The Geek Forum

• March 28, 2024, 04:48:23 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to the prolific nature of these forums, poster aggression is advised.

Recent Forum Posts

Shout Box

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 129470
  • Total Topics: 7101
  • Online Today: 54
  • Online Ever: 1013
  • (January 12, 2023, 01:18:11 AM)

Author Topic: My love letter to Lovecraft.  (Read 8868 times)

OscarWilde

• Annoying Newbie
  • Coolio Points: +0/-2
    • View Profile
My love letter to Lovecraft.
« on: August 04, 2011, 08:25:47 AM »

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

Forgive this sloppy prose dear reader, my fingers are now too bloated to accurately punch the desired keys.
My name is Howard Webb. At 49 years old, I am a Sedimentologist and revered member of the Geological Society for these past 2 decades. After a life dedicated to academia, I have no living kin to care  or partner to speak of, thus I write this letter to whomever finds it first - a colleague perhaps or the police, called by observant neighbours who have noticed the build up of unopened milk bottles outside my front door.
What has become of me then? Why has my body seemingly disappeared off the face of this earth? It has because I wanted it too, it has because I cannot live with the creature I have become.
This letter then is a plea for one not to retrace my steps or ever search for me again. It is also a warning, and the only description of the things that have been with us since before man ever took his hand to tools.
Late July found me travelling by train to write an article on the welsh cave of Dan-yr-Ogof. The intricate cave system is located close to the Brecon Beacons National Park, and was recently voted the greatest natural wonder in all of Great Britain. Standing inside its dark and leaky structure it is hard to disagree, but I was to discover a far greater wonder, and terror, than those water filled drowning chambers and intricate pillars of ancient alabaster.
Entrance to the cave is traditionally found at the river Llynfell, a gaping black hole in the earth. Moving, by boat, over several lakes and then over rocky passageways you will eventually arrive at the bridge chamber. Beyond is a 10 kilometre area that the general public will never see. It is for experienced cavers and enthusiasts only, and the very location where I found myself falling. 
Surprisingly, I was still alive and conscious on landing, despite my shin bone breaking upward through my kneecap. I lay crying in dark echoes; wet, cold and alone. I waited for hypothermia and my eventual end then and there, but deliverance, of a kind, arrived with the first creature.
Too dark too see the form, I heard its slithering movements come at me like a slug over stone. I gasped, feeling its tentacles slide down my face then press hard over my wound.
This creature, larger and stronger than any man, picked up my body whole and placed me to dry on rocks out of the water.   
My sight could never acclimatize to this cavernous darkness, but then I was not ready to see the creature who made me right enough to follow its sound through the cracks, crevasses, and toward a star shaped light.
We were somewhere else now, a valley of moon like rocks illuminated by ancient geode crystals above. It was brilliantly bright, and out of the burrows the creatures came to gawk at me in their thousands. Beetle like, their wet bodies were armoured in thick shell, and they had more eyes and tentacles and mouths than seemed necessary. Suddenly hostile, they began pushing at my back, coercing me through a vast crowd of slithering monstrosities. The kindly creature who first came to my aid had disappeared into this sea of bodies. The mob was in charge of me now, and I was duly presented to the largest of them - a creature whose repulsive stench caused me to vomit out what meal I had inside me. I winced upon observing ten or twenty of these creatures suddenly gathering, to greedily suck my expelled sick into their own mouths.
I scurried back and cut my skin over hard rock - escape was quite impossible. The queen of these bees ordered my return to her by the hair. And dropped before her, stiff as a board delirious, I watched as she opened her mouth to taste me, her foaming lips coming to suck down over my entire face. I closed my eyes tight while she pressed her mouth over my head. The flesh of my nose and mouth and scalp were briefly pulled back into this elder things throat.  Those microscopic invertebrates, the fleas, the louse and lice that live on us all is what she fed on, and she took all that lived on me.
I woke in my very home with no recollection of how I got here. Was it a dream? I thought and hoped so at first, but when I turned on the bathroom light, the reflection that greeted me in the mirror caused me to shriek and scream like no man had ever done before.
“My God, my good God! What have they done to me! What have they done!”

R19quef

My love letter to Lovec
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 10:53:41 AM »

THIS SHOW IS HILARIOUS
well only when theres hot ppl and funny guys
hahaa

Kim Jongmin and his TUNG TUNG PARTNER
soo funnyyy

i love this show

p.s. you guys like this show
then go watch the other korean game show
XMAN

hackess

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +10/-0
  • DFG
    • View Profile
Re: My love letter to Lovecraft.
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 11:26:45 AM »

Guys, the spam filter is full.

zorgon

• Jail Bait
  • Coolio Points: +70/-1
  • His *brain* is gone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2014, 01:26:12 PM »

Dammit, Jim ...

Demosthenes

• Evil Ex-HN Moderator
  • Administrator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +567/-72
  • Just try me. See what happens.
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
Re: My love letter to Lovec
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2014, 10:16:30 PM »

But isn't spam usually selling something?

THIS SHOW IS HILARIOUS
well only when theres hot ppl and funny guys
hahaa

soo funnyyy

i love this show

p.s. you guys like this show
then go watch the other korean game show
XMAN

This is just nonsense

Coolio Points: 89,000,998,776,554,211,222
Detta Puzzle Points: 45

Banning forum idiots since 2001

xolik

• King of the Geekery
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +541/-25
  • HAY GUYS
    • View Profile
Re: My love letter to Lovec
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 12:00:31 AM »

That's it, I'm calling my honey TUNG TUNG now on!
Barium: What you do if CPR fails.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
[The Fade^C Compound]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

BizB

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +439/-15
  • Keep making circles
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2014, 08:17:01 AM »