The Geek Forum

• May 09, 2024, 11:21:37 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to the prolific nature of these forums, poster aggression is advised.

Recent Forum Posts

Shout Box

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 129621
  • Total Topics: 7185
  • Online Today: 154
  • Online Ever: 1013
  • (January 12, 2023, 01:18:11 AM)

Author Topic: Linux port 0x60 alterations....HELP!  (Read 1635 times)

copperrein

• Jail Bait
  • Coolio Points: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.members.cox.net/saust/art/frametest.html
Linux port 0x60 alterations....HELP!
« on: June 17, 2003, 08:26:37 AM »

Ok, I should probably post this on some other forum...but here goes....

I'm running 'drake 9.0. I want to alter attributes for port 0x60 (keyboard). I am doing this on my box alone. I want to redirect (split?) the i/o from this port to a log file. I then want to translate the output using the english key-map. Has anyone attempted this or done anything remotely similar? Yes, I have googled. I always google first.

I am in no way attacking a remote system...you'll have to trust me that I am one of the most passive users out there. I am hacking my own box. This is just another level of knowledge I can file away in my mind. Little projects like this always haunt me, being bull-headed doesn't help.
http://members.cox.net/hatshepsut/aliens.jpg">

revmoo

• Annoying Newbie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.revmoo.org
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2003, 10:59:14 PM »

I understand what you are doing.......doesn't sound too difficult to do if you can code..

All you'd need is a program to sit in the background, and grab the data coming in from the keyboard, convert all the keycodes into characters(this part would prolly be a pain in the ass, but I bet there are libraries out there to do it for you), and then append the data to a log file...

Then again, I'm not a programer so I can't really help you out :D
It's the queers, they're in it with the aliens. They're building landing strips for gay martians I swear to God.

rjah

• Annoying Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2003, 02:58:37 AM »

lets see if I got this right before I respond and look like a dumbass....

You want to have your keyboard I/O send direct output information (base code) to a log file, and then have a function to auto convert that code to english text?

Do you want your I/O to still output the commands (keystrokes) to other places (such as a text document or a password field)? Or do you only want to have the keystroke information sent to this log file?

If you are doing this to be able to decode passwords I would think of easier methods, but for some reason I do not think that is the intention. Well I need a bit of clarity before I can attempt to help. But you could always intentionally download a key logger, modify its base code, and disconnect your PC from the internet (if you use it for secure crap) while doing this, to ensure your keystrokes/private info are not sent to people you don't want them sent to.

If thats not suitable though, just respond to the above and I will see if I can think of something for you. I am not a pro 'drake user, but I think my roomate might be, he is a linux whore.
Delegation is the fastest way to watch some asshole be forced to do the work they tried to give to you.

suffer the monkey