The Geek Forum

• May 10, 2024, 04:40:33 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to the prolific nature of these forums, poster aggression is advised.

Recent Forum Posts

Shout Box

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 129623
  • Total Topics: 7186
  • Online Today: 152
  • Online Ever: 1013
  • (January 12, 2023, 01:18:11 AM)
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: I need World Of Warcraft help!!!!!!  (Read 13967 times)

sqwishy

• Annoying Newbie
  • Coolio Points: +0/-65535
    • View Profile
Re: I need World Of Warcraft help!!!!!!
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2006, 03:03:47 PM »

That's right, we were all just waiting around here for you so we could flame you. You've done it sqwishy, you've unmasked the conspiracy that has been hidden for thousands of years. Go, brave sir, go out into the world and tell all you meet of the horrors you've seen!
actualy i was refering to bigyyboy ... you know the one who started this thread. see this is what i'm talking about, sarcasm, changing quotes, talking shit to people, this ... is sad.
I was banned because I'm apparently incapable of interacting with others without being a jerk.

pbsaurus

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +354/-31
  • Everyone Loves The King Of The Sea
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/flipperpete
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2006, 03:06:09 PM »

Wouldn't want a sad elipsis, now, wouldn't we?

sqwishy

• Annoying Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2006, 03:14:01 PM »

You're hilarious ... and it's spelled 'ellipsis' ... seen as these forums are so big on grammar and spelling.
So lemme rephrase what I said previously seen as you're too fucking stupid to understand.
'These forums are sad'
I was banned because I'm apparently incapable of interacting with others without being a jerk.

Agent_Tachyon

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +195/-45
  • Beyond 1337
    • View Profile
    • Screaming Brain
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2006, 03:19:31 PM »

Okay, you're right. These forums are very sad. Why don't you go away?
Singularity god is EVIL as
Creation reigns as Opposites.
Educators, and You - ought
to be killed for ignoring the
fact that "Earth is Cubed".
(ignored and suppressed by EVIL educators)

sqwishy

• Annoying Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2006, 03:21:22 PM »

Because I'm trying to figure out why you guys do this? Is it because you have too much time on your hands? Or are you just a retard.

pbsaurus

• Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2006, 03:40:52 PM »

Well since I've discovered time cube I have plenty of time on my hands.

Agent_Tachyon

• Hacker
  • Beyond 1337
    • View Profile
    • Screaming Brain
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2006, 03:51:36 PM »

Because I'm trying to figure out why you guys do this? Is it because you have too much time on your hands? Or are you just a retard.

I actually DO have too much tme on my hands as a matter of fact, not that you are in any way qualified to judge what I do with my time. And yes, I am a retard. Are you.

BizB

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +439/-15
  • Keep making circles
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2006, 05:00:12 PM »

*click*
Without me, it's just 'aweso'.

dcrog

• Banned on the run
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +253/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2006, 05:00:30 PM »

this forum would be a good example of a social experiment to see how anoying people could be!

Ahhhhh.  So that explains what it is that you are doing.

You're getting right up there with the top annoyances I've seen.  And I've seen a lot.

Old enough to know better.
Apparently not wise enough.

And who says with age come's wisdom?

BizB

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Keep making circles
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2006, 05:01:48 PM »

That's because you're old.

dcrog

• Banned on the run
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +253/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2006, 05:02:59 PM »

Old enough to know better.
Apparently not wise enough.

And who says with age come's wisdom?

Agent_Tachyon

• Hacker
  • Beyond 1337
    • View Profile
    • Screaming Brain
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2006, 05:03:55 PM »

Old people smell strangely.

BizB

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Keep making circles
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2006, 05:05:56 PM »

Nuh-uh.  We use our noses, just like youngsters.

Agent_Tachyon

• Hacker
  • Beyond 1337
    • View Profile
    • Screaming Brain
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2006, 05:16:27 PM »

What are canes for then?

Demosthenes

• Evil Ex-HN Moderator
  • Administrator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +567/-72
  • Just try me. See what happens.
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2006, 05:26:12 PM »

You're hilarious ... and it's spelled 'ellipsis' ... seen as these forums are so big on grammar and spelling.

I think you mean "seeing as these forums are so big on grammar and spelling."

