The Geek Forum

• May 11, 2024, 12:08:42 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to the prolific nature of these forums, poster aggression is advised.

Recent Forum Posts

Shout Box

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 129628
  • Total Topics: 7187
  • Online Today: 158
  • Online Ever: 1013
  • (January 12, 2023, 01:18:11 AM)

Author Topic: Soooooo....  (Read 6000 times)

Unleashed

• My Space Emo Attention Whore
  • Coolio Points: +1/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://groups.msn.com/piksandbdates/shoebox.msnw
Soooooo....
« on: August 14, 2002, 10:46:53 AM »

Tell me a little bit about the people that post here..I like only see a selected few that seem to post and I don't see where there are many woman here? Whats up with that , you scare them away?

Some people are like Slinkies . . . not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

MISTER MASSACRE

• Lady Modmalade
  • Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +292/-17
  • inhaling chalk in the old school
    • View Profile
    • twittery
Soooooo....
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2002, 10:57:36 AM »

Yeah,  this forum is predominantly male, isn't it? Well, that's the internet for you, I guess.

Scare them away?

"Whatever would give you that idea?"

Unleashed

• View Profile
Soooooo....
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2002, 11:14:34 AM »

Nice shirt... wanna play? Actually I think what I noticed most wasn't so much the shirt as the way you are sitting in the pic ... yep I would have to say most definatly "predominantly" male posture fer sure. :D

Some people are like Slinkies . . . not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Anonymous

Soooooo....
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2002, 11:43:37 AM »

I don't know what it is about there not being many women here. There aren't many women (or girls) at a lot of forums on the internet. I'm sure there are a few places that have a bunch of them, maybe like this one (That's more like girls, no women) but other than that... I don't know why.

We can't scare them away... afterall, we haven't flamed them or anything. So.... maybe they just don't like the internet and will stick to going into chatrooms where they can pick up way hotter 55-year-olds that will kill them in a van parked in the local mall parking lot while having sex.

Unleashed

• View Profile
Soooooo....
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2002, 11:50:06 AM »

I was just wondering... I seen where you had a couple of them post. Usually I go here http://www.toplesstopics.com/forum/ ....... other than that you got a cool forum ... I'm game (just don't shoot me)

hob goblin

• Professional Blogger
  • Coolio Points: +2/-2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ice-on-fire.net
Soooooo....
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2002, 12:36:54 PM »

hey chris, don't be jonin on my forums yung

Anonymous

Soooooo....
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2002, 01:48:56 PM »

I'm going off topic here, but this post kinda made me realize something that I would like to share.

You know the irony about the internet and forums/chatrooms? Girls use them to show their true colours while in real life, they act like something they are not. Guys on the other hand, act as they truely are in real life, but create a fake personality on-line. That's why there are no chicks here.

Now how can we explain this strange behavior from both males and females? It's quite simple really. On-line, guys pretend to be something they are not. It gives them a feeling of freedom and power because in real life, we are being run by the women. Since the chicks already enjoy power and freedom in real life by messing with our heads, there is no need for them to go online and pretend to be something else because they gain nothing from it. Instead, they go do the primal and primitive things that they cannot do in the real world. Doing so in the real world would expose them as the true sexual predetors they are and they would loose control over the men.

Unleashed

• View Profile
Soooooo....
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2002, 02:39:25 PM »

Quote from: TheJudge
I'm going off topic here, but this post kinda made me realize something that I would like to share.

You know the irony about the internet and forums/chatrooms? Girls use them to show their true colours while in real life, they act like something they are not. Guys on the other hand, act as they truely are in real life, but create a fake personality on-line. That's why there are no chicks here.

Now how can we explain this strange behavior from both males and females? It's quite simple really. On-line, guys pretend to be something they are not. It gives them a feeling of freedom and power because in real life, we are being run by the women. Since the chicks already enjoy power and freedom in real life by messing with our heads, there is no need for them to go online and pretend to be something else because they gain nothing from it. Instead, they go do the primal and primitive things that they cannot do in the real world. Doing so in the real world would expose them as the true sexual predetors they are and they would loose control over the men.

When it comes down to the point in it isn't about the same thing ... being someone that you feel society isn't comfortable with in everyday life and bringing that part of your personality out over the net? Basically being fake? And how do you figure that women have freedom? It's still if you ask me a mans world ... I mean look at the commercials that are on TV... shampoo products are aimed more so for a woman to buy thinking that is what it is going to take to catch a mans eye as well the commercial it's self seems to catch the mans eye... I mean come on seriously when I use those shamppoo products it doesn't make me moan.

Anonymous

Soooooo....
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2002, 02:42:35 PM »

I see myself being the same in real life as I am online. I generally don't let the people that I "hang out" with change the way that I act.

Unleashed

• View Profile
Soooooo....
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2002, 02:44:31 PM »

Quote from: Chris
I see myself being the same in real life as I am online. I generally don't let the people that I "hang out" with change the way that I act.
I'll toast to that .....ditto's that qoute

Anonymous

Soooooo....
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2002, 02:47:26 PM »

Quote from: Lacerda
Yeah,  this forum is predominantly male, isn't it? Well, that's the internet for you, I guess.

