The Geek Forum

• May 09, 2024, 10:43:57 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to the prolific nature of these forums, poster aggression is advised.

Recent Forum Posts

Shout Box

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 129621
  • Total Topics: 7185
  • Online Today: 154
  • Online Ever: 1013
  • (January 12, 2023, 01:18:11 AM)
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: I need World Of Warcraft help!!!!!!  (Read 13966 times)

bigyyboy

• Annoying Newbie
  • Coolio Points: +0/-2
    • View Profile
I need World Of Warcraft help!!!!!!
« on: December 05, 2006, 05:15:57 PM »

Hey, guy's I need to know how i can make my mage really good and hit really hard i have 300gold, so if you could give me spec tips or w/e will help my mage hit really hard and be good. Thank You

ivan

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +499/-50
  • Not a Mod, nor a Rocker. A Mocker.
    • View Profile
Re: I need World Of Warcraft help!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 05:20:40 PM »

Do you have a Vvolmank Preelt? Without that, you're basically no better than a scrolm. It will cost you more than 300 gold, however -- more like 450.
"I TYPE 120 WORDS PER MINUTE, BUT IT'S IN MY OWN LANGUAGE!"  -Detta

xolik: WHERE IS OBAMA'S GIFT CERTIFICATE?
Demosthenes: Is that from the gifters movement?

Detta: Crappy old shorts and a tank top.  This is how I dress for work. Because my job is to get puked on.
Demosthenes: So is mine.  I work in IT.

bananaskittles: The world is 4chan and God is a troll.

bigyyboy

• Annoying Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 05:23:41 PM »

whats that and what does it do

pbsaurus

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +354/-31
  • Everyone Loves The King Of The Sea
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/flipperpete
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2006, 07:56:39 PM »

What are you, a newbie or something?  I thought everyone knew what a Vvolmank Preelt was.

Agent_Tachyon

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +195/-45
  • Beyond 1337
    • View Profile
    • Screaming Brain
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2006, 08:49:16 PM »

In order to pwn (Psyionically Win Non-negatoriously) at WoW or anything else, you'll need to mod your bohks hardcore. Here's  a simple mod that has worked for me in the past.

Open up the box by removing the helical fastening devices (or alternatively cutting the sheet metal away with the tool of your choice). Then, reach inside and feel around til you feel a steel box in the top back corner with a fan inside. This is what we call the 'flux capacitor', and it is the source of all pwnage. Like a car battery, occasionally you have to add to the electrolyte to allow it to keep going at the typical rate. In this case, human urine will suffice, due to it's high acidic content.

If you are male, the work is cut out for you, simply aim in the box's general direction and let fly, the natural aborbancy of the metal will ensure that at least some manages to get into the capacitor.

I hope this has answered your question, in the future please refer all such inquiries to our customer service department.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 01:00:10 AM by Chris »
Singularity god is EVIL as
Creation reigns as Opposites.
Educators, and You - ought
to be killed for ignoring the
fact that "Earth is Cubed".
(ignored and suppressed by EVIL educators)

bigyyboy

• Annoying Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 12:12:45 AM »

how the hell does that help me and i just ants some tips on what i should get and stuff

Agent_Tachyon

• Hacker
  • Beyond 1337
    • View Profile
    • Screaming Brain
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2006, 12:14:26 AM »

how the hell does that help me and i just ants some tips on what i should get and stuff

Don't worry sir, I'm from the internet.

TheJudge

• Administrator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +330/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2006, 08:18:33 AM »

As it ever occured to you that this is not a gaming site and that perhaps most of us know nothing about WoW? Generally, it's appreciated when your first post is an introduction. In real life, would you barge into a house party and demand pointers on shoveling snow because you just bought yourself a nice and shiny shovel? That's sort fo what you did here, hence the reactions you are getting. Perhaps you'd like to start over by heading to the newbie forum to introduce yourself?

BizB

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +439/-15
  • Keep making circles
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2006, 09:09:59 AM »

Or not.
Without me, it's just 'aweso'.

bigyyboy

• Annoying Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2006, 03:07:51 PM »

damn guys i was just asking for help srry

xolik

• King of the Geekery
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +541/-25
  • HAY GUYS
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2006, 05:18:18 PM »

Alright, I'm going to help you out here. And I'm doing this for a few reasons. 1: I don't blame you for not posting this on that cesspool that's known as the blizzard mage forums because all you'd get are a fuckton of "LOL CHUCK NORRIS L2P NUB" bullshit and 2: I'm hopelessly addicted to WoW.

Ok, so you've got a nice mage and you want to the most damage possible in the quickest amount of time. You cetainly got the right class for that.

First, you need the right kind of equipment. You want to get your hands on as much +spell crit and as much +dmg\healing items you can. Note that I specified +dmg\healing. Make sure you're not taking strictly +healing items or the priests are going to never heal you again and you'll be called all kinds of nasty names. If you've got the time and money for it, get yourself a Cap of the Scarlet Savant. It's a quest reward that starts from the gnome dude that pops out of The Beast in UBRS. It's got insane +int +sta and +2% spell crit, but requires a ton of stuff to actually make. If you don't feel like doing that, go run Dire Maul and get the Crown of the Ogre King. Almost as good and a lot cheaper.

Enchant the shit out of everything you own. Got a Staff of Dominance from MC? Have somebody slap a +30 spell damage enchant on it. You should not have a single piece of enchantable equipment go without. Even if it's something stupid like +7 agi to gloves, hell it gives you a slight Armor boost so do it. +7 sta to boots will help as well. There are plenty of sites out there that can reccomend the right kinds of gear to get for max damage. My guy currently has a +17% spell crit chance with +231 to damage. And he's a freaking priest, so you can imaging how much more powerful a mage would be.

As for specs, it depends on what you're going to be doing. Since BC is coming out in another month or so, go a mix of Arcane\Fire to help with grinding your way to 70. Frost is nice if you want to live longer and some guilds won't let you in MC or Naxx if you're not frost specced. Screw them. When BC comes out, nobody is going to be running MC or Naxx anyways. Take talents that increase your mana pool, spell crit chance and reduce casting time. You'll be kicking ass all over the place.

Now, as to being a 'good' mage, that is something you pick up as you play. A good mage waits for the tank to build aggro before going balls out on the mob. A good mage is like a freaking Sparklettes delivery man for the groups healers. Make them water and lots of it. The good stuff too. Give them the 4200 mana water and not that crap 2248 bullshit. If you don't know the Conjure Crystal Water spell yet, get your ass to Dire Maul and learn it.

On the subject of gold, let me say this: Gold doesn't mean shit for actually buying equipment. The best stuff comes from instancing. Don't blow 500g on a Glowing Brightwood Staff or some bullshit like that. You're going to be using your gold for repairs\training\consumables anyways. If you're not already an herbalist\alchemist, be one. Or at least make an alt who is one. Dreamfoil is your moneymaker. You could farm that for a week and make enough gold to retire.

Basically, get all the damage gear you can get, help your other players, don't be a dick and ninja shit and you'll be a fine mage. I'm serious about that ninja thing. If drakk drops Magister's Robe and another mage wins it, don't be all pissy and roll on Devout the next time it drops. Wait for it to drop again. And don't even think about taking Dreadmist set pieces. Those are for locks.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 05:24:28 PM by xolik »
Barium: What you do if CPR fails.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
[The Fade^C Compound]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Chris

• Administrator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +286/-8
  • IT'S A TARP
    • View Profile
    • The Geekery
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2006, 01:16:37 AM »

damn guys i was just asking for help srry

Yea, you should be srry!

DiscipleOfChaos

• Troll
  • Coolio Points: +20/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2006, 09:46:15 AM »

And don't even think about taking Dreadmist set pieces. Those are for locks.

And we -will- eat your face if you take them from us.
HURR!

sqwishy

• Annoying Newbie
  • Coolio Points: +0/-65535
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2006, 10:41:59 AM »

As it ever occured to you that this is not a gaming site and that perhaps most of us know nothing about WoW?
just because you are a screwy geek that's bent on spreading crappy, distracting animations all over forums (siganature), it doesn't mean geeks dont play games. In fact we do. And WoW is a very popular game among gamers and geeks.

Generally, it's appreciated when your first post is an introduction. In real life, would you barge into a house party and demand pointers on shoveling snow because you just bought yourself a nice and shiny shovel?
In real life we wouldn't barge into a house party and announce our name, level of geekyness, and other useless facts about our life to the group, directly preceding our demand of pointers on shoveling snow because we just bought ourselves a nice and shiny shovel...

additionaly, these are forums arn't they? forums are places were people can post questions about stuff if they want right? so its not ecxactly like a house party. Yeahhh, I don't quite agree with you.
I was banned because I'm apparently incapable of interacting with others without being a jerk.

jeee

• Dork
  • Coolio Points: +189/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2006, 10:51:10 AM »

You have a big mouth young man.

Agent_Tachyon

• Hacker
  • Beyond 1337
    • View Profile
    • Screaming Brain
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2006, 12:47:25 PM »

just because you are a screwy geek that's bent on spreading crappy, distracting animations all over forums (siganature), it doesn't mean geeks dont play games. In fact we do. And WoW is a very popular game among gamers and geeks.

See now you've progressed to openly insulting people you didn't know three posts ago! Congratulations. For some reason, the "siganatures" have never bothered me.

sqwishy

• Annoying Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2006, 01:06:59 PM »

You have a big mouth young man.
and are you saying that because i said alot or because I don't agree with the way these forums are run.

For some reason, the "siganatures" have never bothered me.
that isn't normal, if I run a poll on non-bias forums  most likely a majority of people will say that large animating signatures are a distraction
I was banned because I'm apparently incapable of interacting with others without being a jerk.

Chris

• Administrator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +286/-8
  • IT'S A TARP
    • View Profile
    • The Geekery
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2006, 01:11:29 PM »

There is a built in function to disable signatures from being displayed while you are logged in. I have had that enabled on my account for a while now.

Demosthenes

• Evil Ex-HN Moderator
  • Administrator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +567/-72
  • Just try me. See what happens.
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2006, 01:27:22 PM »

Well someone is clearly lacking in the social skills department.

sqwishy, first time on the internet?  You're off to a great start.

Coolio Points: 89,000,998,776,554,211,222
Detta Puzzle Points: 45

Banning forum idiots since 2001

hackess

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +10/-0
  • DFG
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2006, 01:42:04 PM »

that isn't normal, if I run a poll on non-bias forums  most likely a majority of people will say that large animating signatures are a distraction

Would anyone like help translating this awkward, run-on sentence? I just got a new copy of "The Unabridged DictHURRRRRRnary."

Distraction from what? The Internet?

Demosthenes

• Evil Ex-HN Moderator
  • Administrator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +567/-72
  • Just try me. See what happens.
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2006, 01:49:11 PM »

Distraction from what? The Internet?

A distraction from all that h4x0r1ng he's obviously doing.

Coolio Points: 89,000,998,776,554,211,222
Detta Puzzle Points: 45

Banning forum idiots since 2001

hackess

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +10/-0
  • DFG
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2006, 01:54:20 PM »

Ah yes. Did you notice how his request for good intellectual debate is marred by the fact that he can't spell for shit and apparently disavows punctuation?

Agent_Tachyon

• Hacker
  • Beyond 1337
    • View Profile
    • Screaming Brain
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2006, 02:09:20 PM »

and are you saying that because i said alot or because I don't agree with the way these forums are run.

Why don't you just run on home to that mystical 'non-bias' forum you're on about where there are no scary animations to distract you from important things like posting ridiculous and may I add largely incoherent, attempts at insult?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 02:45:45 PM by Agent_Tachyon »

sqwishy

• Annoying Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2006, 02:55:54 PM »

right so this is just a spam forum where when someone asks for help you guys don't care and you flame them! weird...
this forum would be a good example of a social experiment to see how anoying people could be!

Agent_Tachyon

• Hacker
  • Beyond 1337
    • View Profile
    • Screaming Brain
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2006, 03:00:09 PM »

right so this is just a spam forum where when someone asks for help you guys don't care and you flame them! weird...
this forum would be a good example of a social experiment to see how anoying people could be!

That's right, we were all just waiting around here for you so we could flame you. You've done it sqwishy, you've unmasked the conspiracy that has been hidden for thousands of years. Go, brave sir, go out into the world and tell all you meet of the horrors you've seen!
Pages: [1] 2 3