The Geek Forum

• May 10, 2024, 02:27:44 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to the prolific nature of these forums, poster aggression is advised.

Recent Forum Posts

Shout Box

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 129627
  • Total Topics: 7187
  • Online Today: 159
  • Online Ever: 1013
  • (January 12, 2023, 01:18:11 AM)

Author Topic: S-Video or RCA to VGA adapter??  (Read 1713 times)

scribcake

• Troll
  • Coolio Points: +42/-2
    • View Profile
S-Video or RCA to VGA adapter??
« on: March 12, 2006, 12:12:21 AM »

Is there such a thing because I just got a second flatscreen monitor and my graphics card (Radeon 9250 PCI 256mb) only had one VGA, but also a S-Video and RCA port. So for me to use extended desktop I have to hook the new monitor up to my integrated graphic card.

The cards must not be interfacing properly because i don't get my taskbar or my wallpaper extended to the other monitor. Also the settings for each card say I only have one monitor attached to my box.

So I thought I'd buy an adapter for S-Vid to VGA or an adapter for RCA to VGA. My only problem is I am having trouble finding one and am begining to doubt they even exist, or that what I am trying to do can even be done. Bestbuy, CompUSA, AND Radioshack didn't have one. Even Newegg was unable to provide me with the adapter I am seeking...

So if anyone knows of where I can buy one of these or where I can find plans to make one please tell me... and if it isn't possible... tell me that too so I can stop wasting my time with this issue...  :P

12AX7

scribcake

• Troll
  • Coolio Points: +42/-2
    • View Profile
S-Video or RCA to VGA adapter??
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2006, 10:02:08 PM »

Sweet! Ty! I don't know why google didn't have this in my search  :?