The Geek Forum

• May 09, 2024, 09:59:48 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to the prolific nature of these forums, poster aggression is advised.

Recent Forum Posts

Shout Box

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 129618
  • Total Topics: 7184
  • Online Today: 140
  • Online Ever: 1013
  • (January 12, 2023, 01:18:11 AM)

Author Topic: Trying to Find a Way Out of these United States...  (Read 4910 times)

Anonymous

Trying to Find a Way Out of these United States...
« on: February 04, 2004, 10:37:54 PM »

Jarred Currence http://www.gotthegeek.com/newspro/static/view.php?file=submit.txt">writes to us with the following article.

"Before you read this article, I feel that it’s important you understand that my personal moral and political standings will have no affect on what I’m about to say.

Okay, that having been said, let’s move on... Nowadays you hear two arguments from opposite sides of the political table. Democrats and liberals are saying that by tightening grip on people and morals, the Conservatives will end up destroying the nation. On the other hand, the Republicans and other conservatives (myself included) argue that by destroying morals and thus the home environment, the Democrats will destroy the nation. What people need to wake up and see is that either way, this country’s going down.

As anyone can see, we are a nation that has its heart set somewhere other than the betterment of mankind. Before 911, Americans everywhere were complaining about their lives and appreciated almost nothing. After the attack, however, there were “God Bless America” signs everywhere! How many of the millions who clung dear to that phrase and bought tons of the merchandise even attend church services?! Now, we’re back to the same way we were, only a bit more paranoid. Being in this state of mind brings about the question: How can this country last?

Well, it’s not going to. America is going to be torn apart from the inside out sooner or later. Real problems like violence, drugs, and indifference are being looked over because of the nation’s deficit, a debt so large that it can literally never be paid off without legalizing marijuana. I hope that anyone who reads this sees the sense in my position: waiting around to see the fall, and hopefully to be there to pick up the pieces.

Let’s face it, folks: this once-great country of ours is doomed to go down in flames. Who will take over? Who knows? Maybe while we’re fighting amongst ourselves, China will just put us out of our misery. I only pray that as few lives as possible are lost. I’ve seen enough pain caused because of dumb reasons."
On a side note, you can be just like Jarred Currence and submit an article to us for review using http://www.gotthegeek.com/newspro/static/view.php?file=submit.txt">this form.

Demosthenes

• Evil Ex-HN Moderator
  • Administrator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +567/-72
  • Just try me. See what happens.
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2004, 09:29:30 AM »

Hm.  No GIS results for "Jarred Currence".

HOWEVER, I got some intriguing hits when I searched for the individual terms, separately...

GIS result for "Jarred", and GIS result for "Currence":

I don't get it.

Coolio Points: 89,000,998,776,554,211,222
Detta Puzzle Points: 45

Banning forum idiots since 2001

ivan

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2004, 11:21:21 AM »

I think, Chris, you miss the whole point of this country. At its foundations are not moral pillars -- morality is a side issue. While I contend that the post-911 flag waving frenzy was a moral debacle, it was, more importantly, very, very good for whoever held the flag franchise. If the country is headed for some kind of Ashcroftian neo-1984ish hell, our duties as red-blooded patriotic Americans is not to resist the trend, but to figure out how to make money off it.

hackess

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +10/-0
  • DFG
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2004, 11:27:52 AM »

Quote from: ivan
I think, Chris, you miss the whole point of this country.

Chris didn't write it.

ivan

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2004, 02:32:23 PM »

Oh.

Well, that's all right. I probably didn't write what I posted, either.

MISTER MASSACRE

• Lady Modmalade
  • Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +292/-17
  • inhaling chalk in the old school
    • View Profile
    • twittery
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2004, 08:29:51 PM »

I was going to say that I wrote your post, but then I realized my keyboard isn't plugged in. Damnedest thing, really.