The Geek Forum

• March 29, 2024, 03:47:35 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to the prolific nature of these forums, poster aggression is advised.

Recent Forum Posts

Shout Box

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 129470
  • Total Topics: 7101
  • Online Today: 57
  • Online Ever: 1013
  • (January 12, 2023, 01:18:11 AM)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: Random Rants  (Read 66820 times)

Min

• Nice Ex-Hackernetwork Moderator
  • Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +468/-13
  • Slacker Wiseass
    • View Profile
Re: Random Rants
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2008, 04:06:14 PM »

Ok, if you have had a pay cut, job lost, house repoed, car repoed, no money to buy food, or lost your savings in a collapsed bank, etc; then fine. Be an ass to everyone and whine and moan about "the economy".
 However, if you still have the same job, the same pay, still have your home, your vehicle(s), and are actually kinda chubby around the gut; then SHUT THE FUCK UP. What in the HELL are you whining/bitching/acting like an ass to me and saying stupid things like "Oh the economy, man! Its the rich people got all the money, and they just screwing us over!!"
  You haven't had a fucking thing change but the price of gas and a few other items that crept up in cost; and you work for the same company at the same job I do, and we are in no way close to being laid off or otherwise losing any hours. In fact; we're SO covered up usually; that we are severely understaffed trying to meet contractual obligations to our customers. Your job isnt going ANYWHERE.

I get so f'in tired of people (generally left-leaning) whining about how bad the economy is; but when you ask them specifically what ails them - "Well, nothing yet. But I heard on CNN (or MSNBC) how bad things are right now, and I believe it, because they said it was Bush's fault."
 Show me some blood before you cry around me.

Agree.  I'm middle class.  I'm not "in trouble".  I don't "need the government's help".  Thanks anyway Obama.
Flammable : Inflammable :: Duh : No Duh
"I TYPE 120 WORDS PER MINUTE, BUT IT'S IN MY OWN LANGUAGE!"  -ivan
1,180,463,441,680 Coolio Points

xolik

• King of the Geekery
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +541/-25
  • HAY GUYS
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2008, 04:59:12 PM »

I have the same truck, live in the same apartment and pretty much well fed for the most part. Money is still tight, but it's to be expected when you eat out as often as I do. (horrible habit, but I'm an even more horrible chef) It's not that I don't feel compassion for the people who got screwed, I do. But I also think the whole situation is just compounded by all involved parties being a bunch of selfish chowderheads. "A million dollar mansion for $700 a month? Sign me up!" "Sure, sure, just sign here. (I still get my commission, right?)"
Barium: What you do if CPR fails.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
[The Fade^C Compound]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

12AX7

« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2008, 07:11:55 PM »

But I also think the whole situation is just compounded by all involved parties being a bunch of selfish chowderheads.
That, among other things:

"AIG’s expenditure of $440,000 for a corporate retreat at the St. Regis Monarch Beach resort in Los Angeles, Calif. These funds were spent on Sept. 22, a week after the Federal Reserve extended an $85 billion emergency loan to AIG to keep it from going bankrupt due to insurance liabilities.
  According to the receipt from the St. Regis, the eight-day company retreat was a lavish one -- $139,000 was spent on hotel rooms, while even more money -- $147,301 -- was spent on banquets. Another $23,380 was spent on undisclosed spa treatments and another $6,939 was spent on golf. A full $9,980 was spent on room service and food and cocktails at the hotel lounge.
"

from here: http://www.foxbusiness.com/story/markets/industries/finance/aig-executives-blow--getting-bailout/

Copy of Hotel bill: http://www.foxbusiness.com/pdfs/AIG_hotel_bill.pdf

xolik

• King of the Geekery
  • Hacker
  • HAY GUYS
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2008, 02:19:18 PM »

That, among other things:

"AIG’s expenditure of $440,000 for a corporate retreat at the St. Regis Monarch Beach resort in Los Angeles, Calif. These funds were spent on Sept. 22, a week after the Federal Reserve extended an $85 billion emergency loan to AIG to keep it from going bankrupt due to insurance liabilities.
  According to the receipt from the St. Regis, the eight-day company retreat was a lavish one -- $139,000 was spent on hotel rooms, while even more money -- $147,301 -- was spent on banquets. Another $23,380 was spent on undisclosed spa treatments and another $6,939 was spent on golf. A full $9,980 was spent on room service and food and cocktails at the hotel lounge.
"

from here: http://www.foxbusiness.com/story/markets/industries/finance/aig-executives-blow--getting-bailout/

Copy of Hotel bill: http://www.foxbusiness.com/pdfs/AIG_hotel_bill.pdf

Sums it up right here...

