The Geek Forum

• May 17, 2024, 10:45:24 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to the prolific nature of these forums, poster aggression is advised.

Recent Forum Posts

Shout Box

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 129634
  • Total Topics: 7189
  • Online Today: 116
  • Online Ever: 1013
  • (January 12, 2023, 01:18:11 AM)

Author Topic: Lets talk dreams.  (Read 5529 times)

Jaepheth

• Computer Whore
  • Coolio Points: +114/-5
    • View Profile
Lets talk dreams.
« on: August 14, 2008, 12:12:04 AM »

Had this one last night.

Ok, so it starts out with me being in prison, orange jumpsuit and all. I'm not sure why I'm in prison, but I'm in the cafeteria and it's pretty noisy. For some reason I get to use the warden's private bathroom. As he's walking away it get's quiet, waaay too quiet. All I can hear are the Warden's foot steps heading away. In the back of my mind the opening riff to the X-Files theme plays. That's when I know "Shit! It's happening again! They're coming!"

I run after the warden in an attempt to try and subvert what's coming, I can still hear his footsteps, and their echoes through the now empty corridors...

Running after him the footsteps slowly fade to nothing, finally the last echo stops and I realize I'm alone. Everyone else is gone. My best theory is aliens did something because I feel more time has passed than my memory recalled and that's what, for some reason, I remember happened last time. (Sort of a strange deja vou type memory that was incredibly vague)

I must now escape the prison from the inside and get to the nearest town (no idea what I'll do after that). But other weirdness is also happening. There are strange anomalies such as some of the prison cell bars no longer running vertically, but rather radially like a spider web. Feeding matter (such as chairs) into these anomalies causes them to shrink until they disappear and in their place are poker chips (whose value depends on how much they were fed). Eating these chips increases intelligence/IQ points...

Crawling through some anomalies and past where a wall has completely gone missing (except for a few blocks and studs) I find myself outside where forest creatures like squirrels and rabbits are playing soccer (football to you non-Americans) on the green grass.

That's where I woke up. And up until the edible poker chips, I think it was pretty cool and would make a good game mod for HL2 or STALKER.

I'm not crazy... right?

I'm sorry, but the number you have dialed is imaginary. Please rotate the phone by 90 degrees and try again.

Wunderkind

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +419/-36
  • drunk and practicing witchcraft
    • View Profile
Re: Lets talk dreams.
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 05:27:17 AM »

Meh...

My favourite of my creepy dreams is the re-occuring one where I'm breathing under water and everyone else above me (out of the water) is suffocating to death.  :|

I don't think you have anything to worry about.
Because you either live life - bruises, skinned knees and all - or you turn your back on it and start dying. -- Captain Pike
I clicked 12AX7's banner.

Joe Sixpack

• Nerd
  • Coolio Points: +176/-19
  • Low brow and brilliant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 10:25:12 AM »

I always wanted to open a little bed and breakfast..... (sigh)....

Oh. Err...

My personal favourite is from the time I had food poisoning and was running a 105 fever.  I was shivering so I covered myself in layers of blankets, which probably didn't help.  I was awake, but I could hear wolves howling outside, just on the other side of the wall.  And all the layers of blankets, I *knew*, were actually layers of a conspiracy.  They were out to get me, and I knew it, but they didn't know that I knew, and that's how I would crush them with my Iron Fist!

