The Geek Forum

• May 10, 2024, 05:09:04 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to the prolific nature of these forums, poster aggression is advised.

Recent Forum Posts

Shout Box

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 129623
  • Total Topics: 7186
  • Online Today: 152
  • Online Ever: 1013
  • (January 12, 2023, 01:18:11 AM)

Author Topic: A question about Hunting style games.  (Read 1550 times)

Telsan

• Jail Bait
  • Coolio Points: +0/-0
    • View Profile
A question about Hunting style games.
« on: January 27, 2004, 09:33:13 AM »

Before I ask my question I'll state that I am only interested in this stuff because Its took expensive for me to go down to the rifle range every week to mess with the scopes for practice, besides the range owners dont allow the scopes to be resighted all that often.

My question is this. I have been looking around for a long time for a decent rifle/ballistics training simulator for sometime that is commerically available. (The US Army has one, but its restricted to Government Use)

The closest thing I found was Police Quest: Swat. The game was pretty buggy and the FMV was fairly nasty aswell. The only thing I liked about the game is that you had to zero in the rifle for various situations of wind and distance for the shooting range before going out on a mission.

My question is, does anyone know of ANY games that have this sort of realism for rifles and sniper rifles? It would save me a lot of time trying to mess around with the range rifles and wasting ammo on just sighting the thing in. The realism I am looking for is for a rifle to be zeroed in, and windage and DCC adjustments for various conditions.
"You're a very sick man, and I'm afraid I need to rip out my intestinal tract and strangle myself now."

Anonymous

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2004, 09:58:57 AM »

I remember playing PQ Swat and that's one of the things I liked about the game. And the game manual had some basic information on how to use the riffle and make the adjustments. It was pretty sweet.

Theres a software called "BeamHit Sniper Training Simulator" that sniping school use. I don't know if it's available but if you can't find out information, you can always contact one of the schools and ask if there's a way to get it.

click

Telsan

• Jail Bait
  • Coolio Points: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2004, 04:40:55 AM »

Thanks. I had a search for it on Google. Seems to be a totally government/military program. Looks like I am going to have to trawl the bargin bins and Ebay for the Police Quest Series.

I checked out the STS (sniper Training Simulator) it looks like it costs a fortune. Based on a digital photograph it then emulates that into the software to generate situations. Would be wonderful but grossly expensive.

Anyone know where I can get the old PQ series, or PQ Swat 1 online? Been looking, the older ones should be freeware by now, but I doubt Swat is yet.
"You're a very sick man, and I'm afraid I need to rip out my intestinal tract and strangle myself now."