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
[The Fade^C Compound]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

pbsaurus

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +354/-31
  • Everyone Loves The King Of The Sea
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/flipperpete
« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2008, 01:35:18 PM »

A great big fuck you to the assholes in their cars who leave a fucking car length or more between them and the car in front of them while waiting in queue in a limited length left turn lane or even worse in the lane next to the limited length left turn lane so that I can't get in and have to wait for another whole 4 minute light cycle when I would have made it through the light if the fuckers had just pulled up another fucking foot.  And fuck you to the people going straight in the right lane who are so far to the right of the lane that I can't pass on the right to make a fucking right turn on red.  And a big fucking fuck you to the fuckers who leave a fucking car fucking length or three between fucking them and the fucking car in front of them (about 5 of them this morning) while in queue in at the metering lights to get on the freeway while I'm waiting through three light cycles to fucking get in the queue by turning left.  Come on people, don't you know how much you're contributing to traffic congestion.  I'm anti-death penalty but in their case I'd make an exception!

xolik

• King of the Geekery
  • Hacker
  • HAY GUYS
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2008, 05:23:36 PM »

FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKING FUCKS!

Yeah, I totally hate those things as well. Especially the left turn on a light deal when the turn light lasts all of 15 seconds and the dipshit in front of you is more concerned in seeing how far up his nose he can jam his finger instead of paying attention to the light.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 12:28:18 PM by xolik »

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
[The Fade^C Compound]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

12AX7

« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2008, 12:08:46 AM »

I heard an interesting solution once. Suction-cup darts with flags on them.
 "Asshole"  "Dumbass" "Clueless" ...
 Every time someone does something stupid, you pop a cup on their ass. If they aquire so many flags; they get pulled and given a ticket for being a dumbass.

Chris

• Administrator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +286/-8
  • IT'S A TARP
    • View Profile
    • The Geekery
« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2008, 01:16:41 AM »

Cruise control is a neat feature on cars. However, what some people don't understand is that when you drive into another speed zone, you need to adjust the cruise control setting to match the new speed limit. I can't tell you how many times I've been stuck behind someone on my way to work who has their cruise control set for 30 or 35mph when the speed limit is 45mph.

xolik

• King of the Geekery
  • Hacker
  • HAY GUYS
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2008, 12:29:04 PM »

I heard an interesting solution once. Suction-cup darts with flags on them.
 "Asshole"  "Dumbass" "Clueless" ...
 Every time someone does something stupid, you pop a cup on their ass. If they aquire so many flags; they get pulled and given a ticket for being a dumbass.

Gerat, just what I needed. More activity involving my ass. Thanks a lot.  :x

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
[The Fade^C Compound]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

ivan

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +499/-50
  • Not a Mod, nor a Rocker. A Mocker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2008, 09:50:57 AM »

A great big fuck you to the assholes in their cars who leave a fucking car length or more between them and the car in front of them while waiting in queue in a limited length left turn lane or even worse in the lane next to the limited length left turn lane so that I can't get in and have to wait for another whole 4 minute light cycle when I would have made it through the light if the fuckers had just pulled up another fucking foot.  And fuck you to the people going straight in the right lane who are so far to the right of the lane that I can't pass on the right to make a fucking right turn on red.  And a big fucking fuck you to the fuckers who leave a fucking car fucking length or three between fucking them and the fucking car in front of them (about 5 of them this morning) while in queue in at the metering lights to get on the freeway while I'm waiting through three light cycles to fucking get in the queue by turning left.  Come on people, don't you know how much you're contributing to traffic congestion.  I'm anti-death penalty but in their case I'd make an exception!

Observations:

1. Driving culture in NoCal and SoCal must be quite different. Here, people tailgate, always, at all speeds, in all situations. It's just the way.

2. The reason why we should continue to be anti-death penalty is because it is moral cowardice to ask the state to exact vengeance. Vengeance should be carried out by individuals. Rather than promote the death penalty, we should strive to change laws that punish individuals for pursuing their God-given rights to kill, maim or at least severely humiliate asshole drivers.

3. This is the first traffic-related complaint I've heard from you. I'm guessing your commute has changed for the worse.
"I TYPE 120 WORDS PER MINUTE, BUT IT'S IN MY OWN LANGUAGE!"  -Detta

xolik: WHERE IS OBAMA'S GIFT CERTIFICATE?
Demosthenes: Is that from the gifters movement?

Detta: Crappy old shorts and a tank top.  This is how I dress for work. Because my job is to get puked on.
Demosthenes: So is mine.  I work in IT.

bananaskittles: The world is 4chan and God is a troll.

pbsaurus

• Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2008, 07:31:45 PM »

When I drop Ian off at daycare I have to get on 85 (the 85 if you're from SoCal), at Union and it's a left turn and the metering lights are invariably on.

Concur with #2 above.  Brilliantly stated.

Socrates

• Wannabe Professional Blogger
  • Coolio Points: +123/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2008, 07:17:36 AM »

Wendy's.  What the fuck?

So apparently when you get your combo meal, you can switch out your medium soda for a small frosty for only $1.10 more!! 

A small frosty only costs $1.19, jerkfaces.  Why wouldn't I just ADD the frosty to my combo for $1.19 and enjoy the soda too?

They have coffee frostys on the menu here in RI.  Haven't managed to try one yet but i want
--this space intentionally left blank--

Chris

• Administrator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +286/-8
  • IT'S A TARP
    • View Profile
    • The Geekery
« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2008, 01:15:01 AM »

I went into Wendy's yesterday and they just got these float things. What's the difference between that and a frosty?

