The Geek Forum

• May 17, 2024, 09:19:39 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to the prolific nature of these forums, poster aggression is advised.

Recent Forum Posts

Shout Box

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 129634
  • Total Topics: 7189
  • Online Today: 210
  • Online Ever: 1013
  • (January 12, 2023, 01:18:11 AM)

Author Topic: .  (Read 2874 times)

12AX7

« on: September 19, 2008, 01:24:28 PM »

« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 04:10:46 PM by 12AX7 »

xolik

• King of the Geekery
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +541/-25
  • HAY GUYS
    • View Profile
Re: Space Agency footage analyzed
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 02:17:06 PM »

Early one night, many years ago back when I was living up in the mountain areas around Palmdale, the boredom of being stuck at home had driven me almost to the point of madness. It was a brisk Autumn evening, the kind of evening that's perfect for sipping a good cup of hot cocoa from an outdoor cafe while watching the people go by. Grabbing my coat, I started out the door and into the streets. Now the place where I was living at that time was a small house, shared by myself, my brother and one of his co-workers at the end of a block of similarly mass produced square brown homes surrounded by large areas of undeveloped desert land.

I had a lot on my mind and didn't feel like driving anywhere, so I just start walking. There was no real destination in mind, I just needed to get away from everything and just relax and let my mind wander. Well, that worked more than I could have hoped. By the time I snapped out of my reverie, I had no clue where I was anymore! I had auto-pilot walked off the paved sidewalks and into a good several miles of desert.

It was beautiful out in the desert with no signs of civilization. Looking up, you could see massive amounts of pinpoint lights dotting the sky. Some of the lights where larger than others, probably planets, while some of them appeared to be moving if you looked at them hard enough. In fact, one of them was moving. Towards me. And getting bigger.

When people think of UFOs, they usually conjure up images of poorly made 'flying saucers' from bad 1950s sci-fi movies. The thing that landed in front of me looked nothing at all like your typical saucer. It was conical, like one of those sugar cones you get from the local 31 flavors, with three metallic 'legs' near the pointed tip and a series of lights ringing around the top. To say I was scared would be the understatement of the year. I was just waiting for some kind of hatch to open or a death ray or something, but nothing happened. At least nothing happened for a good few moments. There was a low humming noise and a flash of light so bright I had to shield my eyes with my hands.

When the light subsided, I noticed two things immediately. The first one was that it suddenly got significantly warmer inside whatever strange spacecraft this thing was. The second thing was that I wasn't alone.

Those stories of little green men with antennae on their heads is utter bullshit. The creatures that surrounded me were Grays. Each one of them was holding a small baton of sorts. Like a glowstick, but about a good three inches longer. Then it dawned on me. This is why they brought me here. They wanted to gang-probe me.

I thought to myself, "Oh God, it's parochial school all over again!" As they started to move in towards me, one of them held out his arm and offered me some type of liquid in a small glass bottle. At least this one was thoughtful enough to offer me a drink first. I quickly snatched the bottle out of his three fingered hand and broke it over his head. The gray dropped like a sack of rocks without so much a single sound. Taking the strange baton out of its hand, I turned to the others and started screaming at them to release me. I don't know what strange moon language they spoke, but my intentions where clear: 'Let me out or suffer the same fate.' A low hum started to emit from the ship and soft light was starting to form around me. I thought "This is it, they're gonna kill me for sure. Might as well go out with a bang!" Raising the baton, I charged the nearest gray and shoved it right up the thin opening in the middle of his face while screaming "GOTTHEGEEK DOT COM, BITCHES!"

Turns out the light wasn't a death ray at all, but a transporter of some sorts because I found myself back in the desert where I started, but without the baton and no spaceship in sight. I learned a lesson that night, but I'll be damned if I can remember what it was.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 02:21:09 PM by xolik »
Barium: What you do if CPR fails.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
[The Fade^C Compound]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

ivan

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +499/-50
  • Not a Mod, nor a Rocker. A Mocker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 02:33:21 PM »

I'll be in my bunk.
"I TYPE 120 WORDS PER MINUTE, BUT IT'S IN MY OWN LANGUAGE!"  -Detta

xolik: WHERE IS OBAMA'S GIFT CERTIFICATE?
Demosthenes: Is that from the gifters movement?

Detta: Crappy old shorts and a tank top.  This is how I dress for work. Because my job is to get puked on.
Demosthenes: So is mine.  I work in IT.

bananaskittles: The world is 4chan and God is a troll.

Novice

• Forum Ninja
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +205/-10
  • Thread Killer 3.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 02:35:56 PM »

The whole "If it's not ice-crystals, it's spacecraft" argument confuses me.
Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?

12AX7

Re: .
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 04:03:12 PM »

« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 10:24:03 PM by 12AX7 »

xolik

• King of the Geekery
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +541/-25
  • HAY GUYS
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 05:19:34 PM »

I CLAIM THIS THREAD FOR THE QUEEN OF SPAIN!

Barium: What you do if CPR fails.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
[The Fade^C Compound]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

ivan

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 05:44:18 PM »

I'll be in my bunk.

Detta: Crappy old shorts and a tank top.  This is how I dress for work. Because my job is to get puked on.

pbsaurus

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +354/-31
  • Everyone Loves The King Of The Sea
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/flipperpete
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2008, 06:21:22 PM »

* pbsaurus de-bunks Ivan

ivan

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008, 06:24:51 PM »

DEBUNK THE DEBUNKERS!

Wunderkind

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +419/-36
  • drunk and practicing witchcraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2008, 10:26:27 PM »

* Wunderkind wants to know what 12 originally posted.
Because you either live life - bruises, skinned knees and all - or you turn your back on it and start dying. -- Captain Pike
I clicked 12AX7's banner.

Chris

• Administrator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +286/-8
  • IT'S A TARP
    • View Profile
    • The Geekery
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2008, 12:43:59 AM »

12AX7

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2008, 10:54:55 PM »

I had posted that in an attempt to start a serious discussion on what the "things" were in the footage; whether it could be some form of life or some other anomaly. There is clearly something in the footage, and I haven't seen or heard any explanation (other than this guy's) for what it might be. It's most certainly not ice crystals; and after watching the footage, that explanation is almost an insult to intellect.
  Anyway; my mistake was looking for serious discussion here. I've been here long enough to know that that aint gonna happen. My thread about the LHC and the experiments there had the same intent; "let's talk about what they are doing and what they might find".
 I found a place to get my fix, though, for serious discussions.

http://www.physicsforums.com/index.php

If you go by there; be advised it is a heavily moderated forum, and the rules for posting are super-strict, so no drive-by, off topic, or humorous posts at all. Its probably not a forum most of you would enjoy; unless you need help with your physics, math, etc homework/coursework. They WILL help you; and there's actually an entire board dedicated to helping students with coursework and career decisions. I know we have several college students here; maybe this will be of some use to you guys.