The Geek Forum

• April 27, 2024, 08:00:31 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to the prolific nature of these forums, poster aggression is advised.

Recent Forum Posts

Shout Box

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 129552
  • Total Topics: 7149
  • Online Today: 180
  • Online Ever: 1013
  • (January 12, 2023, 01:18:11 AM)
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 2010 Concert Thread  (Read 10473 times)

Min

• Nice Ex-Hackernetwork Moderator
  • Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +468/-13
  • Slacker Wiseass
    • View Profile
2010 Concert Thread
« on: January 01, 2010, 01:47:57 PM »

List your goal and progress here.

I don't have a goal for this.
Flammable : Inflammable :: Duh : No Duh
"I TYPE 120 WORDS PER MINUTE, BUT IT'S IN MY OWN LANGUAGE!"  -ivan
1,180,463,441,680 Coolio Points

pbsaurus

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +354/-31
  • Everyone Loves The King Of The Sea
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/flipperpete
Re: 2010 Concert Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 01:49:19 PM »

25 is my goal

pbsaurus

• Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 02:37:31 PM »

25 is my goal

1.  1/7/10 at Cafe Du Nord in San Francisco--Stripmall Architecture performing The Music of This Mortal Coil, Foxtail Somersault who did a mean cover of Cannonball, and Vir

pbsaurus

• Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 02:48:12 PM »

1.  1/7/10 at Cafe Du Nord in San Francisco--Stripmall Architecture performing The Music of This Mortal Coil, Foxtail Somersault who did a mean cover of Cannonball, and Vir

2.  1/9/10 at Bottom of the Hill in San Francisco--Fleshies and Trainwreck Riders I missed the first two bands.

pbsaurus

• Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 03:06:29 PM »

2.  1/9/10 at Bottom of the Hill in San Francisco--Fleshies and Trainwreck Riders I missed the first two bands.

3.  1/16/10 at The San Francisco Museum Of Modern Art--Zoe Keating, Loop!Station, and Matmos

The first two acts were fantastic!  Check them out Zoe does looped cello and Loop Station is looped cello and looped vocals.  Matmos was just your average techno.  I really need to get a t-shirt that says "You and a laptop do not equal a band" The projection artist for Matmos was pretty cool though.

sociald1077

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +129/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 11:24:59 PM »

I want to get 10 in this year, unfortunately, my first for the year was canceled. Slayer and Megadeth canceled due to Tom Ayara needing surgery. Hopefully they come back soon.
"Guns don't kill people! PHYSICS kill people!" - Dick Soloman

pbsaurus

• Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2010, 06:38:05 PM »

1/7/10 at Cafe Du Nord in San Francisco--Stripmall Architecture performing The Music of This Mortal Coil, Foxtail Somersault who did a mean cover of Cannonball, and Vir
2.  1/9/10 at Bottom of the Hill in San Francisco--Fleshies and Trainwreck Riders I missed the first two bands.
3.  1/16/10 at The San Francisco Museum Of Modern Art--Zoe Keating, Loop!Station, and Matmos

4.  2/3/10 at Bottom of the Hill in San Francisco--The Downer Party, The Hot Toddies, Tempo No Tempo, and Fighting The Villian
5.  2/19/10 at the Retox Lounge in San Francisco--Stripmall Architecture, Bella Lune, and The Razor Skyline

pbsaurus

• Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2010, 03:03:51 PM »

1. 1/7/10 at Cafe Du Nord in San Francisco--Stripmall Architecture performing The Music of This Mortal Coil, Foxtail Somersault who did a mean cover of Cannonball, and Vir
2.  1/9/10 at Bottom of the Hill in San Francisco--Fleshies and Trainwreck Riders I missed the first two bands.
3.  1/16/10 at The San Francisco Museum Of Modern Art--Zoe Keating, Loop!Station, and Matmos
4.  2/3/10 at Bottom of the Hill in San Francisco--The Downer Party, The Hot Toddies, Tempo No Tempo, and Fighting The Villian
5.  2/19/10 at the Retox Lounge in San Francisco--Stripmall Architecture, Bella Lune, and The Razor Skyline