Scare them away?

Hey Lacerda, that's a good image to photoshop over at FARK. :roll:

Anonymous

Soooooo....
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2002, 02:59:10 PM »

Shows how much you know about women! How old are you Chris?

Demosthenes

• Evil Ex-HN Moderator
  • Administrator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +567/-72
  • Just try me. See what happens.
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
Soooooo....
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2002, 05:37:35 PM »

I'm about the same in real life as I am online.  Well, maybe a trifle less overbearing, but just as opinionated and big-mouthed.

Believe it or not, I've mellowed quite a bit with age....  :shock:

Coolio Points: 89,000,998,776,554,211,222
Detta Puzzle Points: 45

Banning forum idiots since 2001

Revka

• Jail Bait
  • Coolio Points: +28/-1
    • View Profile
Soooooo....
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2002, 08:19:45 PM »

I also see myself as the same on-line as IRL.  I don't really talk much and as a consequence, I don't post much.
"I think very few of us are not 'messed up' by the internet that are members here. Really, very few are actually "normal" humans." - Chris

MISTER MASSACRE

• Lady Modmalade
  • Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +292/-17
  • inhaling chalk in the old school
    • View Profile
    • twittery
Soooooo....
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2002, 12:31:09 AM »

Scare them away?

Yeah, that'd be good for my self-esteem.

Although, posting  a picture like that, I kind of deserve it.

By the way, I act just about the same IRL as I do on here.

Revka

• Jail Bait
  • Coolio Points: +28/-1
    • View Profile
Soooooo....
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2002, 02:30:48 AM »

OK... let's not get this started again.  I don't think I could handle two threads like that.
"I think very few of us are not 'messed up' by the internet that are members here. Really, very few are actually "normal" humans." - Chris

hob goblin

• Professional Blogger
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ice-on-fire.net
Soooooo....
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2002, 03:42:25 AM »

Quote from: Revka
OK... let's not get this started again.  I don't think I could handle two threads like that.

okay! haha, just joking.

Anonymous

Soooooo....
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2002, 07:19:41 AM »

I'll clarify a little. I also see myself the same on-line or in real life. I think the same way, but my behavior is somewhat different. I do say things to people on-line that I would never tell them face to face. For example, when someone does something stupid on-line, I jump on the occasion to flame them and insult them or even tell them what a fucking idiot they are. However, in real life, I would never do that to a perfect stranger just because I saw him do something really stupid. I'm just to polite. Although in real life I somthimes see things and think "What a fucking idiot", I won't tell that out loud. That's the difference. In forums, I do type my complete thoughts. In person, I just think them.

Jon

• Computer Whore
  • Coolio Points: +0/-1
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gotthegeek.com
Soooooo....
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2002, 08:49:58 AM »

Scare them away?

Yeah, that'd be good for my self-esteem.

Although, posting  a picture like that, I kind of deserve it.

By the way, I act just about the same IRL as I do on here.

They'll probably put you in that picture of that downer running in the special olympics.

LFD

• Computer Whore
    • View Profile
Soooooo....
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2002, 05:31:51 PM »

I act the same in real life as I do on the internet, actually you guys are quite lucky I show more of my nice guy persona on the net :)

I have 3 faces.

1- Silent (you guys will never see this side, because it requires me to be concentrating on 10 things at once. :)
2-Outspoken loudmouth with a devil may care attitude. (asshole)
3. The Nice guy: not bothering anyone, not holding any strong opinions, not starting anything just being nice to everybody.

Why do I have 3 faces?

In the begining I was just a silent nice guy but that got me in way to much trouble, by not saying anything I was singled out as arrogant and selfish thus getting me in many fights and squabbles that wouldn't have happened otherwise.

So I decided to start speaking out, unfortunatley for everyone else, I observed before I acted allowing me to pick out ALL of the idiots,sluts,dumbasses,bastards and 2 faced people. Everyone who didn't fall in a aformentioned category of shallow people I was cool with and saw no reason to provoke or cause them any kind of grief.  Making friends with most of them.

Unfortunatly over time I realized that I singled people out the wrong way.
I failed to take into account a lot of basic human flaws that everyone has. Thus alot of people I labled as shallow were actually deeper and more troubled than me. They still hung with the wrong crowd though, so in order to keep from offending them  I just decided to keep silent and concentrate on other things. Creating Face 1.

Other than that I am pretty much an asshole/nice guy to everyone else. Not at the same time but I am a bit of both depending what the situation is.

Enjoy that little excerpt from my life. I don't even remember what the thread is about anymore  :lol: ah well

Unleashed

• View Profile
Soooooo....
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2002, 01:08:12 PM »

Quote from: LFD
I don't even remember what the thread is about anymore  :lol: ah well
lol ... well said LFD.. but I like the last part that brought out as slight chuckle :wink: