The Geek Forum

• April 28, 2024, 12:52:30 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to the prolific nature of these forums, poster aggression is advised.

Recent Forum Posts

Shout Box

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 129555
  • Total Topics: 7152
  • Online Today: 189
  • Online Ever: 1013
  • (January 12, 2023, 01:18:11 AM)

Author Topic: They must think the rest of the world is pretty stupid  (Read 5847 times)

Demosthenes

• Evil Ex-HN Moderator
  • Administrator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +567/-72
  • Just try me. See what happens.
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
They must think the rest of the world is pretty stupid
« on: December 05, 2002, 10:38:37 AM »

I just read this article and almost laughed out loud.

The attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon were part of a Jewish plot?

Lol.  What?

The Jews of the world somehow managed to work with Osama Bin Laden for several years, planning the attacks?  I guess his public calls for "death to Israel" and "the blood of all Jews" are just a ruse then?  He's secretly supporting the Zionist cause to take over the world!

Not to mention the Saudi hijackers that were involved.  Almost all of them.  Jews managed to convince a bunch of Saudi muslim extremists to work to their benefit, even dying for the jewish overlords?

That is an impressive maneuver, a bunch of Judaistic conspirators, duping a bunch of innocent Muslim militants into being pawns in their dark game of framing the Saudis and Al Qaeda, and seeking world domination.  Fie upon them!

Pretty funny stuff.  That Saudi minister should consider a career writing screenplays.  He needs to work on making his stories a bit more believable, however.  That story would never fly in Hollywood...

Coolio Points: 89,000,998,776,554,211,222
Detta Puzzle Points: 45

Banning forum idiots since 2001

Anonymous

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2002, 10:46:51 AM »

OMG! People actually post that nonsenseon the web! <sarcasim>Yeah... Obviously it was all planned by the Jews. I mean, they did benefit from the incident in the end. That must mean they are behind it all.</sarcasim>

So using that logic, that would mean I should deserve all the praise for the new Bond movie. I mean, I did enjoy it. It's a benefit to me. Therefore I must be responsible for it's creation. I'm still waiting for a royalty check in the mail...

Demosthenes

• Evil Ex-HN Moderator
  • Administrator
  • Hacker
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2002, 11:06:36 AM »

This article is actually a pretty good rebuttal of that... it also makes a couple of pretty good points about our Saudi "friends".

With friends like those, who needs enemies?

Binoboy

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +5/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2002, 11:24:07 AM »

Look at it this way. With all the info about Saudi's involvement in the attacks that any halfway-intelligent American already realized 6 months ago coming out for the drooling masses to osmose through their thick skulls, this Iraq thing is unravelling fast.
To die, to sleep; To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub... Ha ha! ...'Rub'!

KoRNexpressor

• Troll
  • Coolio Points: +0/-3
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dextroverse.org
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2002, 06:06:41 PM »

What I find fascinating about this article is the fact that it is on yahoo...I'd expect less shit from them
Pink Floyd is Good, Opeth is good, Insane Rants are good. I am jusy trying to make myself happy, damnit.

-Keith

Banshee

• Geek
  • Coolio Points: +106/-3
  • Baby-Eater
    • View Profile
    • A Shadow Priest
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2002, 12:26:39 PM »

No one's claiming that Iraq was involved in the attacks at this late date, are they Bino? It's all about those weapons of mass destruction....

That article should underscore the extreme instability of the Saudi regime. If the royal family cannot even express a negative image of the hijackers without receiving death threats/assassination attempts/negative press, things are going downhill even faster than I thoght.

By the way, Demo, I don't remember you ever giving an opinion on Iraq. I know you will be against going to war, but what about the presence of inspectors. Doesn't that seem like an imperialistic move? A part of me says we should leave the Iraqi's and their insane leader alone, yet another part is asking whether I would really feel safe at this point.
"Dear pete, lol. U r dum." - Bobert

Demosthenes

• Evil Ex-HN Moderator
  • Administrator
  • Hacker
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2002, 12:52:50 PM »

At the end of the actual military action portion of the Gulf War, Iraq signed a treaty to agree to a number of things.

One of those things was the two 'no-fly zones'.

Another of those things was to itemize and declare openly all CBN weapons (Chemical, Biological and Nuclear) and to cease and desist all development of said weapons.

Another of those things was to allow inspectors under the authority of the United Nations to have unlimited access to verify that CBN weapons programs/development are not continuing, and that existing weapons are accounted for and if possible, destroyed.

As Iraq is in violation of nearly all of those things (and only now are they allowing inspectors back in), we've had plenty of reasons to smack Iraq upside the head pretty hardcore for quite some time, and I am of the opinion that we should teach them a serious lesson and hold them to their agreement that ended hostilities back in 1991.

However, we should have done it a few years ago, but Clinton just let it go and let it go, and the UN has never been very well known to enforce any treaties without someone like the US or Britain waving a gun around and getting them riled up first, so the UN never would have done anything on their own (look how much they've been dragging their feet as it is, even while Iraq is almost totally in violation of the treaty they signed).

Dubya is just as much at fault as Clinton was for inaction, because he had plenty of time to do something about Iraq's flagrant violations and push the UN into action, and he did nothing.