I think the weirdest one, though, started out with me walking along the country side, and I come upon this big pit, sort of like a big pond with no water in it.  One entire side has steps, and the other has giant metal doors.  It kind of looked like a Quake level in hindsight.  There are people running around in the pit, along with a couple of T-Rexes, like from Jurassic Park, eating them.  One guy runs and makes it to the steps, and just sits down about 3 steps up like he's safe.  Of course the T-Rex just bends down and bites him in half.  Also, one of the people turns out to be my mom, and she gets eaten by a giant lizard.
Then, somehow I'm in the pit running from dinosaurs, and I notice there is a big red button by the doors that no one else seemed to notice, so I run and dodge T Rexes and their food and push that button.  The giant doors open, and it turns out they were holding back all of the water, so the pit floods and all of the T Rexes are drowned, and I get washed away down a tunnel.  I also see an 'after' shot, that shows a bunch of country folk fishing in the newly-made lake.
So I'm getting washed down this tunnel, and eventually I see a rope ladder hanging down from an upward branch, and I grab on to it and climb up.  When I get to the top, I am in some kind of jungle treehouse, and there is a wild boy living there, who was raised by the wolves or something.  I open the door to leave, and it opens into a long hallway in some kind of mansion.  It's dark, and I know something is wrong, so I sneak into the next room, and not only is James Bond in there, but Pierce Brosnan as James Bond is in there.  We are hiding, and we can hear some kind of evil SWAT team kicking down all of the doors in the hallway, one by one, looking for us.
And then I woke up.  Or perhaps that's when I went to sleep, and I am dreaming now?  Who can say.  Who can say.
"God places cherubim with a flaming sword east of Eden to guard the Tree of Life from the ambitions of man.

Cherubim is plural; Genesis 3:24 specifies one flaming sword. Presumably flaming swords were in short supply."

Dark Lord Liznit

• Annoying Newbie
  • Coolio Points: +3/-1
  • The Force is strong with this one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 12:13:25 PM »

Jaepheth, you are deffinately not crazy. :) I have strange dreams all the time. Though, I do have to say, as I was reading your dream it somewhat reminded me of Alice in Wonderland. But anyway...

One of my favourite re-occuring dreams involves lots of Zombies, a pirate ship, and a strange woman that claims to be my mother who descends in white mist from the ceiling of a cheap hotel. It's rather quite interesting. Especially when I get to the parts where I blow lots of stuff up with grenade launchers, flame throwers, and howitzer type artillery. (The Zombies never win due to this.)

______

Chris

• Administrator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +286/-8
  • IT'S A TARP
    • View Profile
    • The Geekery
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 10:15:23 PM »

They say everyone dreams every night that they sleep.

I however, am for some reason unable to recall any of these dreams that I have during the night. Every once in a while I'll remember bits and pieces of something that I dreamt about, but can never recall the entire thing.

Now what is THAT supposed to mean?

Novice

• Forum Ninja
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +205/-10
  • Thread Killer 3.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2008, 03:02:08 AM »

The only dreams I remember are nightmares.

The nightmares usually resemble a scene in Silent Hill where all of the suddent a loud, creepy siren signals everything to go dark and I know that the demon is soon to follow. Every once in awhile I will stay and try to run away from him but most of the time I will make myself wake up.

What's crazy is when I dream I woke myself up but I am really still dreaming.
Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?

Stitch

• Troll
  • Coolio Points: +19/-38
  • What that smell like?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2008, 04:55:40 AM »

My eyes hurt tremendously now after trying to read your sig image.

BizB

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +439/-15
  • Keep making circles
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2008, 07:43:55 AM »

I only dream about autofellatio.
Without me, it's just 'aweso'.

12AX7

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2008, 08:35:57 AM »

My car sucks too.

pbsaurus

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +354/-31
  • Everyone Loves The King Of The Sea
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/flipperpete
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2008, 03:45:46 PM »

I only dream about autofellatio.

So do you do the car or does it do you?

RelandR

• Wannabe Professional Blogger
  • Coolio Points: +91/-4
  • This portion of the page intentionally left blank
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2008, 04:31:55 PM »

My car doesn't suck enough, I think it's time to trade-up to a more efficient model.

Pyrenus

• Jail Bait
  • Coolio Points: +30/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2008, 04:45:50 PM »

I can always breath underwater in my dreams.

