The Geek Forum

• May 10, 2024, 05:01:32 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to the prolific nature of these forums, poster aggression is advised.

Recent Forum Posts

Shout Box

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 129623
  • Total Topics: 7186
  • Online Today: 152
  • Online Ever: 1013
  • (January 12, 2023, 01:18:11 AM)
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hillary's NHC Program  (Read 7344 times)

pbsaurus

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +354/-31
  • Everyone Loves The King Of The Sea
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/flipperpete
Re: Hillary's NHC Program
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2007, 03:27:20 PM »

Good point.

Min

• Nice Ex-Hackernetwork Moderator
  • Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +468/-13
  • Slacker Wiseass
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2007, 03:24:01 PM »

Plenty of people with eating disorders have jobs, I should have been more specific.  The ones that are old enough to get a job.  A lot of them are kids, really.  There's a lot of crossover and comparison between addiction and eating disorders, so I figured I'd ask what you thought about the ones in and out of hospitals a lot, or at least for extensive periods of time.

I don't care if people get the care they need...as long as they pay for it.  Someone who has an eating disorder and is old enough to get a job, should get a job to pay for the health insurance.  Someone who is not old enough should have parents who have health insurance.
Flammable : Inflammable :: Duh : No Duh
"I TYPE 120 WORDS PER MINUTE, BUT IT'S IN MY OWN LANGUAGE!"  -ivan
1,180,463,441,680 Coolio Points

pickled kitten

• Computer Whore
  • Coolio Points: +108/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2007, 02:27:34 PM »

I don't care if people get the care they need...as long as they pay for it.  Someone who has an eating disorder and is old enough to get a job, should get a job to pay for the health insurance.  Someone who is not old enough should have parents who have health insurance.
I hate to burst your perfect world bubble on this....but there are a lot of people with jobs that don't have insurance because their companies will not offer it. getting insurance independently is fucking outrageous because you can be denied for pre-existing conditions such as asthma or even for previous health problems that COULD resurface (cancer, ulcers, etc).

So why should I be paying for and old person that IS DIEING instead of helping people that can actually contribute something more than shitting themselves in a retirement home if they were healthy?

Also, what about children without health care? Do you just want to say fuck them because their parents don't have or can't get insurance? or even worse.....they can't afford it? you can't tell a 5 year old "deal with your broken arm because mommy and daddy can't afford you hospital bills".

Edit: And whether or not you realize it....you already DO pay for those uninsured people. Hospitals forecast how many people will not pay them that year because of no insurance. The forecast for most hospitals is 25%. So, that 25% that the hospitals AREN'T getting paid gets pushed on to the insurance companies payouts. Those insurance companies don't just eat that, they up your premiums. So no matter what you're already paying for the uninsured.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 02:37:38 PM by pickled kitten »

/SARCASM <--- Fixed the problem ;)
Pages: 1 [2]