The Geek Forum

• April 27, 2024, 03:02:20 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to the prolific nature of these forums, poster aggression is advised.

Recent Forum Posts

Shout Box

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 129551
  • Total Topics: 7148
  • Online Today: 143
  • Online Ever: 1013
  • (January 12, 2023, 01:18:11 AM)

Author Topic: New Computer  (Read 2706 times)

blitzrieg bop

• Jail Bait
  • Coolio Points: +0/-1
    • View Profile
New Computer
« on: July 24, 2002, 12:08:23 PM »

Ok here is the deal. I have recently saves up $1,500 and wish to buy a computer. I am looking for a good deal and good performance out of this computer. It doesn't need to have all the do-dad's but it has to be effecient. Any kind of help would be very useful.  I would prefer to buy a complete computer (i.e Deel,Gateway....maybe Alienware?) but, if someone knows of someone who could assemble one I live in New England and would go for a little drive for a custom one. Any help will be appreciated.

Anonymous

New Computer
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2002, 12:21:17 PM »

If you're looking for specs on what to buy, I'd say head over to this thread. It's a pretty good system that I put together. It's also almost a good 1000 dollars below your budget. Dell really hypes up the prices for software and labor.

I don't know of anyone in New England though. You might just be better off finding a friend that knows a decent amount about computers and getting him to put it together if you're not up to the challenge. Chances are that he'll either do it free of charge (providing you provide him with the parts) or he'll do it for 50 bucks. (Which is not a big deal considdering how much you would spend for a Dell).

But if you have any questions no problem asking here.  8)