The Geek Forum

• May 10, 2024, 03:07:47 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to the prolific nature of these forums, poster aggression is advised.

Recent Forum Posts

Shout Box

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 129621
  • Total Topics: 7185
  • Online Today: 145
  • Online Ever: 1013
  • (January 12, 2023, 01:18:11 AM)

Author Topic: The 2006 Holiday Shopping Challenge  (Read 1474 times)

Chris

• Administrator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +286/-8
  • IT'S A TARP
    • View Profile
    • The Geekery
The 2006 Holiday Shopping Challenge
« on: November 13, 2006, 11:15:59 PM »

I figured since it's almost time to kick off the official holiday shopping season, I would let you guys in on my plan for this year's holiday season.

If possible, I'm going to try and order as many items as possible online this holiday season - effectively avoiding the hassle of waiting in long lines and driving with morons who buckle under the pressure of finding a parking spot. This is defiantly possible given that many places give you bigger discounts if you order online, not to mention free shipping on orders of 25 dollars or more in most cases.

I'm going to use this thread as a means to track my progress towards my goal. I have 6 or 7 people to buy gifts for, or at least that I would like to buy gifts for. With just about a month and a half to go from today, I should be in good shape. I figure I'll make my cut off during the second week of December. Any closer and I risk not getting the item on time for Christmas.

Additionally, before I do the bulk of my ordering, do any of you have any pointers/tips? I've ordered plenty of stuff online before, but maybe some of you have done this before and know how to get super-duper discounts like buy one for the price of two and get one free.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 11:17:45 PM by Chris »

BizB

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +439/-15
  • Keep making circles
    • View Profile
Re: The 2006 Holiday Shopping Challenge
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 08:54:03 AM »

I hear that Google Checkout is running some kind of special for the holidays.

Do no evil?
Without me, it's just 'aweso'.