The Geek Forum

• May 09, 2024, 02:41:12 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to the prolific nature of these forums, poster aggression is advised.

Recent Forum Posts

Shout Box

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 129618
  • Total Topics: 7184
  • Online Today: 140
  • Online Ever: 1013
  • (January 12, 2023, 01:18:11 AM)

Author Topic: Let's get Personal - The moderator Edition IV  (Read 3441 times)

Chris

• Administrator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +286/-8
  • IT'S A TARP
    • View Profile
    • The Geekery
Let's get Personal - The moderator Edition IV
« on: May 26, 2005, 08:17:13 AM »

http://www.gotthegeek.com/images/judgeavatar.jpg"> Submitted byTheJudge

How about I get right to the point and answer these questions myself? Detta's answers are coming soon. Keep an eye out for them!

1. Now Judgie, you recently got married. Would you tell us about the wedding?
- No! Well then... that was easy! OK I'll talk, I'll talk. My wife and I have been together for 10 years, living together for 9. We've been putting off the wedding for years because in our minds, we were married and we had better things to do with ours money. But after a while, I was getting tired of introducing her as my "girlfriend" so one day I brought her to a jewelry store and told her to pick out a ring. I told her we had been putting this off for too long, and we'd never have the $$ to pay the fricken wedding without using credit cards or making a loan. Now that we had both purchased out rings, there was no more excuse. The show had to go on. So really, one of the motives to get married was entirely social prestige, if you want to call it that. Long story short, we were suppose to get married down south to avoid having a huge wedding and dealing with the demands of some family member, we ended up getting married home. We had 9 guests. Got married at 11:00 am on a warm and sunny Saturday. In fact, it's been over a month and we did not get a single day that was that nice since. Act of God? Well... I wonder. You see, the day before the wedding, my mother in law told me about a catholic tradition I had never heard off. She said we had to put a rosary on a cloth line the night before and this would bring good weather. I don't have a cloth line so I suggested putting it in the electric dryer instead. She didn't find that funny. She just pushed me out of the way and put a rosary on my deck instead. So was that the secret to our wonderful weather? Bah... who cares! We had a blast and that’s what matters! We took off for Jamaica two days later and that was fucking awesome too! We took like 300 pictures over there. That's about it. Then we had to come back and start making Visa payments.

2. You've been in a relationship with your wife for quite some time. Does it feel any different now that you're officially married?
Other than the fact that she keeps referring to my ring as "the leash", not really. I'm still looking for the fiscal benefits! WHERE ARE THEY??? So no, nothing really changed. But at least now I can say "My wife won't let me" instead of "My girlfriend won't let me". Yeah... I'm soooo pussy wiped.

3. How many hours a week do you spend in front of a monitor? Doing what?
- Probably 50  hours or so. Most of the time, it's a work. Doing working, goofing off on-line, or writing articles like this one. At home, I usually use my PC to play games. But since my PC is not entirely up to date, I tend not to play the newly released games. I'm currently playing GTA Vice City, Need for Speed underground and Thief III.

4. What is the most important quality a friend of yours MUST have?
- Like Lacerda, a sense of humor is very important. I'm not fussy really. If you're not a jackass and we share similar interest, we can be friends.

5. What is the one thing that really ticks you off? The one thing that will take you from a "look! Butterflies!" state to a "I WANNA MAKE SOME HEADS ROLL!" state.
-I am definitely a potential road rage case. When I'm behind the wheel, watch out. I've given the finger to grandmas on more than one occasion. For some unexplainable reason, I just have a problem with people who can't drive, or who drive below the speed limit. But the worse is when I'm traveling on a highway (not a double lane, one with traffic going both ways) and there's a slow mutherfucker in front with his Winnebago and the fucker behind him won't pass, neither will the fucker behind the other fucker. So no one can pass because of these idiots who compound the problem. I've passed 10 cars in a row before with my horn blowing all the way and my finger sticking out from the sunroof before, but it's a risky maneuver. I don't recommend it to everyone.

6. If you could save a strangers life by donating one of your organs, but this would in turn reduce your quality of life, what are some factors that would influence your decision.
-I would love to save a life. When I was young, I've saved another kid from a very problematic situation once and it was very rewarding. It wasn't life threatening, but no good could have come out of it. See, we lived near a river and we decided to set traps in the spring when the ice was getting thin. We would cut out holes and cover them with a couple of branches and then cover the whole thing with fresh snow. Why were we doing this? Well I'm not sure. I can't give you a logical answer anyway. So my friend decides it would be a good idea to test our traps so he stands on one... nothing. he stomps... nothing. He starts jumping over it and cursing at it. Our traps didn't work! Then all of a sudden, he goes trough. It wasn't deep or anything, but his leg got stuck in icy water. It took me a good 10 minutes to get him out. Sure, it doesn't compare to saving a life, but when I was a kid, in my mind I had saved his life (because I didn't know any better then). The feeling that came with this accomplishment was like no other. Now, things that I would consider is who the person is, their background and stuff. I won't help a person who doesn't contribute to society in a positive way unless it's a close friend or relative. How will the quality of my live be affected? What are the risks and success rates? If the person's body rejects my organ, can I have it back? These are questions I would ask.

7. Do you give blood?
-No. Do you really want me to start spreading Judgy blood around? I don't think so! I don't give blood because I don't like to pass out. There. That's the only reason.