The float more than likely has soda in it, where the frosty doesn't contain any carbonation in it.

ivan

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +499/-50
  • Not a Mod, nor a Rocker. A Mocker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2008, 12:11:24 PM »

When I drop Ian off at daycare I have to get on 85

Get on 85 what? What are these 85 things you have to get on? EIGHTY-FIVE IS A LOT OF SOMETHING, BUT WHAT IS IT?
(the 85 if you're from SoCal)

OHHHHH!

Got it.
"I TYPE 120 WORDS PER MINUTE, BUT IT'S IN MY OWN LANGUAGE!"  -Detta

xolik: WHERE IS OBAMA'S GIFT CERTIFICATE?
Demosthenes: Is that from the gifters movement?

Detta: Crappy old shorts and a tank top.  This is how I dress for work. Because my job is to get puked on.
Demosthenes: So is mine.  I work in IT.

bananaskittles: The world is 4chan and God is a troll.

pbsaurus

• Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2008, 03:56:55 PM »

Hectar!

12AX7

« Reply #65 on: October 18, 2008, 09:41:54 AM »

I went into Wendy's yesterday and they just got these float things. What's the difference between that and a frosty?
I tried a Wendy's float yesterday. It's just drink of choice (I had Coke) and choice of ice cream flavor ( I had vanilla). Basically the same thing as a regular float, except it's soft-serve ice cream instead of 'hard' ice cream (scoops).
 A "Frosty" is just soft-serve ice cream with a trade name. 

xolik

• King of the Geekery
  • Hacker
  • HAY GUYS
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2009, 12:48:13 PM »

BUMP TIME

You know what really grinds my gears? These idiot teens wearing 'ironic' 80s shirts. It's bad enough that my childhood has been repackaged and sold back to me at jacked up prices, but seeing these kids walking around having ZERO idea about what it is that they're wearing other than Hot Topic sells it just bugs me.

And get off my lawn.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
[The Fade^C Compound]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Demosthenes

• Evil Ex-HN Moderator
  • Administrator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +567/-72
  • Just try me. See what happens.
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2009, 09:05:22 AM »

BUMP TIME

You know what really grinds my gears? These idiot teens wearing 'ironic' 80s shirts. It's bad enough that my childhood has been repackaged and sold back to me at jacked up prices, but seeing these kids walking around having ZERO idea about what it is that they're wearing other than Hot Topic sells it just bugs me.

And get off my lawn.

This.

Preach on, my brother.

Coolio Points: 89,000,998,776,554,211,222
Detta Puzzle Points: 45

Banning forum idiots since 2001

jeee

• Dork
  • Coolio Points: +189/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2009, 09:17:57 AM »

Vintage Atari shirt has not arrived in time for your 80's party Xolik?

xolik

• King of the Geekery
  • Hacker
  • HAY GUYS
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 19, 2009, 09:57:28 AM »

Vintage Atari shirt has not arrived in time for your 80's party Xolik?

"Vintage" = cheap ass reproduction at triple the price.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
[The Fade^C Compound]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

12AX7

« Reply #70 on: May 19, 2009, 10:01:01 AM »

"Vintage" = cheap ass reproduction at triple the price.

With the logos printed slightly crooked, and one sleeve's shoulder is smaller than the other...

xolik

• King of the Geekery
  • Hacker
  • HAY GUYS
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 19, 2009, 03:43:28 PM »

Anybody who seriously uses the term "Opposite Marriage" needs to be shot.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
[The Fade^C Compound]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Novice

• Forum Ninja
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +205/-10
  • Thread Killer 3.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 01, 2009, 12:19:51 AM »

Started watching Metalocalypse and paused it a few times with the 'ol DVR. After doing this a time or two, I was about 4-5 minutes behind live. Moved my laptop to on top of my television remote, switched the channels twice and the DVR forgot the show. Missed the ending.  :x

. . . although The Venture Bros is on now.
Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?

Wunderkind

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +419/-36
  • drunk and practicing witchcraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 03, 2009, 07:09:27 AM »

Why must I get a period once a month! These cramps are really killing me; all my plans are ruined for the day and I have to stay home and do nothing but watch Pokemon. Why was I born female >.<? Why do we need periods? Screw children the world is going to shit anyway. Why make more copies of ourselves... I think they'd be more grateful not living in this world.
Answers to your questions in order asked:
Reproduction. 6:1 odds in favour. Because things get really crowded if you never take out the trash.
Solution:
Hysterectomy
Because you either live life - bruises, skinned knees and all - or you turn your back on it and start dying. -- Captain Pike
I clicked 12AX7's banner.

Probie

• Professional Blogger
  • Coolio Points: +223/-5
  • The natural nap catalyst
    • View Profile
    • SoggyBlog
« Reply #74 on: July 03, 2009, 07:37:43 AM »

that's a bit like using a wrecking ball to knock down a tent. Overkill much?
// ------- Probie ------- //
// ----------------------- //
// --- T3H GEEKERY --- //
// ----------------------- //
www.niccisixx.com - I can put this here, because I'm awesome.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11