Coolio Points: 89,000,998,776,554,211,222
Detta Puzzle Points: 45

Banning forum idiots since 2001

ivan

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +499/-50
  • Not a Mod, nor a Rocker. A Mocker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2006, 05:58:38 PM »

Old people smell strangely.

I don't know. I've smelled some pretty strange-smelling youngsters.
"I TYPE 120 WORDS PER MINUTE, BUT IT'S IN MY OWN LANGUAGE!"  -Detta

xolik: WHERE IS OBAMA'S GIFT CERTIFICATE?
Demosthenes: Is that from the gifters movement?

Detta: Crappy old shorts and a tank top.  This is how I dress for work. Because my job is to get puked on.
Demosthenes: So is mine.  I work in IT.

bananaskittles: The world is 4chan and God is a troll.

pbsaurus

• Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2006, 07:25:25 PM »

* pbsaurus points at Ivan

Youngster Sniffer!

Min

• Nice Ex-Hackernetwork Moderator
  • Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +468/-13
  • Slacker Wiseass
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2006, 07:43:08 PM »

lol
Flammable : Inflammable :: Duh : No Duh
"I TYPE 120 WORDS PER MINUTE, BUT IT'S IN MY OWN LANGUAGE!"  -ivan
1,180,463,441,680 Coolio Points

sqwishy

• Annoying Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2006, 01:35:55 AM »

Actually no I don't...

TheJudge

• Administrator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +330/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2006, 09:49:31 AM »

just because you are a screwy geek that's bent on spreading crappy, distracting animations all over forums (siganature), it doesn't mean geeks dont play games. In fact we do. And WoW is a very popular game among gamers and geeks.
 In real life we wouldn't barge into a house party and announce our name, level of geekyness, and other useless facts about our life to the group, directly preceding our demand of pointers on shoveling snow because we just bought ourselves a nice and shiny shovel...
This "siganature" you are referring too is in fact a representation of a memorable discussion that took place on these very forums. But of course, you wouldn't know about that because you just walked in here making demands and now you're acting like you own the place.

I am quite aware that WoW is a very popular game, thank you. I have played it myself and many of my friends play it. The purpose of my response, while it may appear rude to you, was to point out what is obvious to most of us but somehow eludes you: It is common and polite to introduce yourself when you are new and want to meet people. It is rude to simply walk in a demand answers because that gives the impression that you beleive that our only purpose, our reason to exist, is to serve your needs. That is not why this community exist and if can't understand this simple concept, then perhaps you should read up on netiquette a little. Also, had you bothered to read around before posting, it would have been very apparent to you that we do in fact like introductions. And cheese. And beer.

additionaly, these are forums arn't they? forums are places were people can post questions about stuff if they want right? so its not ecxactly like a house party. Yeahhh, I don't quite agree with you.
Oh you don't have to agree with me at all, but I'll tell you this: Forums are places where people can ask questions, but they are much more than that. You also need to contribute. We are not here to serve you, to solve your problems or to do your homework. Sometimes you need to give a little in order to receive a lot. Is a simple introduction too much to ask? An introduction will let us know a bit more about you, what you like or dislike, what you're good at etc. It's not rocket science.
We do this because we'd like to get to know people a little better. This creates a pleasent and beneficial online community. If that makes us retards, then I am proud to be retarded and I invite you to join all of us retards and celebrate our retardness in the most retarded ways we retards can come up with.

sqwishy

• Annoying Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2006, 10:13:47 AM »

This "siganature" you are referring too is in fact a representation of a memorable discussion that took place on these very forums. But of course, you wouldn't know about that because you just walked in here making demands and now you're acting like you own the place.
I never said I owned this place. And I assumed that was a discussion that took place on these forums, but I didn't really care. And since it was is the signature spot, it pretty much called a signature.

I am quite aware that WoW is a very popular game, thank you. I have played it myself and many of my friends play it. The purpose of my response, while it may appear rude to you, was to point out what is obvious to most of us but somehow eludes you: It is common and polite to introduce yourself when you are new and want to meet people. It is rude to simply walk in a demand answers because that gives the impression that you beleive that our only purpose, our reason to exist, is to serve your needs. That is not why this community exist and if can't understand this simple concept, then perhaps you should read up on netiquette a little. Also, had you bothered to read around before posting, it would have been very apparent to you that we do in fact like introductions. And cheese. And beer.
It isn't common for someone to post at forums without giving an introduction, maybe you pickey about this forum but you didn't hafta flame him.

