The Geek Forum

• March 28, 2024, 05:21:33 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to the prolific nature of these forums, poster aggression is advised.

Recent Forum Posts

Shout Box

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 129470
  • Total Topics: 7101
  • Online Today: 54
  • Online Ever: 1013
  • (January 12, 2023, 01:18:11 AM)

Author Topic: How to become an internet millionaire  (Read 8941 times)

Chris

• Administrator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +286/-8
  • IT'S A TARP
    • View Profile
    • The Geekery
How to become an internet millionaire
« on: May 31, 2008, 12:29:39 AM »

URL: http://www.gotthegeek.com/content/view/221/1/

Here's how you become a millionaire online: You don't.

I've said this before and I'll say it again: The internet is a great place. It's a great place because not only can you obtain information that would be almost impossible to obtain without the invention of the internet, but it's also great because you can mask who you are in real life. Almost instantly you can go from being a fat 27-year-old male who enjoys playing D & D in his parent's basement with his other loser friends to being a successful 27-year-old business entrepreneur who is soon to start his own venture and enjoys lifting weights and going to beach in his free time... You know, a real man’s man. Oh, did I mention he also drives around in a brand new BMW?

There are thousands of people that have put together websites online that claim to sell you their sure-shot methods to making hundreds, thousands, and even millions of dollars online so as long as you buy their stupid e-book that will tell you how to do it step-by-step. I don't buy that, though. (No pun intended, guys.)

Instead, in this article I'm not going to tell you how to make millions online, I'm going to outline how you can make yourself look like an online millionaire - for free! These methods are tried and true - more than half of all online millionaires use these methods to make it look like they are rich each and everyday. You know, it's kind of like putting a rolled up sock in your pants. It's alright until it's time to show the goods for real.

1. Put together a semi-professional looking site:
The first step in the process of becoming an online millionaire is establishing an online presence. In doing so, avoid site designs similar to this. Sites that are designed like that give me the impression that the designer simply took their Microsoft Word document and used the "Save as web page" function in order to generate HTML coding to slap on their web server. And that's assuming that they know how to even login to their web server's FTP site. Having a sleek web design, a fast loading page, and a catchy logo will help to ensure your readers believe that you are in fact a true internet millionaire.

2. Create a catchy name, logo, and slogan:
This almost goes without saying: Every major organization in business today has their very own unique logo and slogan that they use to achieve brand awareness. Your fake organization should be no different. Take the time  to come up with a catchy name for your internet fortune, as well as a logo that will be sure to stick in your reader’s heads, and a slogan that will make them think, “Man, I wish I thought of that first!” If your logo is good enough you might be able to print it on t-shirts and have readers buy them off of you. If you’re really lucky you might be able to get a few hot females to send you back pictures of them wearing your logo. But don’t get your hopes up.

3. Make yourself sound credible:
When you go to a doctor's office 9 times out of 10 you see the diploma's and the certifications of the doctor hanging on the wall. You need to employ the same tactics online in order for people to believe that you know what you're talking about.

Create an "About" page on your site and list reasons why people should listen to what you have to say. Make up a fake story about how you almost didn't finish college because you were short on cash but were able to finish due to your online endeavourers. Tell your readers that you have been published in Time Magazine as well as the New York Times - they're not going to know whether or not you're telling the truth. Doing this will establish that you are a well established millionaire in the industry and they'll want to listen to what you have to say because, well, they read it on the internet, so it must be true.

4. Post fake pictures of your fake possessions:
This is possibly the most important part to becoming an online millionaire. In order to show the rest of the internet that you really have wealth and have bought items with your wealth, you need to show the internet the fruits of your labor. Use Google Image search to find images of two high priced cars, a nice house with an in ground swimming pool, and a few pictures of a home office that you can call yours. Be sure that they go together. You don't want to use a picture of a house surrounded by snow, and then two pictures of cars with snow around the wheel well.

5. Write believable success stories:
This might be easier said than done for those who don't have the ability to write clearly, but it will certainly seal the deal in terms of having your readers believe that you really are an internet millionaire. In order to get a feel for how it's done by the pros, browse through other millionaire sites and look at their success stories. Notice how they list specific dates, numbers, and other data throughout the page. Pretty convincing, right? These pieces of data are crucial when it comes to getting the attention of your audience.

Instead of telling your audience how you simply increased ad revenue on your website, tell them how "In the last three months I have been able to increase my Google AdSense earnings from 50 cents a day to 500 dollars a day by positioning my ads in better locations, adjusting the color pallets that they use, and the key words that I am targeting in my content." Stating your findings in this manner will more than likely get your readers to want to know more about how you did it. Obviously when they are done reading what you have written, you want them to believe that you're indeed an internet millionaire.

6. Mention a staff that you employ:
...But of course don't actually employ. Any real multi-million dollar organization has to have more than one person operating it, right? So why should your business be any different? If you need to, search Google for a random name generator to obtain names that are unique but still believable. Next, create email addresses for all of them that all forward to your own email account this way you don't miss out on anything. If required, post a few articles here and there from each of your fake staff members in order to make the ploy seem more believable to your readers. But be careful; don't use the same mannerisms and styles of writing for all your staff members. Observant readers may catch on to your tactics and expose you to the rest of the world.

jimmi

• Jail Bait
  • Coolio Points: +3/-11
  • i like girls.
    • View Profile
    • Remember This Thing
Re: How to become an internet millionaire
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 06:07:54 PM »

Great! Now I can look like a millionaire and still make no money whatsoever =p I might as well do something with this information.
war
1. The preferred state of being for the United States under a Republican president as it is easier to promote patriotism, loyalty, fear, and self-censorship among the civilian population.