The Geek Forum

• March 28, 2024, 07:48:03 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to the prolific nature of these forums, poster aggression is advised.

Recent Forum Posts

Shout Box

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 129468
  • Total Topics: 7101
  • Online Today: 54
  • Online Ever: 1013
  • (January 12, 2023, 01:18:11 AM)

Author Topic: My Computer is at Risk!!  (Read 7612 times)

Anonymous

My Computer is at Risk!!
« on: January 31, 2003, 08:40:23 PM »

The internet is a very dangerous place; viruses, code, trojans, horses, bugs, worms, batts, mice, you name it, it's got it! I didn't have any form of protection on my computer what-so-ever until I got the following email in my inbox just the other day, it sure was a life saver!

YOUR COMPUTER IS AT RISK!!

Get Norton Internet Security Software!
* Plus FREE Shipping & Handling *

Protect Your PC From Virus Attacks!
Stop Viruses & Other Malicious Code!
Get Automatic Anti-Virus & Firewall Updates!
Defend Your Computer Against Hackers!
Simple and Easy to Use!
BONUS: 1 Year Of FREE Updates!
*Supplies are Limited - 2 Per Customer*

Protect Your Computer From Viruses!!
Click Here Now!

I ordered two of them since the more the better, right? I installed it, and right away I was alerted of some random number said to be coming from France that was trying to break into my computer. I got very nervous at first, thinking that Norton was a virus itself, but sure enough it put an end to that guy by sending him a very annoying noise that's sure to annoy the living hell out of anyone.

Norton also comes with an ultra powerful virus scanner that knows the difference between good code, and bad code. I did an ultra quick scan with the ultra powerful virus scanner and you would not believe what it turned up! 8 viruses! 8 of them! Code Red, Nimda, Sub7, Netbus, you name it it was on my computer! I don't know how they got on there in the first place, but thank goodness for Norton to get rid of them!

Please, if you don't know what the hell you're doing on your computer, and you think that you're very important to the rest of the world, protect your precious collection of 10 mp3s and buy two of these dazzling products for you and your kids, they'll love you for it!