The Geek Forum

• March 28, 2024, 04:44:41 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to the prolific nature of these forums, poster aggression is advised.

Recent Forum Posts

Shout Box

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 129468
  • Total Topics: 7101
  • Online Today: 48
  • Online Ever: 1013
  • (January 12, 2023, 01:18:11 AM)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: The Dream Journal  (Read 25822 times)

Demosthenes

• Evil Ex-HN Moderator
  • Administrator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +567/-72
  • Just try me. See what happens.
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
Re: The Dream Journal
« Reply #100 on: February 04, 2015, 10:27:59 PM »

That would make a great movie starring Seth Rogen.

Coolio Points: 89,000,998,776,554,211,222
Detta Puzzle Points: 45

Banning forum idiots since 2001

zorgon

• Jail Bait
  • Coolio Points: +70/-1
  • His *brain* is gone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 06, 2015, 06:24:53 PM »

I remember only a few things about my dream last night, which was a very bad night that nucleated a migraine. I accidentally broke a friend's guitar, whoops. And later on in the dream his wife very cheerily told me that her other hobby was throwing pianos, and there was something really satisfying about breaking a piano and having it implode from the spring tension.
Dammit, Jim ...

Jaepheth

• Computer Whore
  • Coolio Points: +114/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 12, 2015, 06:01:29 PM »

Dreamt I was at work...

Which sucks because it lulls me into not suspecting anything's out of place and then I oversleep, have to wake up, and GO TO WORK!

I'm sorry, but the number you have dialed is imaginary. Please rotate the phone by 90 degrees and try again.

Jaepheth

• Computer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 08, 2015, 05:43:31 PM »

Had another post apocalypse dream.

This time no zombies, but the only people left were x-men/heroes type people with super powers.

I was the Rogue/Sylar character hunting down and absorbing others' powers.

This one lady had the ability to freeze stuff, and her hands had the withered bony fingertip look from Bioshock's fire ability.

She ran into a building and locked the door; then taunted me through the double pane glass...

I reached through the glass, my hands passing through like the barrier wasn't even there, and ripped out her soul... it was pretty brutal.

I'm sorry, but the number you have dialed is imaginary. Please rotate the phone by 90 degrees and try again.

Jaepheth

• Computer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 18, 2015, 12:24:13 PM »

Dreamt my girlfriend and I were mice and we were driving an RC car to Oklahoma.

We wanted some bananas for some reason so we stopped by a Home Depot and were pondering if wood glue would be a close enough substitute :?

Demosthenes

• Evil Ex-HN Moderator
  • Administrator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +567/-72
  • Just try me. See what happens.
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
« Reply #105 on: April 20, 2015, 09:33:00 PM »

I was driving my old 1982 Buick LeSabre and I was working with a couple of other people on a surveillance operation, like the ones I did when I worked IRL as a PI back when I had this same car in Virginia in the mid-90s.

We subcontracted counter-surveillance (which was common those days) to a couple of locals, and one of them was telling me frantically my car had been made by our mark and the cops were onto us.  I was going from window to window and I couldn't see the cops.

I said "fuck it" and got my team together and we left anyway, and nobody ended up following us.  I had one of my cohorts driving my car and I was watching for tails.  We were completely clean and we moved on to our mark without a scratch.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 09:37:38 PM by Demosthenes »

Coolio Points: 89,000,998,776,554,211,222
Detta Puzzle Points: 45

Banning forum idiots since 2001

pbsaurus

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +354/-31
  • Everyone Loves The King Of The Sea
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/flipperpete
« Reply #106 on: April 22, 2015, 12:37:28 PM »

I was a Lyon's Restaurant Manager again and so was Chris Hardwick and we were one upping each other on how hard we were working.  Pretty bizarre but that's about all I remember.

Jaepheth

• Computer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 21, 2015, 09:00:38 AM »

The only part of last night's dream that I remember was that I got some ice cream, but when I looked into my bowl it turns out that there was already hummus and salsa in the bowl...

So it ruined both the ice cream and the hummus.

