The Geek Forum

• May 12, 2024, 01:43:01 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to the prolific nature of these forums, poster aggression is advised.

Recent Forum Posts

Shout Box

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 129628
  • Total Topics: 7187
  • Online Today: 146
  • Online Ever: 1013
  • (January 12, 2023, 01:18:11 AM)

Author Topic: For those of you who have never worked in fast food.....  (Read 3812 times)

LFD

• Computer Whore
  • Coolio Points: +2/-2
    • View Profile
For those of you who have never worked in fast food.....
« on: August 03, 2002, 12:21:08 AM »

For those of you who have never worked in fast food yet eat at fast food resturants, here is a list of 50 things you should NEVER do to any worker at any fast food establishment.

(especially Subway)

50. Don't ever tell the worker that they have put too much of something on your sandwich. We have a set number/amount for each item, you may ask for more or less but if you say mustard I will give you the set amount of mustard.

49. Don't spill your drink on the table on purpose, I am not your mother, I don't jump at your every command, I am human! if you see that I just wiped the tables and floor down don't make a mess on purpose, if I am 2 minutes from clocking out, I will hurt you.

48. Don't tell me where I have and haven't mopped. this is self explanatory, of course I am not going to mop where alot of people are stepping. get sued, fuck that!

47. Don't see that I just cleaned the bathroom and run in there to use it, then tell me its dirty and I know you are the one that dirtied it.

46. If we don't accept checks, then we make acceptions for NOONE

45. Don't mock the accent/ speech impediment of your cash register, that just makes me sad :(

44. Don't hand me a 50 dollar bill when you know we accept no bills larger than a $20

43. Don't hit on me because you think I will give you some kind of discount, especially when your 200 pounds and have a huge zit on your cheek

42. Black Olives do not grow on trees, don't tell me to put 20 on your sandwich when only 4 are allowed

41.  I am not your slave, if you want cheese on the damn sandwich ask for it, don't tell me to put a piece on the side.

40. If you see me just wipe down a table, don't go sit at the next one over, the one I didn't wipe down and is really dirty, then complain about how dirty it is.

39. I know you don't like me, don't point out mundane details about your food that make no difference to how it tastes, especially when it is just about a jalepeno missing from the top of the bread. there are 5 more on there, it doesn't make any difference.

38. If you are going to flash your cleavage at me, don't do it in front of your mom

37. If you see me just fill the ice machine up, don't order 5 cups of water and load them with ice.

36. I am specified to put 4 pieces of cheese on your foot long, 5 if you want extra, don't tell me I am not putting enough cheese on your sandwich, I watched the video, I know.

35. DOn't order 1 foot long sandwich and tell me to cut it in two and put two different things on each half. If you want 2 6 inches order 2 6 inches.

34. I know your soda is watered down, hell I am drinking the same thing as you, I have no control over that.

33. Stop with the black olives

32. I am ordered to put 3-9 black olives on your sandwich not 20, STOP

31 ^

30 ^

29. I am not a mind reader, don't  stand and stare at me for 5 minutes expecting me to fix your sandwich to your exact specifications, you silent fuck.

28. ok, it says BLT don't ask me whats on it.

27. If it is a roast chicken sandwich, it has roast chicken on it.

26. Don't ask me for a turkey sandwich without the turkey, that is a veggie sandwich, totally different thing.

25. I am not your maid, if you find that all the boothes are clean except for one, don't sit at that ONE and complain.

24. Keep rule number 25 close to your heart.

23. Ok, if I say I am out of bacon, and you hear me tell that to the person in front of you, DON'T ask for bacon.

22. we have 3 sizes of drinks, they are conveniently located right INFRONT of you.

21. Didn't I mention I am not your maid?

20. make up your mind before you get in line, this saves valuable time and helps me serve the other 5 people in back of you quicker.

19. Don't cut in line especially if that line is 10 people long.

18. If you don't want it on your sandwich, don't pick it off after I have made it and throw it on the floor

17. If you know we don't serve fries don't ask.

16. If you see that we are having difficulty preparing a particular item, don't ask for just to spite us, we want to hurt you.

15. If you see a line starting to form after you don't sit down at a table and expect us to go take your order, its FAST FOOD we ain't Denn'y bastard.

14. If I am stacking chips, don't grab a bunch of chips and put them back when I go and get more.

13. I know how much your food costs with tax, don't correct me.

12. If you see a little girl in front of you and you see me making her sandwich, don't get in front of her and tell me what you want.

11. I am not your mother, I am not your maid, I clean the bathrooms when I have time. if you see a line of 10 people and you know I just cleaned the restroom before you came used it, don't tell me its dirty again.

