The Geek Forum

• May 13, 2024, 05:43:52 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to the prolific nature of these forums, poster aggression is advised.

Recent Forum Posts

Shout Box

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 129629
  • Total Topics: 7187
  • Online Today: 191
  • Online Ever: 1013
  • (January 12, 2023, 01:18:11 AM)

Author Topic: Any Day of Defeat players here?  (Read 3037 times)

Anonymous

Any Day of Defeat players here?
« on: March 17, 2003, 02:05:28 PM »

I'm building a DoD map. Here's some screenies:

****Moved to a few posts bellow********

Anonymous

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2003, 03:41:19 PM »

Angelfire.com doesn't allow for hotlinking. You might want to email me with them for hosting, and I also might want to install the upload hack for this forum when I have the chance.

Demosthenes

• Evil Ex-HN Moderator
  • Administrator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +567/-72
  • Just try me. See what happens.
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2003, 03:55:04 PM »

You know, the first time I came into this thread, I saw all of those images just fine....

Coolio Points: 89,000,998,776,554,211,222
Detta Puzzle Points: 45

Banning forum idiots since 2001

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2003, 08:24:59 AM »

Yeah, they cancelled my account (AGAIN!) about 30 minutes after I had posted the thing. I will repost using the slower crappy host until Chris gets the attachment mod setup.

As you can see, some textures are screwed up but I will correct them eventually. I will also add a lot of items through out the map, like crates and amo boxes, perhaps a few missiles in the bunker, etc... Basicly stuff to give you cover and add to the overall experience. A few more buildings will help too.
I am toying with the idea of making two spwans for each team. So when you respawn, you could end up a different locations in the map. But spawn camping may become a problem then. I'll try it out and see I guess.

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2003, 09:10:32 AM »

Map is ready for beta testing! I've decided to make it a nigt map since there are very few DoD night maps currently. I have fixed textures and added more stuff to the environement (crates, office, firelace, etc...) This is the latest screenshots:

Like it?

HeavyJay

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +72/-1
  • Gorn Tamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2003, 06:22:24 AM »

Never even heard of the game   :oops:  What's it like/about?

I might be interested in playing sometime.
"Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!" -- JR "Bob" Dobbs

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2003, 07:12:03 AM »

It's a half life mod. It's free as long as you have a copy of halflife or Counter-strike. It's based on World War II. So it's an on-line multiplayer game only. You can join 2 teams (Axis or Allies) and each team has various classes you can pick. Thet determines your equipment (primary weapon, secondary weapon, number of grenades, etc). It's a lot different than counter-strike. They have more features in it. For example, you have a stamina bar so you can't run for too long, and you can't jump over and over. When the bar get's to zero, you can only walk slowly and can't jump. You can also lie prone, or drag your self around the map. Most maps are capture the flag style. The cool thing is that if you get killed, you respawn back to the starting point in just a few seconds. So Unlike CS, you don't have to wait around and bitch at the two campers that are left while you anxiously wait for the round to end. The game engine itslef is like five years old so it's not the best graphics in the world, but it's pretty intense gameplay. They are releasing a new version soon. They have redone all the animations and models, added more weapons, added Brits, ect. Find more info on that version of DoD here

HeavyJay

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +72/-1
  • Gorn Tamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2003, 11:21:29 AM »

Oooh.

"j00 camping fag!!1"
"Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!" -- JR "Bob" Dobbs