Oh you don't have to agree with me at all, but I'll tell you this: Forums are places where people can ask questions, but they are much more than that. You also need to contribute. We are not here to serve you, to solve your problems or to do your homework. Sometimes you need to give a little in order to receive a lot. Is a simple introduction too much to ask? An introduction will let us know a bit more about you, what you like or dislike, what you're good at etc. It's not rocket science.
Yeah but who cares? I introduced myself and my thread got turned into a spamfest, I asked a question and your members replied with a very stupid answers that didn't help at all. I had to look in other threads for my answers.

We do this because we'd like to get to know people a little better. This creates a pleasent and beneficial online community. If that makes us retards, then I am proud to be retarded and I invite you to join all of us retards and celebrate our retardness in the most retarded ways we retards can come up with.
I'm not talking about the introductions, but about that 'pleasent and beneficial online community'. Wow is your perseption skewed!

BizB

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Keep making circles
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2006, 11:31:46 AM »

Well, now my perseption of you has changed a lot.

You can be my freind.  Hell, you can come over to my house and hump my ssiter.

TheJudge

• Administrator
  • Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2006, 12:05:18 PM »

I never said you owed the place either, I said you "acted" as if you did. No single individual owns the place anyway. It's community driven.

It isn't common for someone to post at forums without giving an introduction
That's what I've been saying all along. Thank you for confirming this.
I introduced myself
You did not. You asked a question. You never introduced yourself and other than the fact that you're interested in a WoW mage build, we know nothing about you.
I'm not talking about the introductions, but about that 'pleasent and beneficial online community'. Wow is your perseption skewed!
Why don't you start a new poll and ask people to vote on wether they feel this is a 'pleasent and beneficial online community' or not, then we'll see who's perseption skewed.

I don't feel like arguing with you. I've essentially been banging my head against a wall, and I'm sure I'd feel much better if I stopped. Lighten up or get the hell out.

EDIT:
When things like this occur and people get so caught up in their bubble, I tend to take a step back and try to read the entire discussion with an open mind.

If you reread this thread from the begining, you'll notice that my very first reply was an attempt to be helpfull and to point out the reason why you've been getting odd replies. Instead of cluing in, or being gratefull for my assistance, you got unfriendly. You called me a screwy geek, you made fun of my signature and then you start with the "we" geeks, as if I was excluded from that comunity all of a sudden. I was just trying to point you in the right direction man. Further more, you then go to another board, raise a dead thread, insult everyone by saying "you guys are pathetic and an embarasment to geeks". Then you argue and argue and whine, and you try to make some sort of little statement with your signature as if you are opressed by the evil geek community! Fuck man, be accountable for your actions!

I like the sig taunt idea. I think I'll modify mine just for you. I mean, if you want to get cocky, let's all get cocky.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 12:28:03 PM by TheJudge »

TheJudge

• Administrator
  • Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2006, 12:36:01 PM »

Awww fuck.... I have made a huge mistake. I just now realize that you had in fact provided a proper introduction last month. My apologies to you. I still think you reacted in a bad way over all, but I also aknowlegde that you were perhaps treated unfairly. I would propose to simply wipe the slate clean and start over.

xolik

• King of the Geekery
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +541/-25
  • HAY GUYS
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2006, 12:38:41 PM »

Goddammit, here I am thinking that've the thread went to four pages because of the useful information I posted and instead it's because some chucklefuck decided to play 'Internet Hero' for the poor oppressed newbie who fucked up and didn't think things through before mashing the 'post new thread' button.

He didn't get flamed for asking for help. That's stupid. He made a help request for game advice in the 'Introduce yourself here' part of the forum. This is where you are supposed to post threads like 'Hey, I'm so-and-so from Sheepfuckistan and I enjoy riverdance and cheese painting. My favourite color is seven.' Then you go over to the Anarchy or Entertainment section and post a 'I need some WoW advice' thread. You don't got to the Introduction section and churn out "HAY GUYZ HOW I PLAY MAGE?" as your first post.

I mean, if you want to get cocky, let's all get cocky.

Oh, CAN WE?  :-D
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 12:41:15 PM by xolik »
Barium: What you do if CPR fails.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
[The Fade^C Compound]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Pages: 1 [2] 3