical passages to my advantage I do?

You must be very lonely ignoring everyone's opinion on everything that they don't have a degree in.

avalanche

• Jail Bait
  • Coolio Points: +15/-1
    • View Profile
    • http://www.woodcontour.com/
Artists For Bush
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2004, 08:46:38 AM »

Quote from: Law
So, if I don't have a degree in biology or genetics I have no opinion on stem cell research, but if I twist a few biblical passages to my advantage I do?

You must be very lonely ignoring everyone's opinion on everything that they don't have a degree in.
Do you have a degree in ingorancology*?  If not, I don't think he'll pay any attention to you.

*Ignorancology:  The study of deciding who should get ignored and who should not.

hackess

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • DFG
    • View Profile
Artists For Bush
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2004, 09:37:32 AM »

Quote from: Rico
Why would you care about some one's opinion if they don't have the education needed to form an intelligent one?

So I'll just ignore everything you say about religion and politics, then, seeing as how you don't have a degree in either.

xolik

• King of the Geekery
  • Hacker
  • HAY GUYS
    • View Profile
Artists For Bush
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2004, 10:52:12 AM »

I've got a Masters in Divinity. It's right next to my "mail-a-med" Diploma.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
[The Fade^C Compound]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Rico

• Computer Whore
    • View Profile
Artists For Bush
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2004, 07:49:37 AM »

Okay, you obviously missed that little part where I said I listened to the opinion of the people around me.  I surround myself by fairly intelligent people, and though they may not have a degree in something, I typically assume that they have paid some attention to what they're talking about.  I can always ask questions and discuss it deeper with them to find out how they got their information and how accurate it is.

I will NOT pay much attention to some one on TV that is spouting garbage trying to sway the masses of ignorant lemmings in our country.  Too often people voice opinions on TV without any qualification to do so.  Had they proof, alright, but most often they just rely on their fame to be their proof.  I think that's stupid.  If some one has a degree in a subject, then you can speculate that they probably have enough subject matter knowledge to have that opinion and it be based in fact.

I like how everyone pounced on what I said and tried to feed words into my mouth.  Hey, if you really give a flip what Bradd Pitt things about Stem-cell research, then by all means, listen to him.  As for me, I'll listen to the scientists and researchers.  Then, I'll be listening to the people who have a religious prohibition against it.  I can't really argue with religion, or tell some one they're wrong when it's simply a matter of faith.  I CAN listen to them, though, and try to figure out what it is about the matter that bothers them so much.

Maybe this would be a good time to point out that I'm for stem-cell research, but I'm against federal funding of it.  I think it's morally wrong, and that those who feel the same should not have to pay for it.  As there are so many in this country that do feel that way, I believe the government should keep their hands off.  That is purely religious, but I feel that those who do not believe the way I do, should be allowed to practice their trade.  I just don't want them doing it with my money.

hackess

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • DFG
    • View Profile
Artists For Bush
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2004, 10:04:37 AM »

I will NOT pay much attention to some one on TV that is spouting garbage trying to sway the masses of ignorant lemmings in our country.  Too often people voice opinions on TV without any qualification to do so.  Had they proof, alright, but most often they just rely on their fame to be their proof.  I think that's stupid.  If some one has a degree in a subject, then you can speculate that they probably have enough subject matter knowledge to have that opinion and it be based in fact.

You realize that those people are simply voicing their opinion in a public medium, and are no different than if I were to voice my opinion in a public medium? Sure, there's name recognition when Christopher Reeve would speak on stem-cell research. But you're pointing the finger at the wrong people. Blame the misguided lemmings who won't do their own research, not those exercising their First Amendment rights.

I like how everyone pounced on what I said and tried to feed words into my mouth.  Hey, if you really give a flip what Bradd Pitt things about Stem-cell research, then by all means, listen to him.  As for me, I'll listen to the scientists and researchers.  Then, I'll be listening to the people who have a religious prohibition against it.  I can't really argue with religion, or tell some one they're wrong when it's simply a matter of faith.  I CAN listen to them, though, and try to figure out what it is about the matter that bothers them so much.

I don't give a flip about what Brad Pitt thinks about stem-cell research, but I think it's important that celebrities do use their status to encourage people to find out more about issues. I don't recall ever seeing a celebrity say, "You HAVE to think this way because I do, and I'm famous."

Law

• Hacker
    • View Profile
Artists For Bush
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2004, 01:22:59 PM »

Did we really add words to your mouth or did you simply over-generalize?

Rico

• Computer Whore
    • View Profile
Artists For Bush
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2004, 09:50:00 AM »

If you were to voice your opinion in a public medium, you'd be just as goofy as them, Cat.

I'm not saying they don't have a right to an opinion, nor even that they may not be smart enough to know what they're talking about.  I am saying that I don't know them from Adam, and that they can't just sit there and encourage me to support them without telling me why.  In a sense, I really am griping about the idiots that follow what some star sayd like it's the Word.  I'm also just pointing out how stupid it is to pay them any attention, and how it's just as stupid for them to expect us to.

If you guys would like to take them at their word and believe what they say, by all means, go ahead.  I'm just saying that I won't, and that anyone who does is off their rocker.

hackess

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • DFG
    • View Profile
Artists For Bush
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2004, 09:54:17 AM »

If you were to voice your opinion in a public medium, you'd be just as goofy as them, Cat.

Gee, thanks.

If you guys would like to take them at their word and believe what they say, by all means, go ahead.  I'm just saying that I won't, and that anyone who does is off their rocker.

Who said anyone here was taking them at their word? I said I think it's important for celebrity figures to use their exposure to encourage people to find out more about issues. I didn't say people should be sheep and take what these famous people have to say at face value. Ferfucksake, are you even reading what we're posting?

Law

• Hacker
    • View Profile
Artists For Bush
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2004, 11:16:06 AM »

Quote from: catwritr
Ferfucksake, are you even reading what we're posting?

I think it's fairly clear that he hasn't been for quite some time.

xolik

• King of the Geekery
  • Hacker
  • HAY GUYS
    • View Profile
Artists For Bush
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2004, 01:21:33 PM »

Quote from: catwritr
I said I think it's important for celebrity figures to use their exposure to encourage people to find out more about issues. I didn't say people should be sheep and take what these famous people have to say at face value.

The problem is, too many people do just that. Heck, I live with one of them.  :( Everything out of Cher's mouth is political gospel and I can't stand it.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
[The Fade^C Compound]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Pages: [1] 2