The Geek Forum

• April 28, 2024, 01:54:19 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to the prolific nature of these forums, poster aggression is advised.

Recent Forum Posts

Shout Box

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 129555
  • Total Topics: 7152
  • Online Today: 189
  • Online Ever: 1013
  • (January 12, 2023, 01:18:11 AM)
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Boycott French Wines  (Read 21320 times)

ligoushka

that's the problem
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2003, 08:31:51 AM »

Quote from: TheJudge
Canada is in hot water at the moment for their lack of participation. The opposition leader is constantly bitchin at Chretien, the US sent a representative who also very directly pointed out that they were very dissapointed and frustrated. Bush is thinking about cancelleing his planned bisit to Canada. He's got bigger fish to fry. The Amercians are pissed at us and a lotr of them will try to find substitutes for canadian products un the US. Unless Jean moves his ass, there are going to be severe economical impacts on our export business with the US i.e. 80% of all our exports... This can't be good for us.

You're wright and that's a real problem, they pay some countries, they boycott some ofthers and they fight the others... sure they know how to have allied !
A free russian.

Anonymous

Boycott French Wines
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2003, 09:55:02 AM »

It would help if our politicians would stop saying "Screw the americans" thinking no one will hear them. Because it bites them the ass right back and we suffer the consequense. It's just unprofessional.

snyperx

• Professional Blogger
  • Coolio Points: +0/-1
    • View Profile
Boycott French Wines
« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2003, 10:27:03 AM »

It comes back, bites the Canadians in the ass, and then that bites the Americans in the ass sooner or later.  We're all assmunchers then?  :roll:
"Ohhh! That is almost sig quote material.... almost!" - The Judge

Anonymous

Boycott French Wines
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2003, 10:32:01 AM »

How does it bite the americans in the ass sooner or later?

snyperx

• Professional Blogger
    • View Profile
Boycott French Wines
« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2003, 10:44:22 AM »

We'll end up loosing allies over it.

TerrorDronze

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +22/-10
  • I'm not narcissistic, I'm just awesome.
    • View Profile
Boycott French Wines
« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2003, 11:55:11 AM »

here's an idea, and it'll end all "wars" (the iraq thingee is nothing more than a glorified police action).  just launch every nuke in every arsenal in the world.  There, no more wars, no more violence, no more anything.  Face it, humanity is very prone to violence.  I believe RATM put it best when he said "Violence in all hands, embrace it if need be" (war within a breath, "Battle of los angeles").  My solution may not strike a chord with everyone, but face it, the eradication of mankind is the only way to end all wars.  it's either now or later, we all know it'll happen eventually.
Wait, so the might-be-a-bot isn't dead?!

Anonymous

Boycott French Wines
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2003, 12:17:14 PM »

So genocide of the human race is your solution to ending wars? That's like saying if you have a problem, kill yourself. You won't have that problem anymore. It works, but it's really not the best solution.

snyperx

• Professional Blogger
    • View Profile
Boycott French Wines
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2003, 12:55:03 PM »

Get the world high as hell, no one will want to fight.

TerrorDronze

• Hacker
    • View Profile
Boycott French Wines
« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2003, 10:19:03 AM »

the suicide thing is a different angle on it, and the getting high part might not be so bad, but face it, so long as there's religion, money, land, or people, there will always be war.  There will always be that dispute that goes just a little too far.  i'll give you that my political views can be a little...... over the top, but face it, having humanity give up war is like having humanity give up computers.  It's possible, but the likeliness of it happening are so slim, you couldn't pack a pentium 4 logic gate onto it edge-wise, hear what i'm saying?  I don't see why governments don't stop dicking around and just go for it.  All these "Wars" we're fighting, and to be totally honest, the US hasn't fought a war since world war 2, in case you didn't realize that.  Korea, Vietnam, Persian Gulf, all of these, like our current campaign in Iraq, were police actions.  Everyone calls them wars, though.  They were wars for other people that our post World War 2 McCarthy-ist think-that-we're-the-ones-responsible-for-the-dealings-of-the-rest-of-the-world-and-yet-we-neglect-the-lowest-portion-of-the-population-here view on geopolitics.  If we want to end all this stuff, then the solution i suggested before is the only way it will end up happening.

