The Geek Forum

• May 10, 2024, 01:41:26 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to the prolific nature of these forums, poster aggression is advised.

Recent Forum Posts

Shout Box

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 129627
  • Total Topics: 7187
  • Online Today: 159
  • Online Ever: 1013
  • (January 12, 2023, 01:18:11 AM)

Poll

Do you believe we're moving towards gender equality?

Yes.
- 1 (6.7%)
We're moving towards it, but slowly.
- 1 (6.7%)
There's no such thing as gender equality.
- 4 (26.7%)
Nowadays is ridiculous to think that women have anything else to complain about.
- 2 (13.3%)
No, not at all.
- 0 (0%)
It Depends
- 2 (13.3%)
Steak and A Blow Job (and to finally clarify; a "blow job" for the intents and purposes of this running joke is simply "oral"; not necessarily only on the male. This addendum is provided for members who did not have the benefit of peru
- 2 (13.3%)
Tgirls 4 evah
- 0 (0%)
Perusing?
- 0 (0%)
GO PERU!!
- 0 (0%)
for Brazillian hotties, click here
- 3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: June 08, 2010, 07:56:51 PM

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Gender equality  (Read 5842 times)

12AX7

Re: Gender equality
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2009, 08:58:02 PM »

Ubergeek

• Annoying Newbie
  • Coolio Points: +1/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2009, 03:08:09 PM »

No, it actually has to do with thousands of years of sexism in the workplace. That sort of thing takes a while to recover from. I understand your impatience with complaining women, but sexist and racist attitudes were seriously pervasive in this country up until, say, the early 80s. I know that's before you were born, but history is history.

Hmmm... Couldn't be because these are lower-paying jobs, could it? No, of course not -- women are just naturally suited to these nurturing roles. And, of course, when you look at the world of higher education, which is staffed predominantly by men, it must be because men are naturally smarter, right?

This. ^   :-D

stegosaurusxrex

• Annoying Newbie
  • Coolio Points: +0/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2009, 09:47:46 PM »

My issue with gender equality is that women wanted equality, so men began to give them the shove towards it. This, however, created the new problem that made women think that they could still act like delicate flowers and make as much money as men, at least, in the workforce. For example, I work for Kraft and I get stuck doing the majority of the laborious jobs around the factory because the girls claim they're women, therefore, they shouldn't have to do it. So, by this logic, because I have a penis, I should be keeping a conveyor belt filled with product weighing twelve pounds per package for eight hours while they put less than a pound of empty boxes into the same machine, and we should both be paid the same amount for it. It's crap. I don't think we've moved towards gender equality. I think they've taken the upper-hand.

reimero

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +112/-5
    • View Profile
    • http://www.omgjonx.com
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2009, 09:50:33 AM »

We're moving toward, but won't actually get there until gender reassignment surgery can replicate both form AND function.
"This f*cker is in wisconsin, reimero is from awesomeland." - Bobert

Clear_Runway

• Wannabe Professional Blogger
  • Coolio Points: +85/-219
  • Apparently sucks at IRC
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2009, 02:57:28 PM »

there seems to be no such thing as equality these days. groups that were once oppressed are now at the top of the food chain (better scholarships, the ability to pull the sex card, sexual harassment lawsuits, etc)  so that nowadays being a male is actually a disadvantage.

sexism is practically nonexistent in America these days, yet people still complain about it routinely. and the party that claims to having been discriminated against prettymuch always wins in court, because no judge or jury will be associated with an alleged sexist. women need to recognize that, yes, there are physical and mental differences  - both positive and negative - between them and men. thats just how it is, and if anyone says otherwise I will be happy to call them a liar.

as long as people can acknowledge these slight differences without actually discriminating (pie in the sky, I know) then there will be equality. otherwise one side will always be dominant.
"Scatman, fat man, black and white an brown man, tell me 'bout the color of your soul"
- RIP Scatman John

http://themanicnerd.blogspot.com/
Pages: 1 [2]