6.  3/3/10 at the Bottom of the Hill San Francisco--Jello Biafra and the Guantanamo School of Medicine, Fracas, and ABU GHRAIB (the band)

pbsaurus

• Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2010, 05:06:41 AM »

1. 1/7/10 at Cafe Du Nord in San Francisco--Stripmall Architecture performing The Music of This Mortal Coil, Foxtail Somersault who did a mean cover of Cannonball, and Vir
3.  1/16/10 at The San Francisco Museum Of Modern Art--Zoe Keating, Loop!Station, and Matmos
4.  2/3/10 at Bottom of the Hill in San Francisco--The Downer Party, The Hot Toddies, Tempo No Tempo, and Fighting The Villian
5.  2/19/10 at the Retox Lounge in San Francisco--Stripmall Architecture, Bella Lune, and The Razor Skyline
6.  3/3/10 at the Bottom of the Hill San Francisco--Jello Biafra and the Guantanamo School of Medicine, Fracas, and ABU GHRAIB (the band)

7.  3/7/10 at the Catalyst in Santa Cruz--Igor and the Red Elvises and Tornado Rider

Fantastic show.  The Red Elvises are always a blast but I love their new line up.  Milka is a fantastic addition.  Love her scat vocals.  Kfir is a wonderful bassist and Tina is a nice addition too.  I do miss Elena though.  Tornado Rider were awesome.  Imagine Peter Pan taking his cello, adding electric pick-ups, adding a strap and totally rocking out.  I really had a blast tonight.  And Tuesday I'll be seeing Mike Watt!  Then the week after Victim's Family for their re-release of White Bread Blues.  This is already shaping up to be an incredible year for music.

KennethLarsen

• Annoying Newbie
  • Coolio Points: +4/-1
    • View Profile
    • My band, Mañana
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 04:13:47 PM »

2.-5. July I'm going to Roskilde Festival.  :-D

pbsaurus

• Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2010, 04:26:24 PM »

7.  3/7/10 at the Catalyst in Santa Cruz--Igor and the Red Elvises and Tornado Rider

8.  3/9/10 at the Bottom of the Hill in San Francisco--Mike Watt and his Missing Men, Lite (from Tokyo Japan), and

Mike Watt was awesome.  He had special guest saxophonist Steve McKaye with him last night.

Demosthenes

• Evil Ex-HN Moderator
  • Administrator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +567/-72
  • Just try me. See what happens.
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2010, 04:48:27 PM »

I'm going to see the Cowboy Junkies at the Paramount Theatre in St. Cloud on March 20th!    :mrgreen:

Coolio Points: 89,000,998,776,554,211,222
Detta Puzzle Points: 45

Banning forum idiots since 2001

Vespertine

• The VSUBjugator
  • Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +371/-38
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2010, 11:40:52 AM »

I'm taking myself to the symphony in a couple weeks...they're playing Star Wars.  I couldn't be more excited, and I suppose that means I couldn't be a bigger nerd.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass.  And, I'm all out of bubble gum.

pbsaurus

• Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2010, 01:43:19 PM »

7.  3/7/10 at the Catalyst in Santa Cruz--Igor and the Red Elvises and Tornado Rider
8.  3/9/10 at the Bottom of the Hill in San Francisco--Mike Watt and his Missing Men, Lite (from Tokyo Japan), and

9.  3/18/10 at the Bottom of the Hill in San Francisco--Victims Family, The Bar Feeders, and Polar Bears

VF were amazing.  They played for almost two hours and went through probably about 40 of their songs.  Mostly from their first three albums.  Ralph introduced them as, "We're Victims Family, and we're from the 80s".  Anyway now that it's 2010, I have seen them play in four different decades!  Last night was their record release show for White Bread Blues 20th Anniversary Edition.  Remastered and out on heavy blue vinyl (includes the CD plus a booklet with old flyers and other stuff)

pbsaurus

• Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2010, 07:52:29 PM »

7.  3/7/10 at the Catalyst in Santa Cruz--Igor and the Red Elvises and Tornado Rider
8.  3/9/10 at the Bottom of the Hill in San Francisco--Mike Watt and his Missing Men, Lite (from Tokyo Japan), and
9.  3/18/10 at the Bottom of the Hill in San Francisco--Victims Family, The Bar Feeders, and Polar Bears

10.  3/25/10 at the Rickshaw Stop in San Francisco--Garotas Suecas, Lumerians, and Greg Ashley 

The Lumerians were awesome!