Anonymous

Boycott French Wines
« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2003, 10:48:24 AM »

Saying it's the only is a little overstated. Use your imagination. For example, suppose the whole world had one single legal system, and the same laws applied for everyone. If any of the laws are broken, then the is a punishement. The catch is that there can only be one punishment: death. So you would have patrols with lethal injections walking around. If they see someone kill someone, they inject him. If they see someone walking on grass where there is a sign "do not step on grass" present, they inject him. I think that would be a possible way to avoid wars without whipping out humanity. Make the rules the same for everyone, make the punishement the same for everyone and for every crime. Enforce the punishment. Done. And it's good for the economy because there are little legal cost, no prisons to maintain, no animals to feed, etc. Of coures this isn't likely to happen, but I'm sure some poeple could think of ways to prevent wars while mantaining human life.

French Citizen

Boycott French Wine is could for France and bad for USA
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2003, 05:23:27 PM »

Dear old American Friend,

As French Citizen, I would like to refresh your historical memory. Do you know which army allow American Citizens to have their independance : French Navy in Yorktown battle. And when French People ask for help to American Army for its own revolution for freedom where was the american citizens ?

Do you know how many French soldiers were killed during the WWI : more then 2 millions !
Do you know how many French Soldiers were ingaged during WWII ? One of my Grand Father participate to the WWII in American Bombardiers called Marauder.

Do you know that our french army participate to the first Gulf War in 1991 because Saddam Hussein invade koweit ?

So try to understand our position and our history before boycotting our french wine.

But the more you boycott french wine the less your economy create added value because you penalize your own restaurant, distributor and depatment store.

The more you boycott, the less expensive are French Wine and the more we export to other country and the less you export your own californian wine.

Best Regards,

A French Citizen

MISTER MASSACRE

• Lady Modmalade
  • Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +292/-17
  • inhaling chalk in the old school
    • View Profile
    • twittery
Boycott French Wines
« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2003, 09:01:36 PM »

Don't listen to him! Remember, citizens always agree completely with their country's actions, so they're ALL COLLUDING! Put the blame squarely on the shoulders of your small businesses!

BOYCOTTS MAKE SO MUCH SENSE!
 :roll:

Binoboy

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +5/-1
    • View Profile
Boycott French Wines
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2003, 11:40:07 PM »

I learned pro-war types reeeeally DON'T know how to protest when I read of a bunch of upper crust corporate leeches (in suits of course) BOUGHT about 90 bottles of French wine and.... bear with me here- poured them into the sewer.

On a similar note, wouldn't a "boycott" be, say, NOT buying something? As opposed to just renaming it? I guess that would require certain greasy, slovenly rednecks to put DOWN their fries; a fate worse than death for these large people.
To die, to sleep; To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub... Ha ha! ...'Rub'!

TerrorDronze

• Hacker
    • View Profile
Boycott French Wines
« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2003, 12:10:36 PM »

if you're gonna dump it in the sewer anyway, why not drink it first?

that's one in each forum, do i win now?

French Citizen

Paranoïa
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2003, 04:59:01 PM »

Quote from: Lacerda
Don't listen to him! Remember, citizens always agree completely with their country's actions, so they're ALL COLLUDING! Put the blame squarely on the shoulders of your small businesses!

BOYCOTTS MAKE SO MUCH SENSE!
 :roll:

Dear old american friend,

Don't be so paranoid. Your world is not invaded by colluding French. We are like american people. One of my brother in law leave in Boston and is pro-war and I respect its opinion because of 11 september. And if you live in Democracy and if you believe in Freedom let French having their own opinion and try to understand their opinion. Have you heard about terrorism attacks in Europe during the 90's with hundred dead people ? I'm not sure ? That's why we believe that war is not a solution because after 1991 Gulf War the Arabic people decided to bomb European country partly because of our participation to the Gulf war.

So if you don't want to have new terrorism attacks stop the war.

Best Regards

a French Citizen

Anonymous

Boycott French Wines
« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2003, 05:05:16 PM »

To be realistic, the war will only end once the objective is accomplished for te simple reason that the US has invested too much money in it at this point and "cancelling" the whole thing would be a bad business decision. Money talks. Bullshit walks. That's life my friend.

French Citizen

Money talks
« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2003, 05:27:35 PM »

Quote from: TheJudge
To be realistic, the war will only end once the objective is accomplished for te simple reason that the US has invested too much money in it at this point and "cancelling" the whole thing would be a bad business decision. Money talks. Bullshit walks. That's life my friend.

My dear old fellow,

I prefer this kind of realistic explanation of Bush, Blair and my poor French President Chirac position : which Oil Companies have interests in Iraqi war : Exxon, Mobil, British Petroleum (Dutch/British company) and Shell because they don't have enough contract with Irak. Total (french oil company) and Luckoil (Russia) have contracts.

Best Regards and good night from France.

a French Citizen

Anonymous

Boycott French Wines
« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2003, 06:20:14 PM »

Thanks for proving my point. It's all about $$$. But if it also leads to disarming saddam, removing saddam and freeing the iraqis, then I'm all for it. And I wouldn't mind lower gas prices either to be frank.

MISTER MASSACRE

• Lady Modmalade
  • Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +292/-17
  • inhaling chalk in the old school
    • View Profile
    • twittery
Re: Paranoïa
« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2003, 09:09:30 PM »

Quote from: French Citizen

Dear old american friend,

Don't be so paranoid. Your world is not invaded by colluding French. We are like american people. One of my brother in law leave in Boston and is pro-war and I respect its opinion because of 11 september. And if you live in Democracy and if you believe in Freedom let French having their own opinion and try to understand their opinion. Have you heard about terrorism attacks in Europe during the 90's with hundred dead people ? I'm not sure ? That's why we believe that war is not a solution because after 1991 Gulf War the Arabic people decided to bomb European country partly because of our participation to the Gulf war.

So if you don't want to have new terrorism attacks stop the war.

Best Regards

a French Citizen

Hee hee...language barrier. I'm being sarcastic, ol' bean. And I'm Canadian, not American.
 :wink:

French Man

Crime does not pay
« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2003, 04:00:57 AM »

1- All the devloped nations are responsable of the terrorism in the world...
2- Irak is not a menace for the world, theire arms are insignifiante....
3- When some certain americans said that USA have libarate the
    france in 1945 they forgive to said why...It's not for freedom or our
    lovely eyes, but for money (At this time the france having many
    debts to US and if the german will have win the war the France
    will be annexed by them and the US will lost their money) and
    because the devellopement of the V2 missiles could be dangerouse
    for USA...
4- Quand on mort les nobles au jaret ce sont les paysants qui sont
    pris a la gorge...(If somebody can translate it for me.)
5-Who is is the real terrorist ??? I think that's ours gouvernements that
   create misery to assuring our confortable lifes
    (20% of the world population consume 80% of the world ressources...)
6- Chirac is not a hero, he just prepare his futur elections...If he do an
    error if he not reelected he go in prison...
7- Any war could be a "Saint War" !!!
8- If you seach a lot you could be see that this war is not against terrorism
    or for assuring the energetic authonomy of USA, but only for money
    (more precisely in the interest of the Bush familly and their friends...)
9- We are all lovely bugs that work for them and their confort...
    We are the slaves of ours society's...
10-Derrière toute grande fortune se cache un grand crime...
     Back all big fortune to hide a big crime ( the traduction could not be
     exact...)
11-I love Americans, i HATE the war, I HATE bush and all the personnes
     that make money with the war...

.French man.

Quesqui est le plus dur ?
D'être manipuler ?
Où de savoir qu'on l'est ?

Binoboy

• Hacker
    • View Profile
Boycott French Wines
« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2003, 02:47:08 PM »

"Saint War"? Is that really what you guys called it?
Well I guess it's idiomatic. In Japanese, "daitenshi" means archangel but literally translates to "Great Angel".
To die, to sleep; To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub... Ha ha! ...'Rub'!

Binoboy

• Hacker
    • View Profile
Boycott French Wines
« Reply #71 on: April 02, 2003, 03:00:33 PM »

Babelfish?

groumf

my god !
« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2003, 09:01:07 AM »

Quote from: Binoboy
Well I guess it's idiomatic. In Japanese, "daitenshi" means archangel but literally translates to "Great Angel".

It's only a humanitarian war make with humanitarian weapons by humanitarian soldiers and declare by a great humanitarian! Isn't it?

Binoboy

• Hacker
    • View Profile
Re: my god !
« Reply #73 on: April 05, 2003, 11:30:15 AM »

Quote from: groumf
Quote from: Binoboy

It's only a humanitarian war make with humanitarian weapons by humanitarian soldiers and declare by a great humanitarian! Isn't it?

Mwahaha, I hafta remember that one. Muchos gracias, Pierrot le Fou. (The best episode of Cowboy Bebop= that one)
Pages: 1 2 [3]