I have a lot of dreams where I'm back in college or high school, and I've forgotten to do an assignment or something.  That makes me panic, and I usually wake up. 

ivan

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +499/-50
  • Not a Mod, nor a Rocker. A Mocker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2008, 05:56:54 PM »

I never remember any dreams. One night I had a dream that I can remember dreams, but then I woke up.
"I TYPE 120 WORDS PER MINUTE, BUT IT'S IN MY OWN LANGUAGE!"  -Detta

xolik: WHERE IS OBAMA'S GIFT CERTIFICATE?
Demosthenes: Is that from the gifters movement?

Detta: Crappy old shorts and a tank top.  This is how I dress for work. Because my job is to get puked on.
Demosthenes: So is mine.  I work in IT.

bananaskittles: The world is 4chan and God is a troll.

RelandR

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2008, 06:10:28 PM »

My dreams lately have involved me interacting with recently deceased family members. Usually we're traveling somewhere together and get stuck in an endless loop of hindering circumstances, eg: we come out of the roadside stop and the vehicle is missing, then panic ensues as we cannot complete our journey.
I don't seem to realize during the dream that they are supposed to be dead, but when I wake it dawns on me and freaks me out just a little.

Dark Lord Liznit

• Annoying Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2008, 02:19:11 AM »

My eyes hurt tremendously now after trying to read your sig image.

You were that curious to try so hard?  :-P Did you make it out, at least? I simply haven't gotten around, or recieved the inspiration, to get a new one.

But back on the subject of dreams...
I dream of dead relatives/friends/aquaintences frequently. About 80% of the time, I'm trying to save them from imminent danger or death. But more oft than not, they are mixed with people I know to be living, who die instead.  :|

______

Demosthenes

• Evil Ex-HN Moderator
  • Administrator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +567/-72
  • Just try me. See what happens.
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2008, 10:56:26 PM »

They say everyone dreams every night that they sleep.

I however, am for some reason unable to recall any of these dreams that I have during the night. Every once in a while I'll remember bits and pieces of something that I dreamt about, but can never recall the entire thing.

Now what is THAT supposed to mean?

It actually means that your brain is working the way it's supposed to work.  Dreams are the brain's way of running a test pattern while there's no other stimulus.  Some psychologists believe that it's also a way for the subconscious to deal with "dirty laundry", so to speak.  Myself, I think it's a combination of the two.

At any rate, the memories of such are fleeting because the brain doesn't consider dreams to be anything relevant to regular life, so it never gets stored in anything other than temporary memory.  Consider dreams to be like a series of programs your brain runs in RAM while you're rebooting or running low-level maintenance processes, and once you wake up that temporarily allocated space is purged to make space with the normal daily applications.

Coolio Points: 89,000,998,776,554,211,222
Detta Puzzle Points: 45

Banning forum idiots since 2001

sociald1077

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +129/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2008, 12:43:07 AM »

I had sex dreams about my neighbor last night.
"Guns don't kill people! PHYSICS kill people!" - Dick Soloman

12AX7

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2008, 01:05:08 AM »

Did you purge?

Dark Lord Liznit

• Annoying Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2008, 12:54:47 AM »

I took a small nap today, and had the most marvelous dream. I got to be a zombie. It was exciting.

______

RelandR

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2008, 12:38:50 PM »

I had sex dreams about my neighbor last night.

Did you purge?

Good question...  you may have corrupted your firmware. If so, flashing your p-ram might help.

Jaepheth

• Computer Whore
  • Coolio Points: +114/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2008, 07:35:59 PM »

...flashing your p-ram might help.

Check your local laws first, some areas will fine you and/or throw you in jail for that.

I'm sorry, but the number you have dialed is imaginary. Please rotate the phone by 90 degrees and try again.

jimmi

• Jail Bait
  • Coolio Points: +3/-11
  • i like girls.
    • View Profile
    • Remember This Thing
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2008, 12:57:11 AM »

I once had a dream I was dreaming, my brain then proceeded to implode.
war
1. The preferred state of being for the United States under a Republican president as it is easier to promote patriotism, loyalty, fear, and self-censorship among the civilian population.