8. What is your most cherished childhood memory?
-I have so many! My childhood was awesome! We did crazy things back then. Where the heck were our parents? There's just to many to pick one. Going skiing with my brothers, building tree houses in the forest, tweaking our bikes and conducting skill tests for those who wanted to join our BMX gang, playing war and chucking hard acorns at people, pretending they were grenades. The list goes one. The thing I like most about my childhood is the ability we all had to make anything we believed come true in our imaginations. An ability that often fades over time.

9. What is the one thing you wish to accomplish before you die? What do you want others to remember the most about you?
- I don't know. I have career objectives like most people. I'll want kids as long as they don't turn out to be like me. I want to write a book as well. The only thing I really want to be remembered for is the joy I brought in peoples life. It's that is all I can accomplish in a lifetime, then I have achieved my purpose.

10. Who do you most admire and why? (I know! It's your dad!)
- I don't admire anyone specific. I tend to admire strengths and qualities that people have and I lack. I admire people who take risks. People who risk loosing something important to gain something greater. And I admire it most when they fail, but stand back up on their two feet and try harder.

11. top 3 movies?
- Terminator 2 was certainly my all time favourite. It's the only movie that I've gone to see at the theater 7 times. Other movies I rate in the top was Willow and Dune, but I'm not sure if they are y ultimate favorites. Too many choices!
12. top 3 songs?
- Like I was telling Catwritr, I don't listen to music that much. This seems strange because I am a musician and I love to play and compose music. What ever tune is on is fine by me. If I don't like it, I'll change to another station. I can count on my fingers the number of albums I've actually purchased in my life time. Let me think... There was a Queen album, AC/DC, 2 unlimited, Metallica, Pink Floyd, Soundtrack to Matrix 2, Soundtrack to Shall we dance, sound track to Chicago, and perhaps a Paul Anka album. That's all I can think off. Pretty sad selection isn't it?

13. Best food EVAR!!!?
- Contrary to popular belief, it is not poutine. A good poutine certainly ranks up there, but I prefer a more complete dish which would involve marinated chicken, veggies and salad. I like to try different kinds of food and appreciate varieties in cultures. I'm a sucker for Samosas. I've driven two hours one way just to buy them  on a few occasions. When I was in university, one of my professors was Indian. I've managed to convince him that he should convince his wife to make me some authentic samosas. Best ones I ever had and I crave them ever since.

14. Describe a typical Judge week.
-Monday to Friday at work from 8:30 to 5:00 or later. On the way home, I usually decide I don't feel like cooking so I'll have supper in a restaurant or take out 75% of the time. I'll get home and crash on the couch and flip channels. Maybe I'll get on the PC and play a game for an hour. Wednesday night is the sacred D&D night. We alternate between campaigns from week to week. We normally have 3 or 4 actives ones. One of them has been running for just over 4 years now. On weekends, I find that I can't sleep in like I used to so I normally get up early and play games for a few hours. Then I do what has to be done around the house. Sometimes. Weekend nights are usually for social activities which could range from going to see a movie or a play to having some friends over and having a few drinks.

15. Last one! If you had the power to change one event in your own life, for better or for worse, what would you change. And no "I wouldn't change a thing answers!". If you had to change something, what would it be?
-Like everyone else, there are actions I regret. On they other hand, those are the things you learn from. I think one item I would change is paying more attention in French class. You think my English sucks? I am so much more comfortable writing in English than in French. I send my e-mails at work in English, even when they are addressed to French people. It's very difficult to maintain a descent French when you live and work in a society that operates in English 90% of the time. I'm slowly loosing some of my French language. I would like to change that.

Well, that's me. Next time, we'll get Detta to provide some answers. She's still working on them. I think the thing she would want to change is receiving a private message from me with this list of questions!

pbsaurus

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +354/-31
  • Everyone Loves The King Of The Sea
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/flipperpete
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2005, 03:00:59 PM »

Samosas fucking rule!  I get great ones at the various local Farmer's Markets.

BizB

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +439/-15
  • Keep making circles
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2005, 03:25:31 PM »

WFT is with the HTML?
Without me, it's just 'aweso'.

Min

• Nice Ex-Hackernetwork Moderator
  • Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +468/-13
  • Slacker Wiseass
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2005, 03:29:08 PM »

It's not converting for some reason.
Flammable : Inflammable :: Duh : No Duh
"I TYPE 120 WORDS PER MINUTE, BUT IT'S IN MY OWN LANGUAGE!"  -ivan
1,180,463,441,680 Coolio Points

hackess

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +10/-0
  • DFG
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2005, 03:37:48 PM »

How odd. I don't see HTML unless I go to edit the original post. It's all nicely formatted text for me.

Min

• Nice Ex-Hackernetwork Moderator
  • Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +468/-13
  • Slacker Wiseass
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2005, 03:42:22 PM »

Really?  This is what I was trying to get at the other day.  I thought you meant that you went back in to edit yours so that it showed up nicely, that's why I see yours nicely and everyone else's is code.

Yeah, weird indeed.  I think when he puts mine up, I'm gonna edit it at bbcode.
Flammable : Inflammable :: Duh : No Duh
"I TYPE 120 WORDS PER MINUTE, BUT IT'S IN MY OWN LANGUAGE!"  -ivan
1,180,463,441,680 Coolio Points