The Geek Forum

• May 14, 2024, 02:40:30 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to the prolific nature of these forums, poster aggression is advised.

Recent Forum Posts

Shout Box

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 129631
  • Total Topics: 7188
  • Online Today: 191
  • Online Ever: 1013
  • (January 12, 2023, 01:18:11 AM)

Author Topic: The Military Today  (Read 3821 times)

Apollyon

• Jail Bait
  • Coolio Points: +3/-6
    • View Profile
The Military Today
« on: May 07, 2007, 10:40:22 PM »

1. Do you believe in the war today.
2. Should today's youth go into the military for whatever reason (college money, experience, maturation, training, etc.)
3. What do you think of bush
It's amazing that the amount of news that happens in the world everyday always just exactly fits the newspaper." --Jerry Seinfeld.

Agent_Tachyon

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +195/-45
  • Beyond 1337
    • View Profile
    • Screaming Brain
Re: The Military Today
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 10:52:03 PM »

I almost wrote a response but then I realized you never got around to asking a single question.
Singularity god is EVIL as
Creation reigns as Opposites.
Educators, and You - ought
to be killed for ignoring the
fact that "Earth is Cubed".
(ignored and suppressed by EVIL educators)

Apollyon

• Jail Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 11:01:10 PM »

I almost wrote a response but then I realized you never got around to asking a single question.

um... they are all questions.
basically i just put down some ideas to start a discussion on the military.
after reading xolik's post on ghostly encounters i wondered what ppl thought about the military.
if you want a single question then here it is.
WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THE MILITARY TODAY?
It's amazing that the amount of news that happens in the world everyday always just exactly fits the newspaper." --Jerry Seinfeld.

Agent_Tachyon

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +195/-45
  • Beyond 1337
    • View Profile
    • Screaming Brain
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 11:09:43 PM »

I think that a military or military force generally refers to a permanent, professional force of soldiers or guerrillas trained exclusively for the purpose of warfare.
Singularity god is EVIL as
Creation reigns as Opposites.
Educators, and You - ought
to be killed for ignoring the
fact that "Earth is Cubed".
(ignored and suppressed by EVIL educators)

Apollyon

• Jail Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 11:35:18 PM »

well now that we have that out of the way, what do you think about the war in iraq?
Do you think the soldiers should stay or come home? Im not actually asking for an answer to a specific question, just starting a discussion

sidenote: i ges xolik didnt right that... just found it somewhere. still good though

Vespertine

• The VSUBjugator
  • Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +371/-38
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 12:02:57 AM »

You "ges" that xolik didn't "right" that, but in your first post in this thread, you use the word "maturation".  I'm onto you, and guess what?  WE'RE NOT DOING YOUR FUCKING HOMEWORK FOR YOU!!!!
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass.  And, I'm all out of bubble gum.

Apollyon

• Jail Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2007, 12:25:51 AM »

ok just a couple things wrong with that statement.
1. Sorry I use alternate/shortened words sometimes. I am not the only one.
2. I DONT HAVE A FUCKING HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENT!!!!

Why is it I get my ass chewed off for trying to start up a conversation about something I am interested in. I am going into the air force in a couple months even though i am against the war. I was wondering whether other people would still join if they hate bush/the war. So if you are going to give me shit about something as stupid as this, then fuck you.

p.s. "I'm onto you" is a stupid statement to use when you really don't have a clue.

Evonus

• Whipping Boy
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +158/-296
  • ZE TROLL KING!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2007, 01:17:07 AM »

I almost got Ivan to do my homework for me once.
"Did you name your mole Avogadro?" -PBsaurus

BizB

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +439/-15
  • Keep making circles
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2007, 06:39:56 AM »

Today?  No.  I used to believe in the war, but then a buddy of mine said he was going to fight in Iraq and he left his boots at home and never called for them.  Plus, when he came home, he had a fricken tan!  A tan! A black man shouldn't get a tan when he goes to war and he should need his boots!  His wife said that while he was gone, he was calling home using some calling card that came up as AT&T on the caller ID.  So, all in all, I think it's a big scam to try to get you to buy more gasoline so that big oil can make lots of money.  I think these army guys are just going to Brazil or Jamaica or something like that.  It's just a big vacation.  Have you noticed that they never show footage from the front any more?  Doesn't that seem odd to you?

2. Should today's youth go into the military for whatever reason (college money, experience, maturation, training, etc.)
I think that makes more sense than going into the military for no reason.

I think that a bush is a wonderful means of bordering a property or acting as an erosion barrier.  In fact, I have bushes in front of my house, and along the back of my property.  I prefer the taller bushes to the shorter bushes, but that's because I'm tall and I need places to hide when I play hide and seek with my daughter and her friends.  My girlfriend has burning bush in front of her house, but I've never seen them on fire.
Without me, it's just 'aweso'.