11.  4/4/10 at the Bottom of the Hill in San Francisco record release show for Triclops! new LP Helpers on the Other Side--Triclops!, Comedian Alex Koll (hilarious), Comedian Brent Weinbach, and I missed the three opening bands do to the show's early start (5pm all ages show but I had familial obligations).  Anyhow having comedians at a concert is a brilliant idea.  Triclops! were fantastic as always and I've been listening to the new album all day.  These guys are kind of in their own genre, think Tool with experimental vocals and noises, with a kick ass rhythm section with some acid jazz thrown in and you might come close.

Well I'm already up to 11 and only a quarter of the year is over.

pbsaurus

• Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2010, 01:34:22 AM »

I saw Ig and the Stooges the eve of his 60th birthday a couple of years ago.  Excellent show!  Get your tickets now!

12AX7

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2010, 01:46:22 AM »

pbsaurus

• Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2010, 01:47:40 AM »

The dude is amazing.

pbsaurus

• Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2010, 05:44:34 PM »

8.  3/9/10 at the Bottom of the Hill in San Francisco--Mike Watt and his Missing Men, Lite (from Tokyo Japan), and
9.  3/18/10 at the Bottom of the Hill in San Francisco--Victims Family, The Bar Feeders, and Polar Bears
10.  3/25/10 at the Rickshaw Stop in San Francisco--Garotas Suecas, Lumerians, and Greg Ashley 
11.  4/4/10 at the Bottom of the Hill in San Francisco record release show for Triclops! new LP Helpers on the Other Side--Triclops!, Comedian Alex Koll (hilarious), Comedian Brent Weinbach, and I missed the three opening bands do to the show's early start (5pm all ages show but I had familial obligations).  Anyhow having comedians at a concert is a brilliant idea.  Triclops! were fantastic as always and I've been listening to the new album all day.  These guys are kind of in their own genre, think Tool with experimental vocals and noises, with a kick ass rhythm section with some acid jazz thrown in and you might come close.

12.  4/23/10 at Cafe Du Nord in San Francisco, record release show for Stripmall Architecture's new CD Feather Songs for Factory Girls--Stripmall Architecture, Geographer, and Delle Vellum

pbsaurus

• Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2010, 01:15:17 PM »

9.  3/18/10 at the Bottom of the Hill in San Francisco--Victims Family, The Bar Feeders, and Polar Bears
10.  3/25/10 at the Rickshaw Stop in San Francisco--Garotas Suecas, Lumerians, and Greg Ashley
11.  4/4/10 at the Bottom of the Hill in San Francisco record release show for Triclops! new LP Helpers on the Other Side--Triclops!, Comedian Alex Koll (hilarious), Comedian Brent Weinbach, and I missed the three opening bands do to the show's early start (5pm all ages show but I had familial obligations).  Anyhow having comedians at a concert is a brilliant idea.  Triclops! were fantastic as always and I've been listening to the new album all day.  These guys are kind of in their own genre, think Tool with experimental vocals and noises, with a kick ass rhythm section with some acid jazz thrown in and you might come close.
12.  4/23/10 at Cafe Du Nord in San Francisco, record release show for Stripmall Architecture's new CD Feather Songs for Factory Girls--Stripmall Architecture, Geographer, and Delle Vellum
13.  6/5/10 at The Uptown in Oakland--The Downer Party, The Definite Articles, Sentinel, and some other band that I didn't catch the name.

reimero

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +112/-5
    • View Profile
    • http://www.omgjonx.com
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2010, 08:35:47 AM »

I'm planning to see Rush in Chicago on July 5.
"This f*cker is in wisconsin, reimero is from awesomeland." - Bobert

pbsaurus

• Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2010, 05:47:23 PM »

