The Geek Forum

• May 09, 2024, 10:35:38 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to the prolific nature of these forums, poster aggression is advised.

Recent Forum Posts

Shout Box

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 129621
  • Total Topics: 7185
  • Online Today: 154
  • Online Ever: 1013
  • (January 12, 2023, 01:18:11 AM)

Author Topic: A question for Console users  (Read 1574 times)

Telsan

• Jail Bait
  • Coolio Points: +0/-0
    • View Profile
A question for Console users
« on: February 28, 2004, 07:10:20 PM »

I own an junkbo...i mean xbox. This question is mainly for PS2 owners who use the DVD player option. Does the playstation 2 have as many DVD problems as the Xbox does? The majority of DVD's I try to play come up with errors that the disc is scratched or dirty - when the disc is brand new and NEVER been used.

This error has started happening after 15 or so minutes of gaming aswell. Anyone else have a junk box that freezes like this? I read an article talking about reflashing the xbox and so forth, but its just plain shitty that Xbox would have so many bugs appear now (after the warranty expires of course).

Apart from taking to it with a large axe, anyone have an idea on why the damn thing crashes all the time?
"You're a very sick man, and I'm afraid I need to rip out my intestinal tract and strangle myself now."

Scuzzy

• Troll
  • Coolio Points: +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2004, 09:27:40 AM »

All DVD's/games i've seen or used on the PS2 had no problems. and to the shitbox, my friend has one and Im always at his house. so one day I was over there, but for no reason his box broke while playng a game saying give us $100 and we'll fix the non-existant problem, and all DVD's he's played stop somewhere and go to the menu...Overall PS2 is higher quality. yeah...Overall

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2004, 10:13:35 AM »

Perhaps it's a problem with the laser that reads the discs. I don't know if you can buy kits to clean your xbox like you can for PCs' CDROMs. Maybe it's just dirt.