The Geek Forum

• April 27, 2024, 04:21:45 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to the prolific nature of these forums, poster aggression is advised.

Recent Forum Posts

Shout Box

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 129551
  • Total Topics: 7148
  • Online Today: 180
  • Online Ever: 1013
  • (January 12, 2023, 01:18:11 AM)

Author Topic: Another Dual, Another Day  (Read 1693 times)

Anonymous

Another Dual, Another Day
« on: April 13, 2004, 02:28:47 PM »

For over a year my old dual always gave me problems. I changed everything that I could think of with the exception of the motherboard. So the next step was to buy another board. I decided to take a trip over to Newegg.com last week and found this board to be suitable. I had to wait nearly a week for it to come via FedEx, but it did the trick, from what I can tell, there have not been any lockups yet, whereas on the other system that I had, simply installing Windows would have caused it to lockup several times.

The only problem with this new board is its size. Sure, my K7D Master L from MSI was a pretty big board, but this thing is even larger than that board. It goes all the way from the back of my RaidMax case, to almost the front of the drive bays. I got worried at first thinking that it wasn't going to fit in my case, and I only have the same case for all of my computers, so I couldn't simply swap one for another.

All in all, this board is quite nice. On board LAN and sound, as well as an onboard RAID controller, which I do not use. Instead I'm using a RAID controller from High Point Technologies, which increases the speed at which my drives operate.

Here's a pic that I snapped just a little while ago of the new mobo with the crap in it. Basically, you've seen one, you've seen them all.

Now I'll just have to take the time to RMA this other board back to MSI and then figure out what I'm going to do with an extra dual XP/MP motherboard.  :roll: