The Geek Forum

• May 14, 2024, 07:49:40 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to the prolific nature of these forums, poster aggression is advised.

Recent Forum Posts

Shout Box

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 129631
  • Total Topics: 7188
  • Online Today: 191
  • Online Ever: 1013
  • (January 12, 2023, 01:18:11 AM)

Author Topic: Geek pride  (Read 4109 times)

Anonymous

Geek pride
« on: August 07, 2003, 12:40:36 PM »

I was reading this thread about what it takes to be a geek and it gave me an idea. You see, I noticed that the most important element of being a geek hadn't been mentioned. There is one common thing amonsgt geeks that define us: Dedication.

Being a geek is more than wearing glasses and being a social hermit. It's a lifestyle. And it's sometimes a difficult one. Yet, by being dedicated, all geeks manage to live their lives in the geekiest ways that define them, no matter what that is. We geeks are like a minority, being judged and pressured by society for our strange behaviours, habits and looks. For this reason, I urge you all to gather fellow geeks in your area and start a geek pride parade. Heck, the gays do it so why can't we? So put them glasses on, wear Linux t-shirt, and proudly let that belly stick out!!! Oh, and wear pants too!

Go out on the streets and scream to the people "I R teh l337 g33K!! A|| J00r b0xez R  b3l0ng 2 m3!!!OMFGLOL!!11" And make up some sort of a rally cry like "HUUUUUUUURRRRRRRR!!" Let the world hear your voices and leave them puzzled and confused as they try to figure out what the hell you're talking about! Be proud of your geek heritage! Fight the geek oppression! And tell the world the truth! Tell them what a bunch of morans they are for being self entered bastards who dare to set social standards that exclude you and me. Refuse to be an outsider. There is a geek inside all of us. We just have to give him some room. And a computer can't hurt!

So go out there my fellow geeks! Go and show the world how dedicated we are to our lifestyle. They can take away our DSL, but they can't take away our FREEEEEDDOOOOOOOMMMM!!!!!

Actually... it should be the other way around. OMFGLOL!!11

Dark Shade

• Agent Of The System
  • Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +176/-5
  • "It is inevitable."
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
Geek pride
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2003, 03:16:59 PM »

Chris is teh 1337 h4x0r!

Plan a rally, Chris. I'll fly down from Canada and personally lead the mobsters myself. Gotta snag up some more people though...

Go Geek Pride! Woo!  :P

Frozen Shade

• Troll
  • Coolio Points: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Geek pride
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2003, 11:03:24 PM »

Quote from: Dark Shade
Chris is teh 1337 h4x0r!

Plan a rally, Chris. I'll fly down from Canada and personally lead the mobsters myself. Gotta snag up some more people though...

I VOLUNTEER TO JOIN YOU!  :P
"Not you, you freeze-dried wraith - the OP" - Lacerda

Anonymous

Geek pride
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2003, 11:39:37 PM »

Chris is teh 1337 h4x0r!

Read the main page. I didn't write this.

Dark Shade

• Agent Of The System
  • Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • "It is inevitable."
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
Geek pride
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2003, 11:52:12 PM »

Quote from: Chris
Chris is teh 1337 h4x0r!

Read the main page. I didn't write this.

I can't believe I'm really that clueless...

I guess wisdom is the next thing to go...

In fact, rare is the occasion I even scroll past the main page, the forum's really the only thing that interests me...for the moment, anyways.

Binoboy

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +5/-1
    • View Profile
Geek pride
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2003, 10:03:18 AM »

Really DarkShade, we all know TheJudge says "OMFGLOL!11" an inordinate number of times more than anyone else on this board!
To die, to sleep; To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub... Ha ha! ...'Rub'!

Dark Shade

• Agent Of The System
  • Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • "It is inevitable."
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
Geek pride
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2003, 02:50:48 PM »

Quote from: Binoboy
Really DarkShade, we all know TheJudge says "OMFGLOL!11" an inordinate number of times more than anyone else on this board!

*sigh* I guess you're right...

Anonymous

Geek pride
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2003, 07:20:39 AM »

OMFGLOL!!11 J00r teh suxx0rz!!11