The Geek Forum

• April 28, 2024, 10:57:26 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to the prolific nature of these forums, poster aggression is advised.

Recent Forum Posts

Shout Box

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 129555
  • Total Topics: 7152
  • Online Today: 189
  • Online Ever: 1013
  • (January 12, 2023, 01:18:11 AM)

Author Topic: Fucking People  (Read 5704 times)

Anonymous

Fucking People
« on: July 17, 2002, 02:21:08 AM »

Generally, most people are stupid, or as I'd like to call it "dense". I know this because if the place that I work at. Where you might ask, McDonald's! You could be thinking "OMG LOL! HE WORKS AT TEH MCDONALDS!!" but it's not as bad as you'd think. Sure, pay isn't good, but you're reading this site right now, right? Bandwidth and server bills have been paid for, so shut your pie hole.

Now, on with the game. So I was working the register a little less than a week ago and it was my third time doing it. Ok, so I don't quite know everything, but I try none-the-less. So two guys walk in from some landscaping place (believe me, if I knew the name of the place, I would not hesitate  one second to name it here, and perhaps find their web site, if they have one) and the first guy orders his food. Ok, I got him all of his food, and he starts bitching that the McFlurry doesn't have enough ice cream in it. I give it back to the person that filled it (since I'm just the register person), and he's taken care of. He goes off to the other side of the lobby and starts whining. His partner comes next and orders his stuff. It was a Number 1 (Which is the BigMac Meal, I believe) and I put him down for that. You see, this is where the problem starts. When you're at the register, you have to add the drink in with the meal, or else the person doesn't get charged for it. I didn't charge him for the large drink. After he gets his food, he goes "Yo where my drink?" and it hits me "hmm... I didn't charge this guy for it" and I go "I didn't charge you for it" and then he throws his shit fit. He goes "YO WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?! I ORDERED A NUMBER 1! IT COMES WITH A DRINK!" I guess he thought that he was already charged for it, and I just was trying to get more money from him.

His outburst causes both of the managers to come up and start with him. I almost started laughing because of his sheer level if ignorance to understand a simple mistake, but I figured it would not have been good for me to be laughing at someone who is a few cards short of a deck. He goes and fills up his large cup that I put on the counter while the managers where asking him why he used such foul language in their resturant directed at me. This point he's yelling across the resturant about "how stupid I am" and that I "should not be working there". (Go figure, the guy's like 25 years old and works at a landscaping place, he's the last person to call me stupid)

He walked out with the large drink which is roughly about 2 dollars. In essance he stole it.

Both managers took it rather seriously after the guy left and kept on talking about it for 10 minutes. I found it to be funny, not serious. If you throw a fit like that in a public place because someone made a mistake, you probably should not be out since humans do make mistakes.

Earlier that day I had some lady throw a fit since they didn't have Stitch from the movie Stitch, when she asked "Do you have Stitch?". Her daughter looked to be about 11-years-old.

I think it must be the area that I work in, the place is swarming with stupidity! Then again, I'm the one that misunderstood them and the customer is always right!

HINT: Whenever you start yelling at an employee of any store, you automatically lose. You can always be removed from the store for being disrupted and preventing you from working.

hob goblin

• Professional Blogger
  • Coolio Points: +2/-2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ice-on-fire.net
Fucking People
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2002, 02:45:56 AM »

oh well.. don't feel bad.. i plan on working for teh Tech Support

Anonymous

Fucking People
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2002, 06:47:03 AM »

Tech Support??? Ouch... The stupid user community. Hope you've got patience!

LFD

• Computer Whore
  • Coolio Points: +2/-2
    • View Profile
Fucking People
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2002, 11:05:54 AM »

don't let life get you down chris, I plan on getting death threats over lack of ketchup if I go into fast food. South Texas isn't a safe place to work in fast food.

Anonymous

Fucking People
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2002, 02:16:00 PM »

That sucks, but this is the one story that I have heard in which the customer is not always right.

MISTER MASSACRE

• Lady Modmalade
  • Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +292/-17
  • inhaling chalk in the old school
    • View Profile
    • twittery
Fucking People
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2002, 02:23:09 PM »

You must not work in retail.

The customer, despite what the policy of most stores says, IS ALWAYS WRONG.

KoRNexpressor(error)

Fucking People
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2002, 07:26:23 PM »

Yeah, from what I have seen being a councelor is not that diffrent. The kids (younger ones especially) whine and bitch about things they know nothing about but just want and are sometimes a pain in the ass. But oh well, its service. It sucks that there are asses out there who can't accept a simple thing like a missing drink. (was the guy black? I think he was)

drDigital

• Annoying Newbie
  • Coolio Points: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Fucking People
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2002, 09:43:55 PM »

rascist SOB
[ drDigital ]
[ dr_digital@hotmail.com ]

Anonymous

Fucking People
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2002, 09:48:59 PM »

Actually, he was black. He partner was white.

KoRNexpressor(error)

Fucking People
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2002, 07:18:13 PM »

rascist SOB
Shut the Fuck up

Binoboy

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +5/-1
    • View Profile
Fucking People
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2002, 09:44:21 PM »

Oh please. I work at K-Mart: the white trash superstore. I can tell you volumes of dumb things customers say and do. It's the type of job that can piss you off and make you laugh at the same time. If anybody would like, I could share some of the many quotes I've written down on the job.

I always say half of our clientelle are either A: senile, B: Russian, or C: inbred. Sometimes you get one who's all three. Christ, I sometimes hafta wonder am I in Hazlet or Kiev?!?!?!
To die, to sleep; To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub... Ha ha! ...'Rub'!

Anonymous

Fucking People
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2002, 11:00:36 PM »

Wow, the K-Mart next to the McDonald's shopping center? That's pretty close. We probably get some of the same people that hit BOTH stores.

But yeah... that place is the white trash superstore. Only that one, however. There are some that are nicer. Much nicer.