I feel traumatized.

pbsaurus

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +354/-31
  • Everyone Loves The King Of The Sea
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/flipperpete
« Reply #108 on: November 23, 2015, 02:06:48 PM »

I dreamed of a better way to tweak the test data for a UAT.  Ended up saving me about an hour this morning.

Jaepheth

• Computer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 06, 2016, 04:20:18 AM »

I forget why, but there was a woman we jailed. Her husband somehow just walked in while the guard was away and spoke to her while she was in the cell. The topic was revenge.

So he goes home; follows whatever instructions she gave him, and winds up taking the arresting officer and a few others including myself hostage.

The revenge plan somehow involves cooking something, so there's a bunch of pots filled with boiling water. I grab one of these and pour it onto the guy. He screams something about me ruining his plans and seeing the inside of his skin. Then he chases me around a bell tower with his flesh sloughing off.

EdwardLic

• Annoying Newbie
  • Coolio Points: +0/-0
    • View Profile
SEO Boosting of Websites in the Britain: A Vital Component for Efficient Online
« Reply #110 on: September 16, 2023, 01:31:04 PM »

In today's virtual age, possessing a powerful online presence is essential for businesses to succeed. As the quantity of websites continues to expand dramatically, it becomes progressively challenging to stand out from the masses. This is where Search Engine Optimization (SEO) steps into play. In this paper, we will investigate the importance of SEO promotion for websites in the United Kingdom, offering statistical evidence to demonstrate its important role in online marketing strategies.

The Importance of SEO Boost

1. Increased organic traffic

SEO acts a vital role in directing organic traffic to websites. Based on recent statistics, organic search results still produce the majority of website visits, with a astonishing 53.3% share globally (source: BrightEdge, 2021). In the Britain, this number is anticipated to be even more, given the country's high internet accessibility rate. By optimizing a website's content, structure, and comprehensive user experience, SEO boosts its presence in search engine results, leading to a surge in organic traffic.

2. Cost-effective marketing plan

Contrast to other marketing methods, SEO boost offers huge cost savings. Typical advertising channels, like print or TV, often demand considerable financial investments while offering limited targeting abilities. SEO, on the other hand, allows businesses to reach their target market rightly. By centering on specific keywords and optimizing website information, businesses can attract relevant traffic without the need for expensive ad placements. This makes SEO an enticing option for businesses of all sizes, including startups and small enterprises.

3. Augmented brand visibility and credibility

A strong online presence not only increases appearance but also enhances brand credibility. Studies have shown that users tend to trust websites that appear on the first page of search results more than those on subsequent pages (source: Advanced Web Ranking, 2021). Investing in SEO boost helps websites rank higher, signaling authority and reliability to potential customers. Establishing credibility through SEO also leads to amplified brand awareness, as users are more likely to share trustworthy websites across various platforms.

4. Long-term sustainability

One of the distinctive advantages of SEO advancement is its long-term sustainability. Unlike sponsored advertising, which offers instant results but stops once the budget runs out, SEO efforts have a lasting effect. By consistently optimizing website elements and generating high-quality backlinks, businesses can maintain their search engine rankings over time. This leads to a continuous flow of organic traffic and ensures a steady stream of potential clients.

In wrap-up, SEO boost is an vital part of effectively promoting websites in the UK. The numbers discussed in this article clearly underline the importance of investing in SEO as an essential component of online marketing strategies. By increasing organic traffic, providing cost-effective marketing solutions, enhancing brand appearance and credibility, and offering long-term sustainability, SEO enables businesses to accomplish their goals in an increasingly competitive digital landscape. Therefore, it is important for businesses to prioritize SEO promotion to maximize their online prosperity.

- DVMAGIC.EU, (2023). SEO UK Enhance Your UK Websites Reputation https://dvmagic.eu
- BrightEdge. (2021). Organic Search "Still Drives the Majority of Website Traffic, Globally". Retrieved from www.brightedge.com/resources/research-reports/organic-search-major-website-traffic-source
- Advanced Web Ranking. (2021). What Is the Click-Through Rate for Each Position in Google Search Results? Retrieved from www.advancedwebranking.com/ctrstudy/
Visit my blog ... promosystem.net
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]