10. Don't cuss at me.

9. If I tell you I can't add put pepporoni on your ham sandwich and my coworker says the same thing. Don't go tell the manager about it.

8. Don't tell me to put everything on your sandwich and then complain when I put everything on your sandwich.

7. I am human, I make mistakes, don't cuss at me about it.

6. I am human, I make mistakes, the simple fact is, if it is 5 minutes till the time I have to clock out, expect me to perform wanton acts of violence on you when I walk out the door.

5. You see that line? get in the back of it.

4. StOP WITH THE BLACK OLIVES I CAN ONLY PUT 3-9

3. Don't rush me

2. Don't EVER make me make you something, to your exact specifications find out one TINY, MUNDANE, UNIMPORTANT detain is wrong and just walk out the damn door. especially after I have burned my hand

1. Don't get to the cash register and start changing your order, and don't carry on that shananagin for 10 minutes just because you are a hottie and you know I know you know I think you are a hottie.

0. DON'T EVER WALK IN AT 5 MINUTES TILL WE ARE CLOSED AND EXPECT US TO HAVE EVERYTHING HOT AND FRESH. I AM HUMAN I WANT TO GET OUT OF WORK ON TIME. DON'T MAKE ME HURT YOU 5 MINUTES IS 5 MINUTES WHEN I CLOCK OUT, I WILL FIND YOU AND I WILL HURT YOU, WHAT KIND OF EVIL BASTARD WALKS INTO A RESTUARANT AT 5 TILL IT IS TIME TO CLOSE AND ORDERS THE THINGS YOU CAN SEE WE HAVE ALREADY PUT UP!!!! FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU, DON'T DO IT AGAIN, I WILL HURT YOU YOU BASTARD, FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU, YOU EVIL BASTARD I AM HUMAN, LEAVE ME ALONE, YOU HEARTLESS BASTARD!!!

MISTER MASSACRE

• Lady Modmalade
  • Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +292/-17
  • inhaling chalk in the old school
    • View Profile
    • twittery
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2002, 12:30:27 AM »

Enjoying the new job, are we?

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2002, 12:34:37 AM »

Don't forget the "Don't ask for a Sprite in a container. Of course we're going to put it in a cup for you. Unless, would you like us to pour it on the floor so you can LAP it up?" That's always a good one.

Revka

• Jail Bait
  • Coolio Points: +28/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2002, 08:31:02 AM »

Wow... I have worked in a fast food restaurant, but I was a cook and didn't have to deal with the public (thank god).

It's like the saying in Clerks -- "This job would be great if it weren't for the fucking customers."
"I think very few of us are not 'messed up' by the internet that are members here. Really, very few are actually "normal" humans." - Chris

hob goblin

• Professional Blogger
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ice-on-fire.net
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2002, 08:44:53 AM »

i like the whole black olives on the tree thing...heh

the subway here puts like 10-15 on mine though..

Revka

• Jail Bait
  • Coolio Points: +28/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2002, 09:16:01 AM »

I like black olives, but only 3-9.
"I think very few of us are not 'messed up' by the internet that are members here. Really, very few are actually "normal" humans." - Chris

hob goblin

• Professional Blogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2002, 09:42:17 AM »

im talking about foot long, only 3 on a foot-long...:-/

LFD

• Computer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2002, 09:59:14 AM »

actually we have a rule of 6,

3- on a 6-inch

6- on a foot long and if they ask for extra we give 3 more.

not that I follow this rule, but when I do see I put the correct amount on there and people are just like "GIVE ME MORE no 15 is not enough, I need the entire cambro. it pisses me off.

oh yeah, I have no idea where black olives grow, but I sure as hell know we don't have an infinite supply in the back .

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2002, 05:13:26 PM »

Someone wants a cup full of Big Mac Sause, we give them it. Someone wants a cup full of hot fudge, we don't give them it.

Someone wants an Egg McMuffin at 1:44PM when breakfast is over at 11AM, we don't give them it.

Simple.

hob goblin

• Professional Blogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2002, 02:36:22 PM »

may i ask what the FUCK is big mac sause?

MISTER MASSACRE

• Lady Modmalade
  • Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +292/-17
  • inhaling chalk in the old school
    • View Profile
    • twittery
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2002, 02:54:43 PM »

Some flowers and a nice romantic dinner, and Big Mac will show you.

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2002, 04:37:29 PM »

OMG LOL! That should read, "Sauce".

hob goblin

• Professional Blogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2002, 05:22:50 PM »

they put a special sauce on the big macs? sickening.