10.  3/25/10 at the Rickshaw Stop in San Francisco--Garotas Suecas, Lumerians, and Greg Ashley
11.  4/4/10 at the Bottom of the Hill in San Francisco record release show for Triclops! new LP Helpers on the Other Side--Triclops!, Comedian Alex Koll (hilarious), Comedian Brent Weinbach, and I missed the three opening bands do to the show's early start (5pm all ages show but I had familial obligations).  Anyhow having comedians at a concert is a brilliant idea.  Triclops! were fantastic as always and I've been listening to the new album all day.  These guys are kind of in their own genre, think Tool with experimental vocals and noises, with a kick ass rhythm section with some acid jazz thrown in and you might come close.
12.  4/23/10 at Cafe Du Nord in San Francisco, record release show for Stripmall Architecture's new CD Feather Songs for Factory Girls--Stripmall Architecture, Geographer, and Delle Vellum
13.  6/5/10 at The Uptown in Oakland--The Downer Party, The Definite Articles, Sentinel, and some other band that I didn't catch the name.

14.  6/16/10 WomenROCK's 4th Anniversary Celebration @ THE INDEPENDENT--Stripmall Architecture, Bernadette, Ziva, Conspiracy of Venus, Cheese Puffs, Piano Fight, and Scorpio Blues

pbsaurus

• Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2010, 01:00:45 PM »

12.  4/23/10 at Cafe Du Nord in San Francisco, record release show for Stripmall Architecture's new CD Feather Songs for Factory Girls--Stripmall Architecture, Geographer, and Delle Vellum
13.  6/5/10 at The Uptown in Oakland--The Downer Party, The Definite Articles, Sentinel, and some other band that I didn't catch the name.
14.  6/16/10 WomenROCK's 4th Anniversary Celebration @ THE INDEPENDENT--Stripmall Architecture, Bernadette, Ziva, Conspiracy of Venus, Cheese Puffs, Piano Fight, and Scorpio Blues

15.  6/19/10 at Homestead Lanes in Cupertino--The Hot Toddies, The Albert Square, Please Do Not Fight, and The Like Me's

pbsaurus

• Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2010, 06:21:56 PM »

13.  6/5/10 at The Uptown in Oakland--The Downer Party, The Definite Articles, Sentinel, and some other band that I didn't catch the name.
14.  6/16/10 WomenROCK's 4th Anniversary Celebration @ THE INDEPENDENT--Stripmall Architecture, Bernadette, Ziva, Conspiracy of Venus, Cheese Puffs, Piano Fight, and Scorpio Blues
15.  6/19/10 at Homestead Lanes in Cupertino--The Hot Toddies, The Albert Square, Please Do Not Fight, and The Like Me's

16.  7/18/10 at the Milk Bar in SF--Stripmall Architecture, Silver Swans, and Foreign Cinema
17.  7/19/10 at Moe's Alley in Santa Cruz--Red Elvises just them.  They played two sets about 2.5 hours total.  Their best lineup to date with Milka, Elena, Igor, Oleg and Kyle.  Do yourself a favour and catch them when they come near you.

pbsaurus

• Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2010, 06:38:23 PM »

14.  6/16/10 WomenROCK's 4th Anniversary Celebration @ THE INDEPENDENT--Stripmall Architecture, Bernadette, Ziva, Conspiracy of Venus, Cheese Puffs, Piano Fight, and Scorpio Blues
15.  6/19/10 at Homestead Lanes in Cupertino--The Hot Toddies, The Albert Square, Please Do Not Fight, and The Like Me's
16.  7/18/10 at the Milk Bar in SF--Stripmall Architecture, Silver Swans, and Foreign Cinema
17.  7/19/10 at Moe's Alley in Santa Cruz--Red Elvises just them.  They played two sets about 2.5 hours total.  Their best lineup to date with Milka, Elena, Igor, Oleg and Kyle.  Do yourself a favour and catch them when they come near you.

18.  7/24/10 at Center for Performing Arts in Walnut Creek--The Sippy Cups
Pages: [1] 2