TheJudge

• Administrator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +330/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2007, 07:35:04 AM »

UR GURLFRIAND IS BUSHY??? OMGLOLOLOLOL!!!11

Dude, the topic of the war in Iraq has been covered last year. I was going to point you to the search function, but I think it's actually broken. There are plenty of threads in the political forum regarding bush, politics, and the war. I don't think most people here are interested in repeatingwaht was already said. But perhaps you start by going over some of those threads and then if you feel like you some aspect of the topic needs further discussion, then revive an old thread by bringing to it a new point or perspective.

BizB

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +439/-15
  • Keep making circles
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2007, 07:57:06 AM »

I am going into the air force in a couple months even though i am against the war. I was wondering whether other people would still join if they hate bush/the war.
I was in the USAF back in the 80s.  I can't imagine that it has changed much since then.  If you'd like some feedback on what you can expect, I'd be willing to discuss that with you.

Here's the short version:
The military is the unwilling lead by the incompetent.
Hurry up and wait.
Basic training will end and you won't die while you're at Lackland Air Force Base.
Speeling is less important in the military than it is on the internets - if that's possible.
No matter how stupid, an order must be followed (*see Nuremberg trials for exceptions*)
If you don't need to know, don't expect to be told.
Without me, it's just 'aweso'.

ivan

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +499/-50
  • Not a Mod, nor a Rocker. A Mocker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2007, 11:04:42 AM »

I have nothing to add.

At least nothing that won't garner another cease and desist order.
"I TYPE 120 WORDS PER MINUTE, BUT IT'S IN MY OWN LANGUAGE!"  -Detta

xolik: WHERE IS OBAMA'S GIFT CERTIFICATE?
Demosthenes: Is that from the gifters movement?

Detta: Crappy old shorts and a tank top.  This is how I dress for work. Because my job is to get puked on.
Demosthenes: So is mine.  I work in IT.

bananaskittles: The world is 4chan and God is a troll.

Vespertine

• The VSUBjugator
  • Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2007, 11:29:26 AM »

ok just a couple things wrong with that statement.
1. Sorry I use alternate/shortened words sometimes. I am not the only one.
2. I DONT HAVE A FUCKING HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENT!!!!

Why is it I get my ass chewed off for trying to start up a conversation about something I am interested in. I am going into the air force in a couple months even though i am against the war. I was wondering whether other people would still join if they hate bush/the war. So if you are going to give me shit about something as stupid as this, then fuck you.

p.s. "I'm onto you" is a stupid statement to use when you really don't have a clue.
"right" is not any shorter than "write".  If you can manage to count to five, you'll see that they have the same amount of letters.  I'll give you the benefit of the doubt about this not being a homework assignment this time.  Maybe in the future, you'll realize that, when you represent yourself with "internet speak", you sound like an illiterate fool.  When you then ask a serious question/post a serious comment, no will believe it's "you" doing the asking/commenting.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass.  And, I'm all out of bubble gum.

Vespertine

• The VSUBjugator
  • Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2007, 11:31:23 AM »

I have nothing to add.

At least nothing that won't garner another cease and desist order.

Eh, you're no fun.   :x

ivan

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +499/-50
  • Not a Mod, nor a Rocker. A Mocker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2007, 11:47:46 AM »

Eh, you're no fun.   :x

I have to choose my battles. All of you who got in before me posted everything I was going to post, except for an emphatic statement along the lines of "Apollyon should be banned." However, were I to actually post something like "Oh, great! Another worthless, mediocre barely-literate narcisist with an overinflated sense of his own worth who can't even be bothered to put together a gramatically correct sentence, which is an insult to everyone here except Evonus," I would probably be called on the carpet again, which I would like to avoid because it's a big distraction. So, instead of posting statements that might include, but not be limited to "For Pepe's sake, haven't we had enough of this kind of tripe? Ban him now, before the gangrene spreads!" I will bite my tongue and think happy thoughts.

"I TYPE 120 WORDS PER MINUTE, BUT IT'S IN MY OWN LANGUAGE!"  -Detta

xolik: WHERE IS OBAMA'S GIFT CERTIFICATE?
Demosthenes: Is that from the gifters movement?

Detta: Crappy old shorts and a tank top.  This is how I dress for work. Because my job is to get puked on.
Demosthenes: So is mine.  I work in IT.

bananaskittles: The world is 4chan and God is a troll.

pbsaurus

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +354/-31
  • Everyone Loves The King Of The Sea
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/flipperpete
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2007, 01:45:38 PM »

1.  Which war?
2.  All youth except for my son, or my nieces or nephews should go for whatever reason.
3.  Bush can be attractive if it is trimmed or waxed and not allowed to get out of hand.

12AX7

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2007, 01:46:08 PM »

HAHA! I remembered that url...
We should add this one here. Someday I'll make a .pak with all mine in there and send it to Judge Chris.