Then September 11th's terror attacks happened, and that screwed world politics up pretty bad.

NOW Dubya wants to go kick Saddam out of Iraq.

So my response is simple.  "No, you dumb motherfucker.  You should have been doing this a year and a half ago... now that the so-called 'war on terror' is in full swing, it just looks like you're wagging the dog to keep your failures out of the public eye."

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2002, 02:37:32 PM »

Quote from: Demosthenes
"No, you dumb motherfucker.  You should have been doing this a year and a half ago... now that the so-called 'war on terror' is in full swing, it just looks like you're wagging the dog to keep your failures out of the public eye."

Of course he is. They all do. But at least it looks like someone is finally going to take action after Husain. A little late parhaps, as you pointed out. But at least something is in the works.

SeK612

• Jail Bait
  • Coolio Points: +1/-8
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dreamwater.net/cult/
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2002, 04:43:32 PM »

I think your sort of missing the point. I would guess that the article was a kind of propaganda and thus not intended to hit the outside world instead it was for people internally. Sure the idea is laughable but it's these kind of comments that cause already crazed fundamentalists to carry out further attacks  :roll:

Funnies: 123

Demosthenes

• Evil Ex-HN Moderator
  • Administrator
  • Hacker
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2002, 05:15:27 PM »

Quote from: TheJudge
But at least something is in the works.
Well, my point was, that's a bad thing.  The timing is wrong.  This is NOT the time to be doing this.  Maybe a year and a half ago.  Maybe a two or three years from today.

But most certainly not NOW.

And I never thought I'd find myself putting these words together in this particular combination, but Sek has a point in what he said.  

Boy, that just doesn't sound right, does it?  Those words just don't feel right being typed in that order...... :roll:

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2002, 08:30:48 AM »

Quote from: TheJudge
But at least something is in the works.
Well, my point was, that's a bad thing.  The timing is wrong.  This is NOT the time to be doing this.  Maybe a year and a half ago.  Maybe a two or three years from today.

But most certainly not NOW.

And I never thought I'd find myself putting these words together in this particular combination, but Sek has a point in what he said.  

Boy, that just doesn't sound right, does it?  Those words just don't feel right being typed in that order...... :roll:

I don't really care if NOW is the time or not. The time came up on many occasions in the past. They didn't take action then. I say let's just get it over with and do what should have been done a long time ago.

Banshee

• Geek
  • Baby-Eater
    • View Profile
    • A Shadow Priest
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2002, 09:26:47 AM »

Do the ends justify the means TheJudge?

Demosthenes

• Evil Ex-HN Moderator
  • Administrator
  • Hacker
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2002, 09:39:11 AM »

Because NOW it's only being used as a political tool for the sitting executive branch of the US government.  And 90% of the rest of the world sees right through it.  

At any other time, Dubya may have had my support.  But right now he's only doing it for political reasons.  Because of that, it just makes us out to be the "imperialist force-mongers, pushing our will on the rest of the world" that countries like France always like to make us out to be.  Except this time we ARE.

Banshee

• Geek
  • Baby-Eater
    • View Profile
    • A Shadow Priest
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2002, 09:46:52 AM »

Well put.

Anonymous

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2002, 11:15:30 AM »

Quote from: Banshee
Do the ends justify the means TheJudge?

I think they do. We all knwo Sadam is a danger to everyone, but mostly the US. Why not just take him down and git it over with. You're right Demo, it's being done for political reasons currently. So what? As long as it gets done before it's too late. Do you want to wait till a nucleaur war head lands in your backyard before any action is taken? Or do you want to prevent that from happening?

Demosthenes

• Evil Ex-HN Moderator
  • Administrator
  • Hacker
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2002, 11:38:50 AM »

Sorry, I'm just not an "ends justify the means" kind of person.  Going about things the wrong way, and with the wrong timing on the world stage almost inevitably leads to disaster, or in the least with plenty more undesirable effects, history has shown.

The Bay of Pigs invasion

Carter's failed raid to rescue the hostages in Iran

Hitler's invasion of the Soviet Union.  Wins the award for quite possibly the "worst timing in the HISTORY of warfare".

I could go on....

MISTER MASSACRE

• Lady Modmalade
  • Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +292/-17
  • inhaling chalk in the old school
    • View Profile
    • twittery
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2002, 02:06:44 PM »

Besides which, it's entirely too easy to take the "strike first" idea too far.

Who's to say who might develop nukes or other weapons of mass destruction next? Let's just blow them all up to be sure.

Banshee

• Geek
  • Baby-Eater
    • View Profile
    • A Shadow Priest
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2002, 05:38:28 PM »

Sorry, I'm just not an "ends justify the means" kind of person.  Going about things the wrong way, and with the wrong timing on the world stage almost inevitably leads to disaster, or in the least with plenty more undesirable effects, history has shown.

The Bay of Pigs invasion

Carter's failed raid to rescue the hostages in Iran

Hitler's invasion of the Soviet Union.  Wins the award for quite possibly the "worst timing in the HISTORY of warfare".

I could go on....

I don't think you need to. You made my point for me.  :evil:

EDIT: I was kidding Demo...

Anonymous

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2002, 07:47:42 AM »

NO NO! Go on! It will be fun!