The Geek Forum

• April 27, 2024, 01:11:55 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to the prolific nature of these forums, poster aggression is advised.

Recent Forum Posts

Shout Box

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 129551
  • Total Topics: 7148
  • Online Today: 179
  • Online Ever: 1013
  • (January 12, 2023, 01:18:11 AM)

Author Topic: Now THIS is just F k Dup  (Read 2703 times)

12AX7

Now THIS is just F k Dup
« on: April 11, 2007, 06:22:24 PM »

Weird Tingly Feeling is up when the Georgia "runaway bride" is charged and held financially responsible for the search and manhunt and falsely reporting a crime; but "The Accuser" in the Duke Rape case has, by contrast, totally fucked up the lives of several families, cost them thousands of dollars, and cost the coach his job, yet they aren't charging her with ANYTHING. The NC DA said it "wasn't in the interest of justice to charge her."  WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT??????????????
 Another contrast bugging the shit outta me is the IMUS shenanigan. So he called a team "nappy-headed ho's"...  he's being strung out to feed the dogs. On the other hand, Ludacris has a song titled "You's a Hoe" ... 
  I am seriously a-fucking-mazed how fragile people are these days. How pitiful do ya have to be for someone you don't even know to call you a name and it "damages you; hurts you deeply, and causes emotional distress and suffering". Grow the fuck up and get the hell over it.

ivan

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +499/-50
  • Not a Mod, nor a Rocker. A Mocker.
    • View Profile
Re: Now THIS is just F k Dup
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 06:45:13 PM »

Mangum should have the book thrown at her, and I can't believe there won't eventually be charges against her. Lawsuits, certainly.

As for Imus, I don't see this as a free-speech issue, or a legal issue. He hasn't broken any law, and the FCC has to retroactively draw the line he crossed (which I'm sure it will do). What the Imus flap has done is reveal an ugly truth about Imus' demographic, which is basically young and old men. What a bunch of Archie Bunkers, to think that it's funny or OK to sit around and say vile things about a bunch of girls.

Don't like men like that.

If he gets fired (and MSNBC has already dropped him like a hot potato), it will be a business decision. CBS won't walk away from a pile of money unless that pile is no longer big enough to make it worth their while.
"I TYPE 120 WORDS PER MINUTE, BUT IT'S IN MY OWN LANGUAGE!"  -Detta

xolik: WHERE IS OBAMA'S GIFT CERTIFICATE?
Demosthenes: Is that from the gifters movement?

Detta: Crappy old shorts and a tank top.  This is how I dress for work. Because my job is to get puked on.
Demosthenes: So is mine.  I work in IT.

bananaskittles: The world is 4chan and God is a troll.

12AX7

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 06:56:14 PM »

What the Imus flap has done is reveal an ugly truth about Imus' demographic, which is basically young and old men. What a bunch of Archie Bunkers, to think that it's funny or OK to sit around and say vile things about a bunch of girls.

Don't like men like that.
I agree. Those guys are an embarrassment to every earthly Y chromosome. Makes me reconsider the surgery.

If he gets fired (and MSNBC has already dropped him like a hot potato), it will be a business decision. CBS won't walk away from a pile of money unless that pile is no longer big enough to make it worth their while.
That I can agree with. 

Vespertine

• The VSUBjugator
  • Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +371/-38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 09:02:43 PM »

So, I just a minute ago, got done reading an article that lists some of the advertisers that are pulling their business.  So far it's: American Express Co., Sprint Nextel Corp., Staples Inc., Procter & Gamble Co., and General Motors Corp.  And Procter & Gamble said they were pulling their business from ALL of MSNBC, not just his show.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass.  And, I'm all out of bubble gum.